2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Concept at the NAIAS show

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 10:50 AM

Talking Camaro Concept at the NAIAS show

Well I went to the show yesterday the 14th and I harldly look at anything else. I was kind of funny but yet a little weird because I was answering question about the Camaro concept when people asked me. I felt like I worked for GM for the couple of mins. LOL. The next car I really wanted to see was the Challenger. I did not like it at all compared to the Camaro. When the Hottie with big . Blanks. was giving her presentation if felt like I had to defend the Camaro because she was talking like the concept was the biggest and next great thing. . . I reminded people that there is only one concept car at the show that has won 3 awards. . Here is the reason for my topic. At the show the GM people ponded the word CONCEPT down our throat, but.... at the Chevy information desk they had the Camaro posters I started thinking well why would GM spend so much money on this piece of lit. if this was only a CONCEPT car. I grew a little spectical, so I walked back over to see the Dodge concept and guess what not a poster in sight. Well am I reading between the lines a little to much . . . I think not.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:08 AM

Re: Camaro Concept at the NAIAS show

You are not reading to much there. On the other hand I do think for the Dodge fans their new car will be a big hit to them. Theirs is retro and is a good looking car, why because the Challenger back then was the best looking body they had ever made so I think they will do ok with this one. I am GM to the bone but I will give the devil his due. Hats off to all of the big 3 for keeping American muscle alive. Go Camaro
Old 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM
dz

Camaro Poster ?? Do they still have it there? I didn't see it!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by dz
Camaro Poster ?? Do they still have it there? I didn't see it!
Man I grabbed like 30. I put one up at work and my managers were talking about it. My intent was decoration but if generates buzz then awesome because we do tons of installs at Best Buy for Car Audio so many will see it. A customer even came up to the window while I had it open to ask about it. I'm sure there'll be posters there for the remainder of the show, they're at the Chevy info quiosk.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
dz

I am heading back there in 20 minutes, so I am grabbing a handful.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:45 PM

After looking at both cars yesterday, the Camaro has such an incredible presence in person compared to the Challenger. In pics, they may be comparable, but in person, they are worlds apart.

It has been mentioned, but the Challenger really is a large car.

The Camaro, on the other hand looks mean. I thought that the Z06 was cool, but it looked slightly boring compared to the Camaro
Old 01-15-2006, 03:29 PM

Words and pics do the car no justice...I just got back from the show and the Camaro looks SOOO much better in person!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:08 PM
dz

Yaa, I definitely grabbed a good 30 posters. I'll get the official count and then I'll see about mailing out some posters to the people that couldn't make it to the show.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by dz
Yaa, I definitely grabbed a good 30 posters. I'll get the official count and then I'll see about mailing out some posters to the people that couldn't make it to the show.
Wow! I'd be willing to pay you for the poster, if you have enough left where you might be willing to mail me one.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dwalker1
After looking at both cars yesterday, the Camaro has such an incredible presence in person compared to the Challenger. In pics, they may be comparable, but in person, they are worlds apart.

It has been mentioned, but the Challenger really is a large car.

The Camaro, on the other hand looks mean. I thought that the Z06 was cool, but it looked slightly boring compared to the Camaro
I'm not gonna say the Z06 is "boring" compared to the Camaro, BUT, did everyone notice the HUGE crowd around the Camaro compared to the Z06???

Gee, you could walk right up to the Z06 and SIT IN IT, while just to SEE the CAMARO took squeezing your way through a ~5 - 6 person deep circle all the way around!!! I think somebody stole the show???

...oh, and the Challenger? Yes, it drew a crowd. Yes, it's a nice looking car. Yes, it compares to Camaro. The Camaro is better ... that's how it compares!

I managed to grab a few of those posters ..... got one up already on my bedroom wall!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by dz
If I could get one I'd pay you for it.