2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I want more visibility, and I'd be willing to sacrifice the chopped look to get it. Chopped looks great, but so do lots of other looks. Camaro is supposed to be a driver's car, and poor visibility puts almost as much a damper on that as too much weight does.
Originally Posted by teal98
I have seen others ask for it and asked for it myself.

It's impossible to please everybody
My fault! thought it might have been a misunderstanding of my post hoping to lower the beltline as to where to make the car smaller.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM

Talking

well you know what I think by now....IMHO the most unique part of the styling is the tight chopped look...take that away and well....lets go buy some impalas...Coffin?? ...fastest coffin in Toronto...when I go I hope they lower my baby down with me....drive it...set the mirrors up...sounds silly but I can almost do NO shoulder checks...play with the mirrors a bit...you will see....Pleeeeeeaaaasssse Chevy dont screw with the look....
Old 04-21-2010, 09:09 PM

Id like to see some more styling queues put on the RS package to make it more noticeable.

Id also like to see painted XM fins to be body color (or put it somewhere else?)

Heated Seats / Mirrors - are these really necessary?

As some others said, have a nice Blue available for folks. ABM would been fine if it had been marketed right but it wasnt...
Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 AM

Continuous improvement needed

My suggestions:
  1. Intelligently reduce weight: carbon fiber Dr shaft, front stamped steel frame is retro to Australia not USA, carbon fiber hood, lighter wheels, etc.
  2. Slightly improve the visability without hurting the looks...-it can be done elegantly
  3. Work with Apple engrs to outfit the electronics or, perhaps challange Google
  4. Change suppliers for the seats and dash
  5. Simplify and lighten brakes
  6. Integrate the best after-market ideas into production
  7. Improve driver's seating position
Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 AM

How about an all tan interior.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by HuJass
How about an all tan interior.
This is an idea I totally agree with.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:56 AM

A red leather option would be nice too.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Fix the Heel toe set up with the pedals
Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 AM

Jetstream Blue

Please, Please, Please GM Jetstream Blue. Did I say please

Making my mind up on one of the colors they have now, wow
are all great but Jetstream Blue would be the one and only.

GM, Can you hear me now???
Old 05-07-2010, 03:06 PM

Eliminate the big brother package (i.e. get rid of of the Electronic Data Recorder and the On Star unit). This will save weight and cost. It will also ensure privacy of your personal information. At a minimum, provide instructions how to deactivate or disable. Nothing good can come from these intrusive devices.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by SweetZRag
Eliminate the big brother package (i.e. get rid of of the Electronic Data Recorder and the On Star unit). This will save weight and cost. It will also ensure privacy of your personal information. At a minimum, provide instructions how to deactivate or disable. Nothing good can come from these intrusive devices.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
I think EDR is mandatory by law for 2012 MY. They'll probably make it against the law to alter, tamper, remove, deactivate, disable, or render ineffective as well.
I bet it will have more data recording power when it finally drops. Especially in the wake of the Toyota debacle.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SweetZRag
Nothing good can come from these intrusive devices.
I get the privacy concern, but do you really not see any benefit whatsoever?

Throughout your life and the lives of all of your friends and loved ones, I'll bet at least one of the following scenarios has occurred:

1. Vehicular accident in which driver (and passengers, if any) are rendered unconscious
2. Keys locked in car
3. Can't remember where you parked
4. Cell phone dead or no signal available, and you need to make a call

In all of those cases, OnStar can help. Personally, I'm a happy OnStar subscriber with plans to renew every year for the foreseeable future.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I get the privacy concern, but do you really not see any benefit whatsoever?

Throughout your life and the lives of all of your friends and loved ones, I'll bet at least one of the following scenarios has occurred:

1. Vehicular accident in which driver (and passengers, if any) are rendered unconscious
2. Keys locked in car
3. Can't remember where you parked
4. Cell phone dead or no signal available, and you need to make a call

In all of those cases, OnStar can help. Personally, I'm a happy OnStar subscriber with plans to renew every year for the foreseeable future.
I don't mean to take this thread on a tangent but 2, 3 & 4 have never happened to me and if you use a remote alarm key fob, they can't. If GM had your best interest at heart, they would enable the system to use your mobile phone (via bluetooth) instead of forcing you to purchase a redundant subscription to OnStar. I don't need 2 cell phone services.

The likely hood of having an accident where several people don't quickly see it and call for help for you is too remote to make this service worth the price where most people live. At a minimum it should be an option, not standard, for those who live in remote areas where there might be a little value.

This is like purchasing an extended warranty. For one in a thousand it is worth it but not for most. And even if it was, why not give me an off switch so I can protect my privacy.

I know a guy who had a minor fender bender with another guy. They were both at fault and neither wanted to involve the police. But guess what, too late. OnStar already called the police. No thanks. I'll make that decision. And how will you feel when your insurance carrier starts using the data about your driving style to increase your rates?

The loss of privacy far outweighs any possible benefit of this system. I want the choice to disable or not pay for the hardware at all. If they used the EDR to display real service diagnostic information on the dashboard, I might even see a little value. This is one of the major reasons I have not bought the new Camaro, or any car for that matter. As soon as someone publishes a reliable way to disable the memory in the EDR, I'll be in the market. But not before.

Not to get political, but now the government is implying that the EDR provides the ability to implement an emergency throttle override for cases like the Toyota. That is just a smokescreen to get people to give up their privacy. A PCM system does not require the ability to record data to perform a stuck throttle override.

This equipment does not belong in a muscle car.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ed 2001 SS
This is an idea I totally agree with.

ABSOLUTELY! Enough of copying the asian interior model!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by JB22
Id like to see some more styling queues put on the RS package to make it more noticeable.

Id also like to see painted XM fins to be body color (or put it somewhere else?)

Heated Seats / Mirrors - are these really necessary?

As some others said, have a nice Blue available for folks. ABM would been fine if it had been marketed right but it wasnt...

I agree. I believe that the Corvette has it's antenna integrated into the rear-view mirror. The car look so nice and it just throws off the look in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!