2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro in high demand

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Camaro in high demand

I just found this on You Tube. Camaro are the hots cars and people want them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg0UAHvCnW4
Long live the Camaro!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM

Nice catch, this would make a great news clip on TV
Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 PM

Im kinda anoyed that people are so surprised at the demand. We havent seen this kinda styling to my eye at least since 1969. Throw in IRS and the Vette motor with the Zeta... yes I know Charlie doesnt like it but I like most things Ive read and heard. Also Id LOVE to have a 2010 SS RS IBM just to compete with my brothers 2008 BMW 335i just cause...

Im just glad its so much in demand right now because I have a little bit in the bank now that could either be a house downpayment or knock out alot of the cost of a 2SS with cash. I still havent heard anything about the GM bucks of which I have about 2300 last I looked. Maybe more but I doubt theyd allow that much anyway. In this real estate market and economy I keep trying to kick myself toward the house but eveyonce in a while the devil on my shoulder says just by the damned dream car Ive been waiting 10 years (4th Gen not withstanding) for and figure it out later...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 05-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:54 AM

I would love to know how an 18 year old can afford a new Camaro SS.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Scream And Fly
parents. or leasing.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Im kinda anoyed that people are so surprised at the demand. We havent seen this kinda styling to my eye at least since 1969. Throw in IRS and the Vette motor with the Zeta... yes I know Charlie doesnt like it but I like most things Ive read and heard. Also Id LOVE to have a 2010 SS RS IBM just to compete with my brothers 2008 BMW 335i just cause...

Im just glad its so much in demand right now because I have a little bit in the bank now that could either be a house downpayment or knock out alot of the cost of a 2SS with cash. I still havent heard anything about the GM bucks of which I have about 2300 last I looked. Maybe more but I doubt theyd allow that much anyway. In this real estate market and economy I keep trying to kick myself toward the house but eveyonce in a while the devil on my shoulder says just by the damned dream car Ive been waiting 10 years (4th Gen not withstanding) for and figure it out later...
Yup, that little devil is dancing on my shoulder as well. I'm in the seem position right now as you. I have the money for the down payment of a house, or the cash payment of a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS! The more I think about it, I REALLY don't need either, so then why not get the cheaper of the two things, THE CAMARO!!! I mean, no matter what I will need to get a loan if I end up buying a house.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I keep trying to kick myself toward the house but eveyonce in a while the devil on my shoulder says just by the damned dream car Ive been waiting 10 years (4th Gen not withstanding) for and figure it out later...
While I dont salivate over an F5, I can relate. In my case its GT500 or a House. I could go with the GT500 and put off the house for another 4 years, but who knows what the housing market will be like in 4 years (good or bad)?

And this is the rub in my case, I really don't like whats out there in terms of housing, but after checking into having a house built, its not an option right now so I'd much rather have the GT500, but now is as good a time as any to buy a house and see what I can do with it in a few years
Old 05-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
While I dont salivate over an F5, I can relate. In my case its GT500 or a House. I could go with the GT500 and put off the house for another 4 years, but who knows what the housing market will be like in 4 years (good or bad)?

And this is the rub in my case, I really don't like whats out there in terms of housing, but after checking into having a house built, its not an option right now so I'd much rather have the GT500, but now is as good a time as any to buy a house and see what I can do with it in a few years
TBH now is a good time to buy anything...........people just need money right now. Deals are to be had on projects and the etc. Its a buyers world right now.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM

I maybe in the same boat as most of you but I need the house right know because we (wife, two kids [3&6], and myself) have out grown our current home. For our area of the housing market, houses are starting to move. I just made the last payment for my wife’s car and my van has been paid off.
My plans where to get the convertible in 2011 and this will give me time to settle in the new home. My wife has told me that if I wanted the Camaro I would need to buy a home where I am able to protect it. She does not want me to tell her or hear me mad at the kids because they scratch the car.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:41 PM

Sounds like you have a pretty fair and understanding wife!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 PM

It called - "Wheeling and Dealing". We get the bigger house and I get the third garage slot for the Camaro.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scream And Fly
Easy, he hasn't called the INSURANCE company yet...

When I was 18 or so I wanted a 97 z28 conv. loaded...it was about $30k and $350 a month or more? BUT the insurance was exactly as much!!! Needless to say I bought the exact car I wanted in 2001 for $11,000 with 60k on it added the ground effects and some corvette rims and all is good...insurance is way down as well... $500 for 6 months for TWO vehicles...lol

I would love a new camaro but the INSURANCE is a RIP-OFF not to mention I am laid off right now...

Personally I think INSURANCE needs to be redone and so does the Government System... I mean does getting a ticket for doing 70mph over the speed limit in the middle of the desert when even the cop who busted you for it wasn't on the road and the last time you saw anybody was 2 hours ago?

I've only had one accident that I caused and that was because I assumed the "woman" in front of me would GO since she had a minute to make her turn... I wasn't even touching the gas, merely let off the brake and "stupidly" grabbed my check because I was going to the bank..and looked back up and she hadn't gone...hit the brake but it was too late...$4,000 in damage because I was in a TAHOE and she was in a Cavalier...bumpers don't line-up...

If she was in a tahoe likely no harm would have been done... Anyway I can see insurance raising because of that but my insurance never got wind of it...I paid in cash to have it fixed with a copy of her estimates.... My insurance ripped me off due to my age and speeding tickets....speeding doesn't directly correlate to causing accidents...stupidity does...like girls and cell phones/texting...

anyway RANT over...

Check the insurance costs before you buy a new camaro...hate to find out you have TWO car payments not ONE, after the fact...lol