2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Oh yea, I forgot about putting in some input:

Make the LS wheels optional for a price reduction on non-RS LT's and SS's. I would like to buy a base car with LS wheels, and then pick up so RS wheels on ebay or something if I want to upgrade.

-Geoff
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 PM

As most everyone else has already mentioned, add a track pack type option and also if possible improve the interior materials. This would fix the majority of grips I have read and heard from others.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by diamondave
Thats seems all good... Too bad I'm sure none of the people I hang with never heard of this, I know more then a hundred guys with GM performance products. And you know what the majority of them have in common?... no computer or constant access to the internet. So all your traveling seems to have been missing some vital costumers, well actaully you've been missing more feedback in a way. I have asked around about this constantly, and no one I knows heres about any kind of workshops or meetings. Our dealerships arent very active around here as well..

Ive attended only one type of manufactures clinic, Imagine if you would my ZL1 sitting next to a crowd of Mustangs? Well I was there with a good friend and he is a Mustang Owner (69 Boss 429,09 500KR), I thought it was cool that they have this every year! Talking about upgrades and performance issues also. I thought to myself that I never once heard of a GM event... yeah sure GM shows... But not a workshop type. And not like the internet web forums, I didnt get chastise for bringing a GM auto there. They actually were very impressed, and made my car a perfect example of performance.

The disciple thing is kinda weird to me, sounds as if your a gang of some type. Not a gang thats into any good, I mean the name doesnt just say "Hi Im a Camaro enthuisist". Rather says "Give me your wallet suka", and where are the leather jackets?.. LOL!

Well Fbodfather its good to see your out there, trying to gather info on the F-Body and all. Maybe you should advertise your visits some other way then the internet, I myself am not on 24hrs a day and 8 days a week.. yeah I said 8... I generally can be found more in the garage then on the web, cause I find it to be sometimes alot of drama and misinformed. Speaking of which I bettrer go back too looking at pictures and such.

Wish I had more time to goto Camaros at Carlisle, and the CamaroFest thing?

Legend?.... I always refered it to the "Poor man's Corvette"

Well - I'm not sure then how we'd reach these 100 people -

You are right - without talking to everyone - we will miss someone's input.

We can't talk to everyone- there simply isn't the time to do so. There is also the law of diminishing returns......

That said: I think it would be difficult to find a manufacturer that has involved their customers more than Chevrolet has with the Camaro.

We call them "disciples" as sort of a joke.......we originally were going to select a dozen people with three alternatives in case one or more could not make the meetings for whatever reason. We then said "what the heck - let's include the alternates as well" -- and I'm not exactly sure WHO called them disciples -- but they became "The twelve disciples of which there are 15"

As to "Legend" -- that's how many people see the Camaro........

As to a "poor man's Corvette" -- maybe not so much. We have those who can afford a Corvette - or a Corvette for every day of the year - but they want a Camaro because it's a Camaro...........

Last edited by Fbodfather; 03-01-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 PM

Thats seems all good... Too bad I'm sure none of the people I hang with never heard of this, I know more then a hundred guys with GM performance products. And you know what the majority of them have in common?... no computer or constant access to the internet. So all your traveling seems to have been missing some vital costumers, well actaully you've been missing more feedback in a way. I have asked around about this constantly, and no one I knows heres about any kind of workshops or meetings. Our dealerships arent very active around here as well..
You could act as a very important ambassador to your pals who are GM performance fans regarding the wisdom of following the internet as GM does follow the net as well as racing fans at racing venues, car shows, and enthusiast events.

One can certainly enjoy their passions without following the internet, but I will tell you something which is very true... The internet is a great place to learn and teach others. If it wasn't valid to a degree you would likely not have left the garage to log on.

I've attended only one type of manufactures clinic, Imagine if you would my ZL1 sitting next to a crowd of Mustangs? Well I was there with a good friend and he is a Mustang Owner (69 Boss 429,09 500KR), I thought it was cool that they have this every year.Talking about upgrades and performance issues also. I thought to myself that I never once heard of a GM event... yeah sure GM shows... But not a workshop type. And not like the inso I web forums, I didnt get chastise for bringing a GM auto there. They actually were very impressed, and made my car a perfect example of performance.
Well, GM can always do more and do better, but I have to suggest that there are lots of events that GM sponsors, cosponsors, or makes themselves available to interact and hear their fans. Might I also mention that there are many outreaches to grassroots racers as well as pro level hardcore interactions.

I accept that you might be surprised that such things actually take place, but they do. I believe that GM understands that not everyone can make it to such events, but maybe you can understand that folks that CAN and DO make the time deserve consideration too.

The disciple thing is kinda weird to me, sounds as if your a gang of some type. Not a gang thats into any good, I mean the name doesnt just say "Hi Im a Camaro enthuisist". Rather says "Give me your wallet suka", and where are the leather jackets?.. LOL!
Too bad you have that as the impression you have chosen, as it's mistaken.
I know numerous present and former GM employees, who also raced and were engineers, that attend events large and small, to share their enthusiasm and knowledge.

Well Fbodfather its good to see your out there, trying to gather info on the F-Body and all. Maybe you should advertise your visits some other way then the internet, I myself am not on 24hrs a day and 8 days a week.. yeah I said 8... I generally can be found more in the garage then on the web, cause I find it to be sometimes alot of drama and misinformed.
I respect anyone willing to turn wrenches as a passion.

Maybe you can suggest why your voice is important to a wide range of the Camaro community,

As you feel GM is not involvong you and other GM believers like you, how would you suggest we reach out to people that are in their own garage, as you say, 8 days a week?

Believe me, it's a serious question.

People that would actually take your suggestions forward are asking for them.

I'm unsure what simply voicing distrust in the offer can do for your efforts as opposed to solid requests that might better serve your desires.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 03-02-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:38 PM

I will be thinking long and hard about ideas to input, but one write now off the top of my head (not sure if already mentioned);

I would consider buying a V6 Camaro (which would be easier for me to afford), but I want to have the same front facia as the SS. I want it to be from the factory, not something I would have to do after getting the car. I know it is minor, and it helps to set the SS apart from the V6, but you can get a V6 Mustang that looks the same as a V8 and in years past of Camaro, the V6 and V8 cars looked the same.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
As you feel GM is not involving you and other GM believers like you, how would you suggest we reach out to people that are in their own garage, as you say, 8 days a week?

Believe me, it's a serious question.

People that would actually take your suggestions forward are asking for them.
Quoted for awesome truth.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Thats seems all good... Too bad I'm sure none of the people I hang with never heard of this, I know more then a hundred guys with GM performance products. blah blah blah
So in all your ranting you provided ZERO feedback of things you think should be changed/improved. You also managed to pass along ZERO ideas from 100 of your friends.

At least when I complain I offer an alternative idea/suggestion.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Maybe they can figure out a way so that the 5 taps self-diagnosis thing that my Camaro has going on will no longer be there on future cars. It sounds like my car is broken every morning when I start my drive to work...I know it's not but it still annoys me and nothing in a new car should ever annoy the driver.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by zq8colorado04
Maybe they can figure out a way so that the 5 taps self-diagnosis thing that my Camaro has going on will no longer be there on future cars.

What on earth are you talking about? What is a 5 taps self-diagnosis thing? Please explain.
I get in our 2010, turn the key, put it in gear and drive away. Maybe you need to have something checked out by the service dept. at the dealership.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
What on earth are you talking about? What is a 5 taps self-diagnosis thing? Please explain.
I get in our 2010, turn the key, put it in gear and drive away. Maybe you need to have something checked out by the service dept. at the dealership.

A few minutes after driving (usually at a red light) you can hear 5 taps which sound like they're coming from the trunk...followed by a noise...it almost sounds like something in the car is settling.

The people over at Camaro5 say that it is the fuel pump running a self-diagnosis...it's not awful but it does bug me...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Maybe you can suggest why your voice is important to a wide range of the Camaro community,
Believe it or not, I dont nor have I ever stated this. I would however think you guys who spend alot of time on here, should concider all the "Members" of this forum to be equally important. I myself do not concider myself to be important to this community, I have never went to any of your meets... which is Im sure very important. Im just a "Lurker".

As far as my aquaintances are concerned, they are people Ive met in passing. Mostly those who Ive worked for or with, and found a simular passion for cars. All makes mind you, no one bashes another for the brand that they choose. On all... yes I mean ALL forums related to the automotive genre choose to bash those who do and those who they determine to be... less then the status quoe. Where I publically hangout, we all actually get along. And most if not all that I know feel the internet is just plain drama. Like this for example.

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
So in all your ranting you provided ZERO feedback of things you think should be changed/improved. You also managed to pass along ZERO ideas from 100 of your friends.
See this gentalman either doesnt know how to comprehend, or he just doesnt read well. As I stated in an earlier post Aaron91RS.... Price is my one thing I see a problem with the 5th Gen Camaro (I should have gotten my V6 for 15K.. not 23K), other then that I could say why 300hp for the V6? why not 350? there I said it. And as far as my "100 friends" they think its a heavy slow piece of ****... And think that GM rushed into it because of thier pending bailout to save face. I actually concure with these setiments because the 5th Gen I own isnt fast, V6 with 300Hp should be doing alot better then what it does... My 93 LT1 could easily beat the pants off it (It too has 300... well maybe 290Hp)...But Im a Camaro Fan. As far as the later... I dont care about politics.

As for the "Poor man's Corvette" thing... Ive been saying that for years, Ive own some Corvette's in my time. But dollar for dollar... the Camaro was a lil bit better in the wallet. "A person who can't make a Camaro perform like a Corvette needs some help achieving this" My shop teacher in HS, Ive been doing this for years.

Last edited by diamondave; 03-03-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Believe it or not, I dont nor have I ever stated this. I would however think you guys who spend alot of time on here, should concider all the "Members" of this forum to be equally important. I myself do not concider myself to be important to this community, I have never went to any of your meets... which is Im sure very important. Im just a "Lurker".

As far as my aquaintances are concerned, they are people Ive met in passing. Mostly those who Ive worked for or with, and found a simular passion for cars. All makes mind you, no one bashes another for the brand that they choose. On all... yes I mean ALL forums related to the automotive genre choose to bash those who do and those who they determine to be... less then the staus que. Where I publically hangout, we all actually get along. And most if not all that I know feel the internet is just plain drama. Like this for example.

See this gentalman either doesnt know how to comprehend, or he just doesnt read well. As I stated in an earlier post Aaron91RS.... Price is my one thing I see a problem with the 5th Gen Camaro (I should have gotten my V6 for 15K.. not 23K), other then that I could say why 300hp for the V6? why not 350? there I said it. And as far as my "100 friends" they think its a heavy slow piece of ****... And think that GM rushed into it because of thier pending bailout to save face. I actually concure with these setiments because the 5th Gen I own isnt fast, V6 with 300Hp should be doing alot better then what it does... My 93 LT1 could easily beat the pants off it (It too has 300... well maybe 290Hp)...But Im a Camaro Fan. As far as the later... I dont care about politics.

As for the "Poor man's Corvette" thing... Ive been saying that for years, Ive own some Corvette's in my time. But for dollar to dollar... the Camaro was a lil bit better in the wallet. "A person who can't make a Camaro perform like a Corvette needs some help achieving this" My shop teacher in HS, Ive been doing this for years.

You think you should get a 350hp V6 for $15,000...you can barely get into an Aveo for that
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Used SS's are going for some 10K below book Used... why not the V6's for 15? thats still 8K under... now 13K would be more like it for a used one. Dont believe me... look up the value of your car in the trade in value, you wont like what you see.

I said I think they shoulod have been rated at 350, rather then 300. Im sure actual is lower though.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Used SS's are going for some 10K below book Used... why not the V6's for 15? thats still 8K under... now 13K would be more like it for a used one. Dont believe me... look up the value of your car in the trade in value, you wont like what you see.
So you want Camaro to have poor resale value on the V6 cars, to match the V8 cars? That seems backwards.

Also, I think you have to admit that GM should be prioritizing the input from people who would buy one new over those who would wait and buy one used.

I said I think they shoulod have been rated at 350, rather then 300. Im sure actual is lower though.
Are you asking them to lie about the horsepower, or are you having a hard time saying you think it should be more powerful?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
So you want Camaro to have poor resale value on the V6 cars, to match the V8 cars? That seems backwards
Wouldnt it seem at least intellegent to say... it isnt?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!