2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Advertising/Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:26 PM

Camaro Advertising/Challenger

First a general?Anyone know the cost to do a Camaro commercial or a Challenger one.We better hope that GM has a lot of ads on tv b/c the 4th Gen. was severly lacking and please get some car/camaro enthusiasts involvedI would think that the camaro members on this board would be happy to have some say and save GM a hell of lot money as wellDodge is also lacking in this regard as they used to have those 2 guys in the HEMI ads but ads of Challenger on tv. are nil.I,ve just about had all i can stand of hybrids/crosstalkers(whatever lol) and stupid Suburu Imprezza(yes that one grinding it,s tires to sh**t)to last a couple lifetimesBasically i hope we start seeing some exciting ads & many slots on tv.Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations,feeling better already!
Old 03-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Lol, I know what you mean. I want to see some Camaro ads or even Challenger ads.

It would be nice to see the American muscle cars get some TV love.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:45 PM

A lot of us on this board will know about the 2010 Camaro but they have to get more ordinary folks knowing Camaro is back and what it has/represents,etc.And now that were on this retro theme let,s tie in old vs new;just show some imagination!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Chrysler has spent very little on advertizing the Challenger, the public knows the company is in trouble, but it's still selling at very impressive numbers.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Mustang or a Corvette ad.

Camaro will do very well with or without an ad.

GM can save their money for other things.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Chrysler has spent very little on advertizing the Challenger, the public knows the company is in trouble, but it's still selling at very impressive numbers.

Agreed, but I can't tell you the number of people that I've personally told about the new Camaro for the first time. It's like they've been living under a rock for the last ten years. They throw up their hands and say things like "what?! theres a new Camaro coming out?"

I've also gotten quite a few responses from people who are confusing the Challenger with the new Camaro. For some reason, they say they look alike. I can't see it though.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
Agreed, but I can't tell you the number of people that I've personally told about the new Camaro for the first time. It's like they've been living under a rock for the last ten years. They throw up their hands and say things like "what?! theres a new Camaro coming out?"

I've also gotten quite a few responses from people who are confusing the Challenger with the new Camaro. For some reason, they say they look alike. I can't see it though.
Give it a few months after sold customer orders are on the road and the ordinary people (not us enthusiasts) start seeing them...there is your advertising and saves GM all that money that they need to just stay around.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Transformers 2 comes out in July ...

..... there's some advertising for you .
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Transformers 2 comes out in July ...

..... there's some advertising for you .
Thats true, after the first transformers movie, there was alot of hype about the camaro.... but still I don't think enough people, who could be potential buyers, know about the camaro.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Disciple

The backlog of orders is deep enough right now that they don't need to advertise. Once the first cars are on the street, it'll do its own advertising.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by guionM

I agree completely. I love the car but I would worry more about something people arent lining up to buy...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 AM

Chevy should put together a couple of theatrical ads like the Lexus IS-F ads. That would be pretty cool!

As far as content of an ad is concerned, it would be pretty kick *** to have a camera team take the Camaro SS and RS around the country showing it driving on highways and local city streets, getting actual motorist and pedestrian reactions to the cars recorded and set it to some Bruce Springsteen, Born in the USA, or the like!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:03 PM

the biggest camaro add ever has already been out..... havent you seen transformers? lol
My girl friend and i watched that movie last week, her first time seeing it.

She had never seen the car before and was amazed by it.

Transformers 2 is coming out soon right?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meatyshells
the biggest camaro add ever has already been out..... havent you seen transformers? lol
My girl friend and i watched that movie last week, her first time seeing it.

She had never seen the car before and was amazed by it.

Transformers 2 is coming out soon right?
Actually it was the GM 2008-2010 product rollout video!

And look for the Z28 Camaro in Transformers 2!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
I've gotten some of that from people I've talked to. Some of them are 'friends' who know it'll kinda tick me off. But about all of them are people who are not typical 'car' people, 'in the know', so to speak. But as someone mentioned, wait till they get out on the road, them with the Challengers and the Mustangs. THEN people will start to notice the differences.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:00 AM

Hey....BumbleBee has my bowtie. I was wondering how it would look on a black car with the red SS emblems. I think I'm going to like it.

Quick Reply: Camaro Advertising/Challenger