2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian dealers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Canadian dealers.

Hi All,

In the Toronto area, where will we find a dealer that won't r*&e us on price?

Which Chevy dealer is considered a "good" dealership in the Toronto area?

Can we not just go the factory if we are close enough and pick it up off the line? (Yeah yeah pipe dream)

BIG
Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
Originally Posted by bigsjk
Hi All,

In the Toronto area, where will we find a dealer that won't r*&e us on price?

Which Chevy dealer is considered a "good" dealership in the Toronto area?

Can we not just go the factory if we are close enough and pick it up off the line? (Yeah yeah pipe dream)

BIG
Not sure as I've never dealt with them, but Wilson-Niblett Chevrolet on Yonge St. in Richmond Hill is the new "home" for the OCC (Ontario Camaro Club). The club's monthly meetings are now held in the almost-completed new showroom. It would be nice to think this dealership will treat enthusiasts fairly and develop a positive reputation with prospective Camaro buyers, much as they have with their Corvette customers.
Wilson-Niblett is the highest volume Corvette dealer in Canada. They actually have 2 Ron Fellows Z06s on their lot now. I guess it will all work out to supply and demand... in Canada it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car at higher than MSRP.
However, the Ford dealers in the Toronto area have managed to circumvent this on sales of the GT500 by adding a clause to the sales contract stating that the buyer is aware of, and accepts the $10,000 "extra profit" charge that the dealers are tacking on to the price. Once the buyer signs that contract, there's no comeback on the dealer.
Time will tell...

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Another suggestion is Courtesy Chevrolet in West Toronto located near The Queensway and 427. They have a no-hassle price policey on all of their new cars. They give you a discount up front, you don't have to haggel.

I bought my Camaro there 9 years ago. I went to about 5 dealers at the time and no one would even come close to their discounted price. It might be less fun, but it's guaranteed not to give you a headache.

In fact a competing dealer who claimed they would give you an extra $500 off if you could find a cheaper price refused to comply with his own advertisement because he claimed he would lose money.

Oh, and I have nothing against the Wilson-Niblett Chevrolet. I am part of the Ontario Camaro Club and know they have an amazing dealership.

I just thought I'd add Courtesy as one of your options.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the info Horde...Courtesy Chevrolet is 10 mins form me...had no idea they were no haggle. But will they be the same with the new Camaro? Who knows?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sselie
in Canada it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car at higher than MSRP.
That should be how it works everywhere imo.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 AM

in Canada it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car at higher than MSRP.
Not true

There are percentages over that they can charge (they can't just crank up the price to ANYTHING) and there are other ways to jack the prices up.

I've questioned some dealerships regarding the Shelby GT500 and MOST dealerships here won't sell over MSRP.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:21 PM

I haven't lived in the Toronto area for about 10 years now. From my experiences, there was a really nice salesman at the chevy dealership just north of steeles and yonge, on yonge. His name was Joseph Bickerstaff. I used to go in and chat Camaro's with him for hours, he'd send me mail of any new info. I can't remember the name of the dealership, but it is in a big auto park with a ford and pontiac dealership.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 PM

Oh and since we are on the topic of Canadians and price...why the hell do we pay more for a car than Americans do? I see car ads (and prices) on American TV stations that make me wish I lived down there.
Even factoring exchange rates, we are getting hosed.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by bigsjk
Oh and since we are on the topic of Canadians and price...why the hell do we pay more for a car than Americans do? I see car ads (and prices) on American TV stations that make me wish I lived down there.
Even factoring exchange rates, we are getting hosed.
Yes. You are definitely correct. It's called "market conditions" and what the market will bear. I feel like pukin' when I see a list price of over CDN$100G's for a fully optioned Z06.
About 9% difference today $US vs. $CDN. That's it.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by ckt101
I haven't lived in the Toronto area for about 10 years now. From my experiences, there was a really nice salesman at the chevy dealership just north of steeles and yonge, on yonge. His name was Joseph Bickerstaff. I used to go in and chat Camaro's with him for hours, he'd send me mail of any new info. I can't remember the name of the dealership, but it is in a big auto park with a ford and pontiac dealership.
Hey Curtis!

How you doin'?
That would be North York Chev-Olds... but I think they call it North York Chevrolet - Corvette now!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 AM

Yes. You are definitely correct. It's called "market conditions" and what the market will bear. I feel like pukin' when I see a list price of over CDN$100G's for a fully optioned Z06.
About 9% difference today $US vs. $CDN. That's it.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Yeah, take into account cars like the Impala being built in Ontario too... How does that work, eh?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:39 AM

Hey Curtis!

How you doin'?

Best regardSS,

Elie
I've been called many things in my life, but never Curtis!
I think you've got the wrong guy.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by ckt101
I've been called many things in my life, but never Curtis!
I think you've got the wrong guy.
LOL! Sorry man! There's a Canadian who I know from Saskatchewan on another board whose handle also starts with CK. Definitely had a brain fart there!
Buy I know I got the name of the dealer right!

Best regardSS.

Elie
Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Well, seeing as I live in Oshawa, and the car is being BUILT in Oshawa, I figure I'll give OMS (Ontario Motor Sales) a shot at the sale. I have no previous dealings with them except for a couple visits to their service dept. (which I've been happy with). However, if they're not willing to deal "nice" like, perhaps Wilson Niblett, then I guess I'll have to take my business elsewhere .