2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Bumble Bee version coming, according to dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 AM

Bumble Bee version coming, according to dealer

So I just got back from my local Chevy dealer, I'm in the market for a new truck and I wanted to take a close look at the new Silverado because I missed the Toronto Auto show last month.

Anyways...I was talking to the salesman and sure enough we started talking about the new Camaro. He said he was looking forward to the car, but like me, he wanted a special edition one, just as mustangs have their own special editions like the GT500, which have soared in value since their release.

He went on to say that there was definetely a "Bumble Bee" version coming in the first year based on the Transformer movie...I was surprised to find out he had that info, but humoured him saying, "Oh wow, will there be more to it than the yellow and black paint?" he said, "yes".

He said that the car would feature unique 20 inch rims with the autobot logo stamped on them, as well as a few tastfully placed autobot badgeing on the front and back of the car. The interior would be yellow and black leather, also with a few autobot logos. He said that the there would be an "upgraded" engine, meaning that it will probably be the 6.0 L with additional tuning probably adding another 25-35 horsepower.

But the last thing he told me freaked me out. Apparently, GM and Streetglow have teamed up to create a "Bumble Bee" Neon yellow under car glow kit which will come standard on the special addition vehicle.

Holly Crap!! All I could think about, was how most people on this board flame the hell on anyone who even suggests any type of glow kit.

So anyways, it's an interesting rumour. Rumour only. I think it would be great to have a "Bumble Bee" version.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Horde
Old 03-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Horde

Anyways...I was talking to the salesman
There's your first clue that you're getting bad info.

I'm not sure about the autobot thing, but no way would they put neons on the car...not a chance
Old 03-24-2007, 10:32 AM

I know he's on this board, maybe he could back up his statement.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Horde
I know he's on this board, maybe he could back up his statement.
I'd like to hear that.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:03 AM

If they really built that, I might buy it!! Not because I'm a huge Transformers fan, but because I really like neon lights on a car .

..... j/k! But seriously, I like the yellow/black paint scheme of the Transformers Camaro, and I would seriously consider it (whether that be the "package", or just the colors? )

Time will tell .
Old 03-24-2007, 11:44 AM

I just can't see GM putting neon underbody lights on a car. That right there would cause me to wonder about the credibility of the info.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 AM

OMFG

Did you actually believe anything a car salesman said...someone who will lie to you with no regard to anything whatsoever just to make a buck.

Car Salesman are the armpit of sales market.

Im sorry, but anyone who remotley believes this is just plain ignorant,

AND to top it off, what a stupid idea, autobot badges and yellow neons??? GAY.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I'd like to hear that.
That color combo in your avatar is my dream Camaro btw!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Z/28lover
OMFG

Did you actually believe anything a car salesman said...someone who will lie to you with no regard to anything whatsoever just to make a buck.

Car Salesman are the armpit of sales market.

Im sorry, but anyone who remotley believes this is just plain ignorant,

AND to top it off, what a stupid idea, autobot badges and yellow neons??? GAY.
Although I can't believe the car would have neon glow, I don't think that autobot badges would be that far fetched. There have been movie related themed cars offered to the public before.

I think it would be cool to have a movie car. I've always wanted the Batmobile from the Adam West series in the 60's, which you can still buy for $50,000 from a guy in British Columbia.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:26 PM

Neon lights are illegal, so that part is already thrown out the window. the car is coming out to late to enjoy a movie tie in with the transformers movie. thatd be like getting a special edition right now based off of saw 2 or something.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by blackrat
the car is coming out to late to enjoy a movie tie in with the transformers movie. thatd be like getting a special edition right now based off of saw 2 or something.

What about the Bullit version of the Mustang a couple of years ago?, wasn't that about 20 years between the car and the movie?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 PM

If they actually go through with this I may give up on Camaro forever. Of course I think the salesman is full of it; however it sounds just rediculous enough to be true.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:03 PM

Ridiculous. The saleman knows absolutely nothing and was talking out of his *** to impress you. Please everyone, no more "I heard from a salesman at the dealership" stories. They have very little knowledge of future products and certainly don't know things that a lot of people who actually work for GM aren't privy to.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I will never say 'never' ......'cause 'never' is a long time.

But you can be assured that we haven't discussed anything of the sort.

Sorry........

(we're working on getting the car out -- special editions come later......)
Old 03-24-2007, 08:07 PM

How old was this salesman?

Quick Reply: Bumble Bee version coming, according to dealer