2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumblebee appearance -- and annual invite to "Mom" Settlemire's.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:01 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Bumblebee appearance -- and annual invite to "Mom" Settlemire's.....

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends.......

It's that time of the year when "Mom Settlemire" gets her BBQ tables and chairs ready for a summer of entertainment......

....and once again, she's hosting a Camaro/Firebird BBQ for those attending the Annual "Tour de Mars" at Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown, Pennsylvania.

Susy Coughenour and the many members of P.A.C.E. (Pittsburgh Area Camaro Enthusiasts) have put together quite an event this year.

Friday nite will feature a CAMARO NIGHT at the Starlite Car Cruise --

>>>>>>>>FEATURING 'BUMBLEBEE' -- THE STAR OF THE UPCOMING MOVIE 'TRANSFORMERS' <<<<

(for those of you who may not have heard -- "Bumblebee" is a Camaro Concept Coupe -- almost identical to the Silver Concept unveiled in January 2006 Bumblebee will only appear Friday nite - as he has to 'fly off' to another event immediately following the Friday evening cruise.......

)

The Camaro/Firebird Show will take place at Tom Henry Chevrolet on Saturday, July 21 -- followed by a Cruise thru Mars, Pennsylvania and ending at "Mom Settlemire's" --

YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR A SPACE AT THE FRIDAY NITE CRUISE -- and would appreciate your also including whether you will or will not attend Mom Settlemire's BBQ on Saturday evening -- (she needs to know how much food to cook!)

>>>>>PLEASE REPLY TO SUSY FOR BOTH FRIDAY AND/OR SATURDAY NITE AT THE EMAIL ADDY BELOW<<<<<

Here are the details provided by Susy:

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/directions.shtml

Above is a link for directions to the Starlite Car Cruise at NorthWay Christian Community Church,
for the CAMARO NIGHT on Friday, July 20th - starting at 6 PM.
Please let all your fellow "comrades' know and tell them to shine up their pride and joy and come show it off. Please forward this to all your car enthusiasts and ask them to join us to help celebrate that the Camaro is back - and going strong as ever!!!

There will be a featured row (two-sided) for all Camaros that pre-register with me. Just email me (esusyc@yahoo.com) or call me (412) 398-6074 and get your name on the Camaro list. The people that pre-register will have preference on being featured with all the others.

Then on Saturday, July 21st - there will be an all F-body (Camaro, Firebird and Trans-Am) cruise, "7th Annual Tour de Mars" at Tom Henry Chevrolet, 5886 Rt. 8, Bakerstown (www.tomhenryracing.com/events.htm) benefiting Hosanna Industries. We will gather at Tom Henry and at 4 PM cruise to Mars and then go to Mrs. Elaine Settlemire's, Scott's mom, for a great BBQ. It will be a great weekend. Please put in your prayers for beautiful weather.

Please post this anywhere you can so both events will be a great success and a wonderful time!
If anyone needs any further info or has any great ideas, please contact me.

Susy Coughenour
www.marykay.com/susyc
BeaDazzled Jewelry
Let me teach you how to make a bracelet.
(412) 398-6074
Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 PM

They had better be somebody there with a camcorder, because i will be mad if the bumble bee does a burnout and i dont get to see it. (Hot Rod Magaizine) caught a pic
Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Hey Scott, quick question: Now that the movie is made, who gets to use the "Bumblebee" for promotional purposes? GM or the studio? It seems to me like this arrangement is different than most movies and tv shows - since automakers in the past never really got involved in what studios did to their cars.

Last edited by Shellhead; 06-13-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:52 AM

I don't think Bumblebee is property of GM. From what I have heard he was created by Saleen for the studio from a GTO. I would imagine the studio and GM share him. I'm sure the studio will get use of him more around early July and GM thereafter. BTW, I can't believe I'm referring to a car as "him".
Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

One is with Paramount - one is with GM -- both will be owned by GM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
So there were two then? I wonder if that's counting the 2nd gen?

Oh how I love reading between the lines.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 67 LS-1 & T-56
So there were two then? I wonder if that's counting the 2nd gen?

Oh how I love reading between the lines.
two new ones.....
Old 06-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Ok, I don't feel this really warrants a new thread, so choose this one to post it in due to it's relevance to Bumblebee.

I work in the mailroom at a State Prison, so have easy access to any magazines passing thru. Any time I see something 5th Gen related I snag it and read it before it's sent into the inmate (or if I'm lucky he's been released and I get to keep it) regardless of what the magazine is.

I don't consider this magazine a particularly informed one when it comes to automotive info, but figured I'd pass a particular rumor on.

The most recent issue of Rides (a magazine that's essentially nothing but ads for rims LOL) they had a few pages on the Bumblebee Camaro and Barricade Mustang (mostly pertaining to the movie). But in the Bumblebee article it made mention of a rumor that I haven't heard or seen on here.

It mentioned a rumor that the production version of the Camaro may be revealed at the Transformers premier.

As I said, I don't necessarily trust it. I just wanted to relay it to everyone just for discussions sake. So take it with a grain (or two or three...) of salt.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX

It mentioned a rumor that the production version of the Camaro may be revealed at the Transformers premier.

As I said, I don't necessarily trust it. I just wanted to relay it to everyone just for discussions sake. So take it with a grain (or two or three...) of salt.
somehow.. i doubt it....
Old 06-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Oh yeah, I am pretty sure I am going to go to these this year, and make it to the BBQ. But, one question Scott. It appears that we only need to 'register' with Suzy for the Starlite Cuise & Show on Friday, is there no registration needed for the Tour de Mars? I just want to make sure to get signed up correctly. Also, is it possible to just show up for the Tour de Mars on Saturday, because I may not be able to get off work on Friday.

Mike
Old 06-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
somehow.. i doubt it....
As do I. I just thought I'd mention what's bouncing around out there.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by EllwynX
Ok, I don't feel this really warrants a new thread, so choose this one to post it in due to it's relevance to Bumblebee.

I work in the mailroom at a State Prison, so have easy access to any magazines passing thru. Any time I see something 5th Gen related I snag it and read it before it's sent into the inmate (or if I'm lucky he's been released and I get to keep it) regardless of what the magazine is.

I don't consider this magazine a particularly informed one when it comes to automotive info, but figured I'd pass a particular rumor on.

The most recent issue of Rides (a magazine that's essentially nothing but ads for rims LOL) they had a few pages on the Bumblebee Camaro and Barricade Mustang (mostly pertaining to the movie). But in the Bumblebee article it made mention of a rumor that I haven't heard or seen on here.

nope.

Salt away!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by frey51
Oh yeah, I am pretty sure I am going to go to these this year, and make it to the BBQ. But, one question Scott. It appears that we only need to 'register' with Suzy for the Starlite Cuise & Show on Friday, is there no registration needed for the Tour de Mars? I just want to make sure to get signed up correctly. Also, is it possible to just show up for the Tour de Mars on Saturday, because I may not be able to get off work on Friday.

Mike
Simply let Suzy know if you're coming to the Tour de Mars (so I know how many Cows I have to buy for the BBQ.....) (she's keeping track of the people)
Old 06-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
If GM owns both of them will they send them around and let people look at them like the other concpets?

I Vote that one go with the Super Chevy Show because 95% of the people go for Camaro, Corvette, Nova, Sports cars. If they can abuse it in the movie then it could stand 90 degree weather and a little rain.