2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Safety & Crash Testing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by johnny6
What's the problem with that?
A lot of money to spend on something you barely even get to enjoy... seems pointless to a lot of people, including me.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
A lot of money to spend on something you barely even get to enjoy... seems pointless to a lot of people, including me.
Good thing it's a lot (or maybe it's not a lot to him) of HIS money and not yours then huh.

3 of my cars spend literally half the year stored away in the garage. The more cars you own the more work it is to keep them all nice and in the Winter months the task can be become ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z
Good thing it's a lot (or maybe it's not a lot to him) of HIS money and not yours then huh.
Indeed, but we still have the right to post the smiley in response to people who choose to spend their money that way.

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z
3 of my cars spend literally half the year stored away in the garage. The more cars you own the more work it is to keep them all nice and in the Winter months the task can be become ridiculous.
I have four cars -- I am well aware of all of that.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM

Indeed, but we still have the right to post the smiley in response to people who choose to spend their money that way.
I guess it's not as big a deal to others. I do the same thing he does w/ my vette. I live pretty close to my work, and I can't enjoy the car on the commute because of the rough road and traffic, and who knows who could beat it up in the work parking lot. I drive it everywhere where I can actually enjoy it, and all road trips of course . I also park it if it rains, if for no other reason that it keeps the undercarriage clean, and it saves me the risk of other idiots spinning out and hitting me. To each his own I guess.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I do the same thing he does w/ my vette. ... I drive it everywhere where I can actually enjoy it, and all road trips of course
Does not compute.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM

What doesn't? The vette isnt any fun in bumper to bumper, light to light traffic on a rough road. The SS is much easier to live w/ then. On the open highway down in the hill country, the vette is in it's element. Not sure why you're against this. If you had a blizzard or somethign up there, and had to go to work, would you take your new 35k Camaro or your beater truck?
Old 01-07-2009, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
What doesn't? The vette isnt any fun in bumper to bumper, light to light traffic on a rough road. The SS is much easier to live w/ then. On the open highway down in the hill country, the vette is in it's element. Not sure why you're against this. If you had a blizzard or somethign up there, and had to go to work, would you take your new 35k Camaro or your beater truck?
You're still driving it quite a bit more than he says that he will. You say you drive it whenever the conditions are good and you have a long enough drive to enjoy it. He's saying that he will only drive it to car shows, every once in a great while. I personally want this car so I can have fun driving it, while he wants it more of a collectors item I guess.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM

I have four cars -- I am well aware of all of that.
No, we do have the "privilege" to post on this privately owned site but what irks me is people questioning others choices regarding how they choose to spend their money and ultimately what they are doing with it.

If spending 30k on a Camaro so it can sit in a garage and make the owner happy is what the owner wants to do more power to them. I've spent over twice that on just one car and it sits 6 months of every 12. Guess what it makes me happy. Why do others care how some of us choose to spend our money?

It's like me asking you why you waste so much money on cars you don't need. So long as it seats about five has about 100 HP, and is safe, that is generally speaking all most people need for transportation. No V8 or V6. No sport suspension. No radio. No power windows. Do you see where I'm going.

I understand your voicing your lack of understanding for his decision because you can. I'm doing the same thing because I can understand.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

I sold my 2002 Camaro SS with 5,600 miles on it...in the fall of 2006.

I got flack for it as well, but the same people who gave me a hard time about it must do it out of jealously because they inevitably also told me how awesome the car was, including the condition.

My car, my money, my problem. Jake, you of all people should know where some of the "low-mileage" guys come from after all the discussions we had about it.

I don't know if I will drive the 2010 that little though...I doubt it.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JasonD
Jake, you of all people should know where some of the "low-mileage" guys come from after all the discussions we had about it.
Even after all of our discussions, I don't understand that mindset.

In addition to that, it is my hope that there are tons of 2010 Camaros out on the street building public awareness and interest. GM needs it right now.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 PM

I rarely drive my Camaro, it's just not a typical DD for me. I get more fun out of it during weekends, it also gives me something to look forward to during the week.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I sold my 2002 Camaro SS with 5,600 miles on it...in the fall of 2006.
5600 miles? That would probably be 5000 more miles than the guy that
said he is ONLY driving to car shows. I would say you drove the hell out
of that car compared to him. Seriosly, ONLY to car shows??? I really
don't see the point, but by all means everyone is entitled to do as they please.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tsujin
You're still driving it quite a bit more than he says that he will. You say you drive it whenever the conditions are good and you have a long enough drive to enjoy it. He's saying that he will only drive it to car shows, every once in a great while. I personally want this car so I can have fun driving it, while he wants it more of a collectors item I guess.
I should have been more specific, I was referring to this guy....
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=12
Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 PM

being in the south, I dont understand paying for a car that just gets packed away for the winter either. If I was getting one, I wouldn't drive it everyday exactly, but it would be often.

How many miles has frez racked up on the vette?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 AM

Even after all of our discussions, I don't understand that mindset.

In addition to that, it is my hope that there are tons of 2010 Camaros out on the street building public awareness and interest. GM needs it right now.
i sold my 99 trans am in 2005 with 45k on it. i got it with 15k on it and i put 30 on it in 5 years.

the point is if you are paying this much money for the car, which to some may be alot, then you repespect it and want to keep it in as good of condition as you can. especially if you have another car. then you dont have to drive it in the crappy weather. there is no sense in me driving a camaro in the winter when i have a hummer to get dirty and salty and muddy. why would i want to get my perfrectly new black camaro dirty and then spend hours trying to get the salt off of it and swirl marks out? there just no point in driving it if i dont have to. i have a car for the bad weather (2001 silverado 2500) , car for the daily driving(2007 hummer h2) and the car for the mice days and cruising( 2010 camaro ss). im getting my camaro for the long haul. trust me ill put miles on it. but i want to keep this car looking as good as i can for as long as i can.

Quick Reply: Camaro Safety & Crash Testing...