2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaros.... LOTS of Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 PM

Just Damn!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Drove down the street yesterday to see for my self in person, what a site just awsome but i was a little sad in thinking thoses cars will all most likely go to the crusher and will never find a home. With all of them the thoght crossed my mind to get a car trailer and free one of them lol do you think they would miss just one lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by john stewart
Drove down the street yesterday to see for my self in person, what a site just awsome
Got pics?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 AM

You'd think GM could loan one (or two) to this website for extended testing considering all the work they've done to support the new Camaro.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Sure beats the hell outta this one.....

That is sad to see...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM

I just hope it didn't snow or rain on those cars, otherwise they can NEVER be sold as "never seen a drop of rain".

Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 PM

Ok, I had to register to put your minds at ease. After showing these pictures to my boss,I was able to find out this much:

Each dealer is getting 1 car for a nationwide unveiling that will take place in early may. They are all V6's, the RS ones being autos, while the ones with sunroofs are 6-spd. The cars will be shipped to dealers completely at random. The idea is for every chevy dealer to have one in the showroom on that day for people to see and get excited over. I guess they felt that these will be the most popular colors.

Also, if you look closely the window stickers don't have info on them, just the standard "pricing info was not available at this time" message.

The good news is that I was specifically told these are NOT "program cars", as somebody else had originally came to that conclusion.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solo II
Ok, I had to register to put your minds at ease. After showing these pictures to my boss,I was able to find out this much:

Each dealer is getting 1 car for a nationwide unveiling that will take place in early may. They are all V6's, the RS ones being autos, while the ones with sunroofs are 6-spd. The cars will be shipped to dealers completely at random. The idea is for every chevy dealer to have one in the showroom on that day for people to see and get excited over. I guess they felt that these will be the most popular colors.

Also, if you look closely the window stickers don't have info on them, just the standard "pricing info was not available at this time" message.

The good news is that I was specifically told these are NOT "program cars", as somebody else had originally came to that conclusion.
As per Scott, a.k.a. Fbodfather, they are Captive Test Vehicles. What Scott says IS fact!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
As per Scott, a.k.a. Fbodfather, they are Captive Test Vehicles. What Scott says IS fact!
Or it COULD be what he's told to tell us .

..... although I doubt it . He's been very straight and honest on everything he's told us all along .

As well, our neighbour at the plant has confirmed all along that the "official" production cars won't be built until the "official" production date ... which is still slated for March 16th, correct? Every car built before is NOT a car which can be licensed for regular street use.

Unless they're all just trying to pull the wool over our eyes, but I truly doubt it .

Sorry bud, but you've gotta give us more than "my boss said" ... otherwise that's a 180° contradiction to everything that Scott et al have said up until now .
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Sorry bud, but you've gotta give us more than "my boss said" ... otherwise that's a 180° contradiction to everything that Scott et al have said up until now .
I'm a salesman at a chevy dealer. Upon finding these pics, I showed them to a few people at work, including the owner. Our inventory manager original assumed they were product cars, but the owner was very certain they were not.

Before I even pulled up the pictures, he knew that there would only be the 4 colors, and also knew they would be RS models or have sunroofs. All I know, is his version of why these cars are there was pretty convincing. Could these be for a completely different reason and just a coincidence they are set-up exactly like the dealer-unveiling cars? of course....but I don't think so.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:00 AM

Like you said, the "facts" you got on these cars IS pretty close to the truth. However, they're not ALL V6's (look at the very first couple of pics, and tell me you don't see a bunch of "hood scoops" in there) and I think the other main point we're stuck on is whether they're "sale-able, production" cars or not ..... I'm not disputing that they're probably ALL destined for the big unveiling, but will ANY of them ACTUALLY be sold to a paying customer? According to everything we've heard so far, NO ... because they're not "production models" (yet).

I wouldn't be so sure of that except that we've all heard it from Scott, AND my neighbour pretty much said the same thing (March 16th).
Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM

GM isn't about to produce that many vehicles ($$$$$$) to be put in the crusher later. The cars have already been evaluated by employees in the test fleet. These cars are being built for mass release to the dealers.....and they will just do the paperwork on them and add the door stickers with VINS etc. after March 16th. The VIN plates on the dash are produced in advance and were installed at assembly. Do you really think GM would want to be put under the microscope by Senator Shelby and the Pelosi California Hippies for producing another 200 cars for the scrapyard a week before production begins? After they made Rick Wagoner car pool to Washington? I think not.

Just my humble (but common sense) opinion.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:25 AM

While I don't know it to be fact, I highly doubt that these cars are destined for the scrapyard. Even the pace-cars will eventually be sold, so it stands to reason these will too.

And I also questioned the vehichles that have hoodscoops, and was told that the scoop is part of the RS package...however, if you look at the pics again, there's a red one that clearly has an "SS" badge on the back....something I will have to bring up with the boss later.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

And I also questioned the vehichles that have hoodscoops, and was told that the scoop is part of the RS package...however, if you look at the pics again, there's a red one that clearly has an "SS" badge on the back....something I will have to bring up with the boss later.
Scoop (non functional) is on the V8s only. It is not part of RS content on either V6 or V8. Do your own legwork, and no need to point out to the boss he was wrong. The info is out there.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Nice sight to see, those pics with all those Camaros. I can't wait to see them on the road.

Quick Reply: Camaros.... LOTS of Camaros