2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will Camaro's styling look stale to us by the time it comes out?
Yes, I think it will grow stale by then.
16.67%
No, it will still look fresh by then.
73.81%
I think it looks stale already.
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Will Camaro's styling become stale to us by the time it's released?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 03:55 PM

Will Camaro's styling become stale to us by the time it's released?

We're going to have been exposed to the Camaro concept's styling for quite some time, before we can buy one. Anyone think it'll look stale by then?
Old 02-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Re: Will Camaro's styling become stale to us by the time it's released?

I don't think it can look stale until you've had a chance for hands on experiences. So long as it is unavailable it will remain fresh to me.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:01 PM

I think it depends on A) How soon the car makes it to production and B) what tweaks they make between now and then. I hope that Chevrolet put's this program on a fast track and get's it out ASAP. Otherwise, they do run the risk of the concept appearing "old hat" when it is launched.

Lastly, I hope that they do not "water down" the concept with the hopes of making it non offensive. A polarizing design is a good thing for GM right now! A return to good old American design traits, with modern, improved quality is key.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:13 PM

I dont think it will. Im sure it will be slightly tweaked with the interior and maybe some very slight changes to the exterior if any giving it a fresh look. The car has an overwhelming positive response and hasnt hit the street. I say not very likely.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:27 PM

Personally, I think the risk exists for many people fatiguing on it's styling. Fast track or no fast track...we're going to be looking at this car for another 30-40 months, before we can buy it. That's almost long enough for a mid cycle enhancement.

And as much as Chevy will try not to alter the concept's styling...you can expect the greenhouse to get higher, bumpers to get bigger, ride height to raise, etc. Essentially, going from concept to production.

Hopefully they've got some fresh looking tweaks planned for it's intro, but I'd doubt it.

Last edited by Z284ever; 02-04-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
We're going to have been exposed to the Camaro concept's styling for quite some time, before we can buy one. Anyone think it'll look stale by then?
This was my first concern. I was saying that if it comes out in 09 like people are talking, it would need a re-styling by then.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:37 PM

Personally, I think the risk exists of many people fatiguing on it's styling. Fast track or no fast track...we're not going to buy this car for another 30-40 months, and we'll be looking at it for that whole time. And as much as Chevy will try to not alter styling...you can expect the greenhouse to get higher, bumpers to get bigger, ride height to raise, etc. Essentially, going from concept to production.
One of the complaints Ive seen here is the roof is too low. I dont mind it getting a little higher. Especially if that means interior room. The rear bumper is already huge and the front already sticks out thanks to 3rd gen styling. I dont see it comming out more. Im hoping the wheel wells will either shrink slightly or look ok with 17 or 18 inch rims.

Not everyone looks at the concept everyday. I looked at the charger a couple times but was surprised when it came out. I also wondered what happened to it. Their prodction is kinda cool but not as much as their concept was.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Im hoping the wheel wells will either shrink slightly or look ok with 17 or 18 inch rims.
If the wheelwells shrink, you will then notice it's very high Zeta sedan cowl. The big wheelwells are a needed visual trick, to make the cowl look lower. See, we're already picking it apart...
Old 02-04-2006, 05:52 PM

I thought about starting a thread with this question, but I hate to start threads unless I'm sure they'll be at least a little interesting... But...

If the Camaro 'does' change, say, tame down a bit from what it looks like, I wonder what it will look like? Can anyone photochop a Camaro with regular wheels, regular hood, etc.... In other words, without changing the main body, I wonder what it might look like 'just in case' it is tamed down... Any takers?
Old 02-04-2006, 05:56 PM

I think there is a chance this could happen by 09. I really hope they make some unexpected eye appealing changes to it by then. If not, the hype might go down for it. But I hope not!!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:01 PM

Change the grill, I'll be happy
Old 02-04-2006, 06:25 PM

If the wheelwells shrink, you will then notice it's very high Zeta sedan cowl. The big wheelwells are a needed visual trick, to make the cowl look lower. See, we're already picking it apart...
I have to admit to not knowing what a sedan cowl is. The cowl hood however from a distance looks to be not tall enough from the pics. I chalk that up to it having to be proportional to being chop topped. Then again the opening in the Challenger looked to small till I saw it was just as big as the origional 70 which was right next to it. The idea of a concept is to get public reaction pick it apart and make the tweaks before production.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I have to admit to not knowing what a sedan cowl is.
It's the firewall. It will come from a large sedan. I am told on that, what we see is what we'll get.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 PM

Damn guys, the thing hasn't been out as a concept for a month and you're talking about it being stale by the time it comes out? Is the 1969 Camaro stale? Classic beauty never really goes stale. It might become more common if a lot of examples are produced, but not stale. I say make it, DON"T CHANGE A THING FROM THE CONCEPT, and it has staying power like salt- cured ham!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by willz
Damn guys, the thing hasn't been out as a concept for a month and you're talking about it being stale by the time it comes out? Is the 1969 Camaro stale? Classic beauty never really goes stale. It might become more common if a lot of examples are produced, but not stale. I say make it, DON"T CHANGE A THING FROM THE CONCEPT, and it has staying power like salt- cured ham!
To tell you the truth, there was a time that I liked the '69 Camaro better than I do now. I can still appreciate them, especially a nice Z/28 or a well done pro-touring, but I think I've o.d.'ed on them over the years.

So to answer your question, YES, anything can look stale after awhile. Even a salt cured ham goes stale.

Quick Reply: Will Camaro's styling become stale to us by the time it's released?