2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which needs re-working?
Rear fascia/tail lights
20.29%
Front fascia
41.30%
Greenhouse
5.07%
Nothing. It's PERFECT.
33.33%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 AM

Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

I think we have some consensus on the interior. This is just for the exterior.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:40 AM

Re: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

i may be in the minority around here, but i really wouldn't change a thing.

as for the width, that's a different story
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM

Re: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?

Yup - the rear.. talights (though the afterburner look inside the housing is cool) need work and the chrome bright work around the exhausts has to go. Have the exhaust poking through without the trim rings or notch the bottom of the rear fascia just like a Stang.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:44 AM

Damn it, I voted for the wrong one. I wanted to vote for "Front Facia" but hit rear facia instead.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM

Hmmm......

I'd have to say the grill. I like the idea of it, but not the execution. I want to see it narrower, maybe more separated from the headlights, and I want a red Bowtie instead of that God awful gold.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Marcus
Yup - the rear.. talights (though the afterburner look inside the housing is cool) need work and the chrome bright work around the exhausts has to go. Have the exhaust poking through without the trim rings or notch the bottom of the rear fascia just like a Stang.
I agree. I'd also like to see the front end that gumbydammit described in the sticky thread.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Well since the Green House isn't going to change due to regulations I am not even going to consider that as an option... Wouldn't have voted for it anyways b/c I like it!!!

Voted for the rear facia. The front is great IMO, and just needs MINOR work to it for production looks, but the rear needs a little more. Its not bad, and its really growing on me, but that god awful exhaust exit and bumper molding is terrible. I don't mind the lights anymore, but that exhaust exit has to be changed. I am a hideaway exhaust guy though. I'd rather they run the bumper all the way down, and have hideaway tips. If they are going to incorporate the bumper and exhaust together, i'd love to see it exit through the bumper if at all possible. Maybe someone can photoshop what that would look like
Old 01-13-2006, 11:17 AM

I love the way the car looks, personaly the only thing I'd do to it is get the old school RS headlight covers and a nice ducktail spolier. Then I wouldn't touch the appearance of it!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM

The lights are too corvetteish. How about two tail lights that always had the classic red/amber lights?

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM

I voted the front facia..
The rear looks pretty modern, maybe two larger single tail-lights would look better, but I can live with it. Just wonder how the "back-up" lights will work?
But, the front facia and grille is too close to the originals, making it feel retro.
They can still keep general shaping, but use more modern detail cues in the grille and logo and lights etc., that to me, will break the "retro" feeling people are getting about the car.(minus the interior.. ) Heck, why not incorporate the Camaro red/white/blue badge in the front too.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by DrewSG
The lights are too corvetteish. How about two tail lights that always had the classic red/amber lights?

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.
Bring back the old school Blue Dot Tails!!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:19 PM

I put greenhouse. I think it is too long, which is partly due to the mile long doors.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:15 PM

I voted it was perfect, but i just wonder about the blindspots from the c pillars. those are prtty big
Old 01-13-2006, 02:00 PM

My favorite part of the car is the rear. Hopefully that wont change much if at all. I voted for the front fascia to be reworked a little. I mean come on, the Camaro emblem isnt there.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM

That big "smiley" grille just drives me nuts! Too wide and way too much angle up. The chops I have seen that made the grille more horizontal and narrower look much meaner and sleeker. The grill is just way out of proportion to the rest of the car.
I am beginning to accept the rear, but I don't care for the "Corvette Corner" on the quarter panel.
But, all in all, I can't wait to buy one.

Quick Reply: Which Camaro concept exterior styling element needs to be reworked the most?