2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaros.... LOTS of Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Solo II
I'm a salesman at a chevy dealer. Upon finding these pics, I showed them to a few people at work, including the owner. Our inventory manager original assumed they were product cars, but the owner was very certain they were not..
Which dealership? I'd like to know so I remember not to shop there and can tell all my friends to not shop their either.
Before I even pulled up the pictures, he knew that there would only be the 4 colors, and also knew they would be RS models or have sunroofs. All I know, is his version of why these cars are there was pretty convincing. Could these be for a completely different reason and just a coincidence they are set-up exactly like the dealer-unveiling cars? of course....but I don't think so.
Your boss is full of it. First of all there are not only 4 colors. As confirmed by Scott, there are actually 6 colors represented: red, yellow, black, silver, imperial blue, and inferno orange.
While I don't know it to be fact, I highly doubt that these cars are destined for the scrapyard. Even the pace-cars will eventually be sold, so it stands to reason these will too.
If they are in fact captive fleet vehicles as Scott said, most in fact will be scrapped when the GM employees are done with them.
And I also questioned the vehichles that have hoodscoops, and was told that the scoop is part of the RS package...however, if you look at the pics again, there's a red one that clearly has an "SS" badge on the back....something I will have to bring up with the boss later.
Actually that red one, is inferno orange. As others have pointed out, only the SS Camaros have the fake hood scoop. RS means something else.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, however most Chevy salesmen know less about GM products than the majority of enthusiasts on this website. Stick around a little while and you might learn something. In fact, perhaps your boss should visit this website as well. Maybe if he understood what most of us enthusiasts/consumers did, he'd have a better idea on what he needs to do to sell more cars.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM

There could be some truth in what Solo II is saying.
These cars COULD be going to dealers, but just not for sale.
Kind of like demo cars, so people can crawl around them, test drive them, and whatever.
After the unveiling/demo process, the cars would go back to GM and eventually be sold off as program cars.
It could happen.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I'll repeat myself once again:

>They are Captive Test Fleet Cars

>Most will be retrofitted back in Michigan -- then sent to GM auction as 'used Divisional Company cars" -- some will be shipped to MPG or DPG for further testing and future component testing.......

>None of the cars you see are dealer cars -- WE START REGULAR PRODUCTION on MARCH 16th -- -THAT is when customer orders and dealership cars will start production.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM

I apologize if I came off wrong, I only intended to present the information as I was made to understand it. As I said, it may just be a coicidence that the vehicles pictured appeared to be what we were told would be made for the nationwide unveiling, and sounds like it is.

I'm on the site to begin with because I'm trying to get a leg up on my information. So thanks for educating me
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Don't worry ... as I mentioned in another thread about the production capability of the plant, they can build another "fleet" of cars like that in just a couple days, so once (official) "production" starts, those ~couple hundred cars will be long forgotten .

I actually JUST drove by that lot about ~20 minutes ago ..... holy CRAP are there a lot of Camaros in there!!?!?!! I felt like a kid in a candy store (and I wasn't technically "in" the "candy store" ... just driving by! ). Even better, as I was driving down Stevenson Rd. (one of 2 main roads alongside the plant) a trio of cars pulled out onto the road in front of me to make their way down to join the rest of the fleet!! It was awesome!!

Oshawa may not be the greatest place on earth, but if you're a Camaro fan ..........

Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

You guys driving by the plant...where's the pics??
Old 03-10-2009, 10:25 PM

I think it is time for Scott to update his pic since he got his Camaro to test.
Anyone with me on this?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
You guys driving by the plant...where's the pics??
At the top of this thread!!! What more would you like to see?!?!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
At the top of this thread!!! What more would you like to see?!?!
As if we cannot get enough! More is the word! Strap on your camera, jump in your car, head back over there and start snappin'!! MOVE IT!!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
As if we cannot get enough! More is the word! Strap on your camera, jump in your car, head back over there and start snappin'!! MOVE IT!!
I am with Jason on this one. I can not get enough pics of this car, even if they are basically the same pics that we saw a few days ago!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 AM

I got a fuzzy camera phone pic of the cars that pulled out in front of me. I'll post them later on as "proof" . I was afraid of getting hunted down and shot for it, but the big lot where the fleet of cars are parked was WIDE OPEN!!! I was so tempted to pull in, but I value my life too!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

dont be tresspassing.... we wont cover your bail money.

anything you take from public property that is in plain sight is fair game. click away. bring a tripod. lol
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I'll repeat myself once again:

>They are Captive Test Fleet Cars

>Most will be retrofitted back in Michigan -- then sent to GM auction as 'used Divisional Company cars" -- some will be shipped to MPG or DPG for further testing and future component testing.......

>None of the cars you see are dealer cars -- WE START REGULAR PRODUCTION on MARCH 16th -- -THAT is when customer orders and dealership cars will start production.
those used company cars are some of the best cars to get. very well maintained and when they sell them you can normally get alot off from the normal sticker price.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:49 PM

While I don't know it to be fact, I highly doubt that these cars are destined for the scrapyard. Even the pace-cars will eventually be sold, so it stands to reason these will too.

And I also questioned the vehichles that have hoodscoops, and was told that the scoop is part of the RS package...however, if you look at the pics again, there's a red one that clearly has an "SS" badge on the back....something I will have to bring up with the boss later.
first of all, you work for a stealership. So you should know that mis-information is 50% of what is laid out to the public, and outright lies is the other 50%. If I had a dollar for every false truth ever told to me by a salesman I'd pay cash for my Camaro.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Heh...okay, guys. Let's not take this thread into a direction it shouldn't go.

Quick Reply: Camaros.... LOTS of Camaros