2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro orders possibly starting on July 4

Old 05-28-2007, 02:13 AM

The 5th Gen message board would be slow indeed if people only posted "facts".

Camarocracy was hoping to get clarification/confirmation/denial about something he heard. That rumor was swiftly squashed by those "in the know" who frequent this board. What's wrong with that? CamaroZ28.com is a wonderful thing isn't it?

I think the real problem is when someone hears something and then tries to pass it off as a "fact".

Last edited by Ron78Z&01SS; 05-28-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Originally Posted by fastball
I hate when people do this: post something they "heard" rather than something they know as fact.
Exactly. Here's one - I heard that Scott is going to get all board members a 50% discount on the new Camaro...........
Old 05-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Disciple

Anyone remember how the Solstice pre-orders tied into "The Apprentice" worked? I wasn't paying any attention at the time.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 AM

I heard the same thing from the dealership where I buy my duallies from. Not just a salesman talking, it came from the owner.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by fastball
I hate when people do this: post something they "heard" rather than something they know as fact.
Going back and reading the original post, I couldn't find where he said what he was told was a "fact"....

Last edited by OutsiderIROC-Z; 05-30-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:44 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Primus
Scott, do you have any feelings about the use of the Camaro in the TF movie? For some reason I get the feeling you are put off by the whole thing.
I'm thrilled that the Camaro is in the TF movie.......while I haven't seen the movie (yet) -- the Camaro is a hero -- how cool is that?????
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 PM

Yeah, and who else is sick of seeing a Mustang as a hero car? It's about time it gets villified.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
Yeah, and who else is sick of seeing a Mustang as a hero car? It's about time it gets villified.
What? Don't you know every ruggedly hansome male police offer who plays by his own rules drives a new Mustang?

And every think for herself knockout woman who takes charge drives a classic Mustang?

Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum
Anyone remember how the Solstice pre-orders tied into "The Apprentice" worked? I wasn't paying any attention at the time.
I remember. That was when I preordered my solstice (which I have since sold). They way it worked was on the Apprentice they gave you a web site to go to and preregister. This was for the chance to own one of the first 1000 production Solstice which had a special VIN plus some other free goodies. That gave you a special number and you were supposed to bring that info to your pontiac dealer on a specific day. I got my number and went to the dealership before they opened. I was the first one there. They were supposed to start taking orders at like noon. They lined us up in the order we got there. They had 4 or 5 terminals set up there to take orders on. I think there was about 10-15 of us there.

At noon everything was golden and the web site was up for them to take orders. About 4 minutes later, before any orders were completed, the whole system slowed to a crawl. After about 25 minutes they finally got the issue cleared up. They were able to take about 6-7 orders before the system told them the first 1000 were sold.

Luckily I was able to get in there. Mine was number 111 of 1000. I was a bit disappointed with the solstice though and ended up selling it a couple of months after I took delivery. I do miss it but it just wasn't the right fit for me. I guess that's what I get for preordering a car I had never sat in.

I can see Chevy doing something like this but I can't believe it would happen this July. Unless the Camaro will be available in January of '08. I can see next July as the solstice program took about 6 months from the apprentice episode to delivery.

Regardless, if it's a similar program I will be doing whatever it takes to get one.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Primus
I remember. .......
Thanks.

How about price? Were you at the dealer's mercy?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 AM

I paid MSRP. GM was very specific that they wanted this vehicle priced *at* MSRP. Obviously GM cannot dictate to dealers but they *strenuously urged* them. I'm not sure exactly what all that meant, aside from me getting the car at MSRP. I know that some dealerships did a markup but most did not.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V

There was the double zero in the Dukes of Hazzard series and movies.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 AM

Well my order is in as soon as GM is willing to take my hard earned cash.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 PM

Just as an FYI.

Mr. Jackson is viewed as an EXCELLENT advertising exec in business. Whether part of his business is automotive remains to be seen.

The fact that he left GM abruptly I am sure has GM a little peeved.

Mr. Jackson has certainly left his mark on General Motors. Honestly...we don't know what type of mark that is he has left.

I just hope GM does not hire the lady that was fired from Wal-Mart for advertising...word has it she gets around.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Josh452
Just as an FYI.

Mr. Jackson is viewed as an EXCELLENT advertising exec in business. Whether part of his business is automotive remains to be seen.

The fact that he left GM abruptly I am sure has GM a little peeved.

Really?

You may want to check your sources on that one........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro orders possibly starting on July 4