2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro coming to the UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM

Talking When can we order the Camaro in the UK for the UK?

I have been a huge fan of the american muscle car for many years in all it's shapes and forms, and only now has there been the possibility of getting a right hand drive version to launch in the UK, and what a bonus it comes in the fantastic shape of the awesome Camaro.

Please can someone help feed my anticipation by helping me get an answer to the following question.

"Does anyone have any idea when we here in the UK will be able to order the new Camaro?"

I have been searching the web to find a hint as I know the Chevrolet bosses have given a strong indication that it will be in the next 12 to 18 months, and I am Very keen to get my name down for a 2SS with the RS pack.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited by reidms; 10-15-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Title to make more sense
Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 AM

For those of you interested I got this update from another Camaro forum;

The UK get the Camaro around March/May 2010 in RHD. When we can order... no one knows. It may yet be canned since GM is not doing so well in the US - the Camaro has to sell well in LHD before we're secure.

Also, we won't get the full list of specs to order. I'm told it'll probably only be the SS and even then, the 2SS/RS only. Why? It won't sell here so they'll do as they have with the Monaro and VXR8 - just offer the top dog with a nice big price tag.

The ONLY bit of good news I can find - I've been told by more than one person that it is supposed to be "under £30k". Do I believe that? No.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone has any comments then please post them.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb

Thanks for the update! I would like to clarify that those who just had a heart attack...

Originally Posted by reidms
It may yet be canned since GM is not doing so well in the US - the Camaro has to sell well in LHD before we're secure.
In case anyone read it wrong, the Camaro is very very unlikely to be canned totally, there is more to lose by doing that than completing it and selling the car. I am thinking that they are referring to the Camaro being canned for the UK, but I am not thinking that is as likely as it may seem.

I have a hard time believing the possibility of not making it abroad since it was meant to be a "global" vehicle. I suppose it could be truthful eventually, but I wouldn't get too worried just yet.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck to all of us on that. We'll see how it progresses. Post more updates as you hear them!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Alot will depend on the next year in GM as a whole. There are some tough months ahead for them no doubt.

The important thing is RHD was an engineering requirement when initial designs were done. It wont take a major redo to make it happen.