2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro images were leaked by toy company.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 PM

Re: Camaro images were leaked by toy company.

delete your post jackass. Scott and Jason have asked time and time again not to post the pics. You're going to be banned soon if you don't.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
delete your post jackass. Scott and Jason have asked time and time again not to post the pics. You're going to be banned soon if you don't.
Thanks for the advice jackass.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Settle down you kiss ***, those pictures are very easy to find. I doubt those pictures were leaked by a toy company. Lets just say I have heard a few stories about these pictures from some very reliable sources of who and whom did not have these pictures before they came out.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:34 PM

How many here are die-cast car collectors? How many here have seen or handled a die-cast cars up close especially 1/18th scale? If yes, then you know the level of detail that goes into these models, including the chassis. I think it could be very well true that these came from a toy/model company. They could have started very early on, before the final changes were made. And if they started this early on, then they must of had some exclusive agreement with GM. If this is all true, then that companies relationship with GM is not very good right now.

What I think might have happened was these photos (leaked photos) were disgraurded by the toy company when they got revised/updated photos from GM. Then they the photos got into the wrong hands, for instance maybe a cleaning person picked them out of the trash?

Hot Wheels had an exclusive with GM to produce the first 1/18th Corvette C6 and Hot Wheels had them on the shelf maybe a month after the C6 was revealed. Same goes for the Z06 earlier this year. Normally it takes the model companies a year to get something new out, unless they get an exclusive on a hot car, for instance Mastio has just recently released their Corvette C6 1/18th scale model over a year later than Hot Wheels.

I just wonder what company it was? My money is on Hot Wheels.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
Settle down you kiss ***, those pictures are very easy to find. I doubt those pictures were leaked by a toy company. Lets just say I have heard a few stories about these pictures from some very reliable sources of who and whom did not have these pictures before they came out.
I'm not a kiss ***, but when the man solely responsible for bringing the Camaro back asks you not to post them, you can give him some respect and not do it. Not to mention the guy who owns this site asking as well, and being blatently disrepected.

As far as the pictures go.....they were floating around for a LONG time before they were posted on LS1TECH and later here. The difference is the people who had them were nicely asked not to post or share them with anyone, and they didn't.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:15 PM

I remember the pic of the Collector Edition that got leaked in April '01. I think it came from Revell. The C/E 'vert with the yellow top taken from a weird LF 3/4 angle. GM was in an uproar, moderators were asked to pull the pic, yada, yada, yada.
Seems like this happens more often than one would think.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

ironically to get pics its easier to just go to an import board than this one.

thats what i did the day they were released, took just a few seconds. asking pictures to not be posted on one website when they are on hundreds of others is like throwing a shotglass worth of water on the great chicago fire.

but its not my rule and i'm not in charge, so whatever

however, i do believe quite a few people seem to have interesting pictures and they're keeping very quiet about it.

Last edited by anasazi; 12-19-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:36 PM

...but when the man solely responsible for bringing the Camaro back asks you not to post them....

Ummm, not quite
Old 12-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
I doubt those pictures were leaked by a toy company. Lets just say I have heard a few stories about these pictures from some very reliable sources of who and whom did not have these pictures before they came out.
I wont give the name , but I know of 1 toy company personally that had that info . So yes it was out and about in that area of the market .
Old 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Ummm, not quite
close enough where you get the point, maybe not solely, but one of the reasons, I'd be willing to say without him, the picture probably wouldn't be so bright.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:21 PM

From the link...

Just thought you might like to here the story behind the pics. All the pics that were leaked on the web are pics that GM released to a toy company so production toys/scale models can be ready for sale shortly after the NAIAS. Someone at the toy co leaked the pics, I've heard the FBI is involved and GM plans to prosecute the person responsible. Expect to see a silver running car at Detroit and a red push car at LA.
what is this "red push" car they're yapping about??
Old 12-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by morb|d
From the link...

It's just what it sounds like...a red version that's just a roller...you gotta' push it around....probably made of foam.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by morb|d

From what I've read, it seams to be a 2nd Camaro Concept to be shown in LA just after the introduction. It won't have an engine and related mechanicals...thus a "push car".
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM

Couldn't GM watermark each photo with a unique identifier depending on who is getting the photos? This way if they are leaked they can be tracked to the source.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
It's just what it sounds like...a red version that's just a roller...you gotta' push it around....probably made of foam.
Originally Posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
From what I've read, it seams to be a 2nd Camaro Concept to be shown in LA just after the introduction. It won't have an engine and related mechanicals...thus a "push car".
right, but RP himself said that there would be no concept at the LA show in the other thread that I started. so...

Quick Reply: Camaro images were leaked by toy company.