2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Which needs re-working?
Rear fascia/tail lights
20.29%
Front fascia
41.30%
Greenhouse
5.07%
Nothing. It's PERFECT.
33.33%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Re: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

When I first saw it I was a bit miffed that my dual round tail lights wern't there but I'm comming around to whats there, everytime I look at that car I get happier and happier, I'm loving it! I think the exterior is perfect! I wouldn't change a thing! I even like how wide it is! Can anyone say "Return of the Hugger!" ???
Old 01-13-2006, 03:07 PM

Re: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

If I had to pick one easy to change specific thing , it'd be the grille insert itself, if I could be broader, I'd like to see a new front clip... I would expect a similar theme so it wouldn't clash with the rest of the car, but just a nicer execution of the theme.

Some of the photoshops floating around look nicer, IMHO.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
i may be in the minority around here, but i really wouldn't change a thing.

as for the width, that's a different story
Ditto.

I didn't like the rear lights at first, but they've grown on me.

The front facia is perfect IMO. I wouldn't change it at all.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 PM

I Voted I like it just as is and give them room to make changes down the years. Got to start somewhere
Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 PM

I voted front facia, although it isn't that bad. Like texcamaro said, it's a bit smiley, having said that, I still think it is the meanest looking front end I've seen in quite a while. Straighten it out a bit and it would be killer.

I really like the rear, although I'd like to get rid of the pointed boat-tail look of the rear. A little more straight across would make the side profile look better/shorter. The dead on rear shot is awesome. The picture of the rear that Doug Hardin took is my wall paper

But if they left it pretty much as is I really wouldn't complain.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 PM

The only thing I'd change is the width.

In pictures, the roof looks too squared and the C pillars look too large, but in person it seems to work.

I'm just glad they didn't put that dastardly Chevy chrome bar in the grille... something the earlier versions had according to some people.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 PM

The more I see it, the more I love it. So I voted perfect.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I'm just glad they didn't put that dastardly Chevy chrome bar in the grille... something the earlier versions had according to some people.
Yeah, it would have been the sux0rz if they did.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:16 PM

I really love the front end, I think its execution is alot better than just fully retroizing it and just making it square. I like that the front end has shape in it. At first I didnt like the rear as much, but i think some minor tweaks could get it looking great. Only thing I think that could be changed on the front is the grill pattern.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroBoy96Z28
My favorite part of the car is the rear. Hopefully that wont change much if at all. I voted for the front fascia to be reworked a little. I mean come on, the Camaro emblem isnt there.
By not having the camaro emblem their going with bowtie 1st gen design, though I wish it was blue the way mine is

Thats it, I would change the bowtie to blue the way it is on my 69 (Awesome) 69 camaro spoiler. And if the green house was choped for the concept for effect, make it realistic. Thats it. I am happy with what they have. I want to see the width. Id like to know how it compares to a C5. Those were wide cars...
Old 01-13-2006, 11:40 PM

Yea they need to do something different with the exhaust. Not a fan of how big it is. I kinda like the lights cuz of the "afterburner" effect so I would leave those alone.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Disciple

I don't like the gold bowtie at all. I think of trucks when I see it. The cars should stick with a smaller, blue or red bowtie.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:25 PM

I didnt vote . There wasnt a choice for my thoughts . I think the looks is perfect and wanted to vote nothing , leave as is . But , thats not true . Leave the body as is , but .....get the width down to a more realistic 73-74 inches . I think it will alone make the car look much smaller . As well as more realistic wheel sizes , like a 18" wheels . Im really not worried about the Camaros size at all now , the only thing I have beef with is the width .

The decklid and rear will obviously have to change somewhat . It is so high , I really dont see how u get a good sight out the rear window at all . I bet you see the rear deck arch down a bit more that the concept . As well as the decklid itself . GM would be CRUCIFIED if they left the trunk as is , only as a panel that opened from the top . So , working the opening decklid into the rear facia and tailight area is gonna make some changes as well .

I really hope , PLEASE , keep the front end design . The set back in blacked out projector headlights with the Halo's just looks menecing as hell . There will be 10 million grills on the aftermarket , so Im not worried about that . I happen to think the eggcrate look goes well with the front .

One last detail bit , I really do think the Camaro , like the Corvette , should be immune to corprate detail . I would hope to see that huge gold bowtie shrink and be incorporated into a new contempory red/white and blue camaro logo . Its as much a part of the Camaro as the cross flags are to the Corvette . How about seeing that Camaro logo in the wheel center caps too , and on the steering wheel ....remember , all those logo's still have bowties in them

Last edited by 90 Z28SS; 01-15-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:47 PM

The front end, with minor tweaks, mated to the entire concept car would make for a fantastic Pontiac Firebird!

But for the Chevy, I'm just not seeing enough Camaro in the front fascia (although it looks pretty darn nice).
Old 01-15-2006, 07:16 PM

Most of the new car has "grown on me". I'd like an RS option grille with hideaway headlights. Even without that, though...I just can't get past that vent/scoop opening in front of the hood. I'm really hoping that doesn't make production.

Frank

Quick Reply: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?