2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro images were leaked by toy company.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 PM

Re: Camaro images were leaked by toy company.

Originally Posted by SageofKnight
Couldn't GM watermark each photo with a unique identifier depending on who is getting the photos? This way if they are leaked they can be tracked to the source.
That would be pointless . As you probably saw , it took less than a day for someone to photoshop both sides of the car together as 1 and completely without a trace remove the LS1tech watermark . You'd be amazed at all the things you can do to pictures with Photoshop .
Old 12-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
That would be pointless . As you probably saw , it took less than a day for someone to photoshop both sides of the car together as 1 and completely without a trace remove the LS1tech watermark . You'd be amazed at all the things you can do to pictures with Photoshop .
the pics were around WAY before LS1tech had them, WITHOUT any watermarks, they weren't the first people with them.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:36 PM

A few things I thought about the Camaro Toy idea.

If they send them thoes pictures, I assume that they were sent to the toy makers BEFORE the so called 11th hour redesign. Someone figured afterwords that, "Well since there is a new design coming out, why not just show this picture to a friend of mine that likes Camaros." and thats how the chain started.
As for the Zeta pictuers....I have no answer since most of thoes toy cars have just black bottoms, unless this was to be a detailed car with correct Zeta suspension...and if thats teh case, can we get them AT NAIAS, and RP can you sign mine??
LINE STARTS BEHIND ME *****!!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 PM

I want to know more about this LA car... If there really is going to be one, I'm going again this year. Otherwise I'm not planning on it.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
A few things I thought about the Camaro Toy idea.

If they send them thoes pictures, I assume that they were sent to the toy makers BEFORE the so called 11th hour redesign. Someone figured afterwords that, "Well since there is a new design coming out, why not just show this picture to a friend of mine that likes Camaros." and thats how the chain started.
As for the Zeta pictuers....I have no answer since most of thoes toy cars have just black bottoms, unless this was to be a detailed car with correct Zeta suspension...and if thats teh case, can we get them AT NAIAS, and RP can you sign mine??
LINE STARTS BEHIND ME *****!!

you better be gettin me one too!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z

As for the Zeta pictuers....I have no answer since most of thoes toy cars have just black bottoms, unless this was to be a detailed car with correct Zeta suspension...
Its probably not a toy they are making, it probably a collectible die-cast car more than likely 1/24th or 1/18th scale and those have fully detailed chassis on them. And I will be in line to get one of those too.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:20 PM

Could Scott maybe confirm whether or not there will be a collectible die-cast car of the concept coupe available soon after NAIAS? Regardless of whether there is or not doesn't mean that it was leaked by a toy company (someone could've easilly just used a toy company as the scape goat since they're not "in the automotive business"), but if there IS going to be a diecast car of the concept coupe, I'll have to save some extra cash to purchase one or two.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:16 AM

With a concept like this, I think GM may be releasing a Camaro die-cast 1/18 inch shortly after the debut.

When I went to the C6 debut we all got one. Limited, etc. Although once again the C6 was production, this vehicle is not.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:14 PM

I didn't know concepts ended up as toys 'til I saw a "Belair" concept, GOOD quality, die-cast, over this holiday shopping week...it was a dark red one, very detailed...at first I thought it was just a T-Bird.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
I can guarantee you that "digital watermarks" can be made and that a VERY experienced PhotoChopper (i.e., the developer(s) of PhotoShop) would be hard-pressed to get rid of it.

Any company that experiences several years of negative cash flow (e.g., GM) finds it difficult to spend money on "non-essential" capital items. Hence, the likelihood that such a firm might use off-the-shelf graphics software and not opt for the relevant security software.