2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks. Its still pretty tough for me to tell what exactly is covered in CF. It looks like the piping and maybe around the center gauges/ shifter.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

I think this is close to what the blade spoiler looks like.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by montecarlofan
https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...g2_itemId=1143

it was stated all along that the HUD and the rear-park assist would BOTH be put into production at the same time starting 12/09. need more proof?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...&highlight=HUD

go to post #6.

Next time before u come in here thinking u know everything, make sure u do b4 u act like u do.

PS: i WILL go ahead and KEEP calling it RIDICULOUS

PPS: if the car comes out 2/09, and PREVIOUSLY, the car wasn't going to start to have HUD put in it for orders until 12/09, that makes it 10 months. if i ordered the car 12/09, i would likely get it 2/10. that makes it 1 full year. now having to wait until 6/10 to order the car with it, that makes it about 1 year 9 months by the time the car would arrive at the dealership, nearly 2 years longer than what it should have been.

again, if the development costs are that bad for HUD (which is pathetic), than stop making crap cars that no1 cares about, like the aveo or HHR (that car was 8 years to late to the dance).
Wow your infinite knowlege says that the aveo and hhr are useless to GM.. I think you need to get your facts strait...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Next time before u come in here thinking u know everything, make sure u do b4 u act like u do.
Wise advice.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM

Need more pictures of this "blade" spoiler. Are the turn signals still in the same place with that grill?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
Wow your infinite knowlege says that the aveo and hhr are useless to GM.. I think you need to get your facts strait...
oh really? because there are SO many aveo's and HHR's on the roads right now right?

but if i am wrong, i will be the 1st to admit it. enlighten me and prove me wrong.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:05 PM

i thought i posted the close up of the spoiler oh well here ya go sorry it's all I have none of the ones their had 1

Name:  DSC00074.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  59.4 KB
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 PM

Hmmm, thanks. Reminds me of the 1st/2nd/3rd Gen spoiler more. Very interested in that and the grill.

To the poster above, the Camaro will have dual exhaust.

Last edited by IZ28; 09-23-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 PM

oh really? because there are SO many aveo's and HHR's on the roads right now right?

but if i am wrong, i will be the 1st to admit it. enlighten me and prove me wrong.
For the last full year of sales (2007)

105,175 HHRs
67,028 Aveos

For 2008 to date both are holding within 1.5% of last years sales.

I'd say they're doing pretty well.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM

https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...g2_itemid=1143

it was stated all along that the hud and the rear-park assist would both be put into production at the same time starting 12/09. Need more proof?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...&highlight=hud

go to post #6.

Ps: I will go ahead and keep calling it ridiculous

pps: If the car comes out 2/09, and previously, the car wasn't going to start to have hud put in it for orders until 12/09, that makes it 10 months. If i ordered the car 12/09, i would likely get it 2/10. That makes it 1 full year. Now having to wait until 6/10 to order the car with it, that makes it about 1 year 9 months by the time the car would arrive at the dealership, nearly 2 years longer than what it should have been.

Again, if the development costs are that bad for hud (which is pathetic), than stop making crap cars that no1 cares about, like the aveo or hhr (that car was 8 years to late to the dance).
+ 1
Old 09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...g2_itemId=1143

it was stated all along that the HUD and the rear-park assist would BOTH be put into production at the same time starting 12/09. need more proof?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...&highlight=HUD

go to post #6.
Thanks. I missed that stuff the first time around.

If you go back and read my post carefully, I acknowledged the possibility that I had just not heard about it. I knew it wasn't going to be ready for the start of production, but hadn't heard a date.

PPS: if the car comes out 2/09, and PREVIOUSLY, the car wasn't going to start to have HUD put in it for orders until 12/09, that makes it 10 months. if i ordered the car 12/09, i would likely get it 2/10. that makes it 1 full year. now having to wait until 6/10 to order the car with it, that makes it about 1 year 9 months by the time the car would arrive at the dealership, nearly 2 years longer than what it should have been.
Okay, I'll play.

Let's get something straight here. Were you cool with waiting for 12/09?

Also, what makes you think that there will be a three month lead time after Camaro has been out for more than a year? Are you expecting another spike in demand due to HUD availability? I agree that it will cause a spike, but not enough to cause a three month delay. Also, I suspect that you'll be able to order a HUD car before the actual 6/10 availability date.

Again, if the development costs are that bad for hud (which is pathetic), than stop making crap cars that no1 cares about, like the aveo or HHR
What you have done here is a logical fallacy. Your opinion on the Aveo and HHR has no bearing on the amount of money GM spends on them, let alone how much profit they make. It is illogical of you to assume that GM would have more money to spend on Camaro's HUD by not building them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi

Getting past the logic side of the problem, you're thinking about it the wrong way. Aveo and HHR are already developed and on dealer lots. Every car sold generates revenue. That revenue goes into GM's pockets and pays for stuff, including R&D on newer cars.

EDIT: I just saw post #40. Looks like you've been proven wrong, sir. You said you'd be the first to admit, so out with it.

Last edited by JakeRobb; 09-24-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

It sure is rotten when people simply do not understand how the industry works, yet criticize it as if they are an expert at it.

It might not be Chevrolet at all. Auto manufacturers rely on suppliers. If they didn't, cars today would take a long, long time to get to market. If the supplier of a certain part cannot come through, things slow down. With the economy the way things are, that is quite possibly that is a part of the issue. It could also be in part due to a large number of other things as well.

Originally Posted by JasonD
GM wants a HUD in the Camaro as much as anyone else. They are not hanging on it it for no reason or hoping that it hurts sales and pisses customers off. It makes them money. However, it takes it to make it and right now, the cash faucet isn't flowing and puts a lot of things on hold.

Again, make no mistake, HUD is wanted all the way around. I want it pretty bad myself and it sucks that the wheels can turn only so fast.
Repeating adjectives at it won't make those wheels turn any faster.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM

my dad has HUD in his vette and honestly i dont know that its worth having. the difference of where the odometer is and where the HUD is ,is only a short distance . so why not look at the dash? it gets kind of distracting also. just my opinion.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
my dad has HUD in his vette and honestly i dont know that its worth having. the difference of where the odometer is and where the HUD is ,is only a short distance . so why not look at the dash? it gets kind of distracting also. just my opinion.
Everyone's welcome to their opinion. Lucky for you, you'll be able to get exactly the Camaro you want a lot sooner than others here. My experiences with HUD have been great, to the point that I really can't justify spending big bucks on a brand new car if it's not exactly the car I want. So, I'll wait for HUD. It works out for me regardless, since I won't be able to afford a new Camaro in February anyway.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by blckbrd84
For the last full year of sales (2007)

105,175 HHRs
67,028 Aveos

For 2008 to date both are holding within 1.5% of last years sales.

I'd say they're doing pretty well.

i'll believe your stats, but let me say that i live in new jersey, about 10 minutes from NYC, and i rarely if EVER see an aveo or HHR on the road. i see more 2006-2007 Monte Carlos than aveos and HHR's. that is why i assumed they did not sell well.

and i dont feel like quoting jakerobbs posts, but it may be illogical to think of things that way, but its still frustrating how we were told alot of things were coming and they, in fact, MAY be coming out but at a later date. this is the double-edged sword of the internet IMO. we're told a Z/28 is coming, HUD, and rear-park assist, then when it comes time to play ball, they are delayed. i really believe we all would have been better off not knowing much of anything as far as what the car was going to be possibly packing because now that we aren't getting certain options, it FEELS like a huge letdown and detracts from an otherwise GREAT car. i could be wrong but thats how i feel.

and jakerobb, i wasn't happy about waiting until 12/09 for the HUD, but it wasn't a heartbreak either. i planned to use that time to save up a few more $$$ for the car. by then i would have been good to go. NOW it just feels like im killin time with the 6/10 date. im likely just going to wait until around march or april to order the car.

Quick Reply: Camaro Accessories