2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bit Concerned

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by sui_winbolo
Problem is I went to a larger Chevrolet dealer in Minot, ND, I talked with a guy and he said they had 10 of them spoken for and I would have to wait to order mine. He also said they had no pricing information.

I can check a local dealer, but I don't know if they'll provide me with any information let alone pre-order.

But if I do pre-order, don't you usually have to put some money down on that? Like at least $500 or so?
i didnt put anything down. who said you had to order your car from some where close to you? if you really want the car you would do whatever it takes to get it. it doesnt sound like you really care if you get a challanger or a camaro. im sure not ALL of the dealers all over the US are sold out of their allowed cars.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i didnt put anything down. who said you had to order your car from some where close to you? if you really want the car you would do whatever it takes to get it. it doesnt sound like you really care if you get a challanger or a camaro. im sure not ALL of the dealers all over the US are sold out of their allowed cars.
I'm not in a position to travel thousands of miles to get a car just yet.

I posted this thread asking about the earliest I could get a Camaro. Not where to get one.

I know I can go out of state and find one, but I'm not in a position to drive anywhere yet. Poor college student, won't be making money until this summer.

In the summer I'll be in the position to travel possibly. But I'm not going put money on a order if I can't afford the car at the time of placing the money down.

I'm looking at the easiest route to get a Camaro. We have dealers here, I don't see why I would have a harder time getting a Camaro here compared to other dealerships out of state.

Like I said, I'm on the fence about getting the Camaro or Challenger. You can shun me about liking the Challenger, I don't care.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM

Before you commit to buying a Camaro OR Challenger... wait till it snows your way again and go test drive a 98-02 Camaro with LS1. With or without traction control. Having "played" with mine in the snow a couple times I can tell you this is NOT a full-time driver unless you're up for skinny rims, winter tires, and don't mind digging yourself out of the ditch often anyway.

Considering I drive 75 mile one way to work each day in a Miata (year round in Wisconsin) I'm not exactly afraid of light weight low RWD sports cars in snow, but even with TCS the Camaro sucks on slippery roads.

Consider buying a cheap 4x4 (and now is a very good time to do so) for winter... you can then wait until dealers get stock and markups come WAY down. By then you should not only have a FT job but should know whether it's a good fit for you... and your employer will know whether you'll work out there as well. Landing a FT job is not the only hurdle that needs to be cleared to buy a car now. You also need solid work history and awesome credit.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 PM

I won't ever drive that much of a distance for work. At least I'll do everything to avoid it. Winters are a bitch and I don't want to be risking my *** everyday for 4 months.

But I know what you mean.

I think I'm going to save my money up and wait. I'll use my current car for the time being and probably look at getting a Camaro next summer. Still possibly a Challenger. haha

Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Just wait dude. I have a stable a job as they come(plumber/hvac tech for my fathers small business) making good money and i wouldnt commit to it now. If you hire on to a job soon remember you still may be the first cut. That is just the way it is. I wouldnt get a car unless i had enough to put down to make the payment 250 or so. There will be time in your life for a new car but right after college isnt it.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 PM

The economy is terrible. There will be a decent amount of "pre-sold" cars on the lots when people can't get financed or have lost there jobs since they placed the order. My bet is that there will be some SS fully optioned cars on lots in 6 weeks.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 PM

Grand Prix GTP

IMHO i wouldn,t spend another cent on your 83 Grand Prix,and look to buy a 97-03 GTP/GT and get 4-5 yrs. use out of it &then buy your Camaro/Challenger after the hype dies down& wait till summer when the greedy oil companies start gouging the sh**t out of us on fuel prices and watch people trying to dump their V8,s at huge losses
Old 03-21-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Evil Turbo SS
The economy is terrible. There will be a decent amount of "pre-sold" cars on the lots when people can't get financed or have lost there jobs since they placed the order. My bet is that there will be some SS fully optioned cars on lots in 6 weeks.
Not a chance (JMO). IF there are some, they're ones dealers screwed over their people "in line" to order for stock and they'll be marked up considerably. It'll be late fall before you can walk into a dealership, have a choice of more than one car, and buy under MSRP. IMO...
Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 PM

I think there will be a handfull of cancelled orders at the larger dealers for MSRP in 8 weeks time.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 PM

Don't hold your breath..cancelled orders, yes..MSRP, probably not. The dealers around here are still busy trying to convince everyone that $4000 over sticker is a good deal.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by canuck94z28
IMHO i wouldn,t spend another cent on your 83 Grand Prix,and look to buy a 97-03 GTP/GT and get 4-5 yrs. use out of it &then buy your Camaro/Challenger after the hype dies down& wait till summer when the greedy oil companies start gouging the sh**t out of us on fuel prices and watch people trying to dump their V8,s at huge losses
Eh, I would rather take a loan and make my Grand Prix a more reliable vehicle then spend the money on a car I'm going to sell for a lot less within 4 years.

I'm keeping my Grand Prix, unless it gets wrecked. Otherwise I'm going to end up building it up later in my life. Any money spent into my GP is well worth it.

I'll keep my eyes out for a new vehicle, of course. Depending on where I end up working, will determine when I can afford a new vehicle. However, I really do not want to buy a cheaper car just to get by. I have a car already, I think putting money towards that vehicle would make more sense then buying a vehicle to drive for a few years. But who knows! Things can change just like that.

Last edited by sui_winbolo; 03-22-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 PM

Lone Star said they would do sticker on a cancelled order already.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by trm0002
Not a chance (JMO). IF there are some, they're ones dealers screwed over their people "in line" to order for stock and they'll be marked up considerably. It'll be late fall before you can walk into a dealership, have a choice of more than one car, and buy under MSRP. IMO...
Originally Posted by Evil Turbo SS
Lone Star said they would do sticker on a cancelled order already.
So does that mean they will do sticker on whatever the canceled car was or do you get to configure it the way you want? In either case, keep in mind the question was basically (IMO) when can you walk into our local dealership, have a decent selection available (even through dealer trade), and not pay over MSRP? It'll be a while...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Eh, I would rather take a loan and make my Grand Prix a more reliable vehicle then spend the money on a car I'm going to sell for a lot less within 4 years.

I'm keeping my Grand Prix, unless it gets wrecked. Otherwise I'm going to end up building it up later in my life. Any money spent into my GP is well worth it.

I'll keep my eyes out for a new vehicle, of course. Depending on where I end up working, will determine when I can afford a new vehicle. However, I really do not want to buy a cheaper car just to get by. I have a car already, I think putting money towards that vehicle would make more sense then buying a vehicle to drive for a few years. But who knows! Things can change just like that.
97-03 GT/GTP,s have nearly reached their depreciated value&then some.I have a hunch that the Supercharged GTP,s will have some collector value later on,there should be many 4 sale in U.S thus better prices.In CANADA every thing is higher due to scarecity/rarity of Musclecars;a prime example is the 4th.Gen/SRT8 Challenger
Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 AM

Yeah, that's what I'm sorta figuring right now. I sure hope they can pump these things out faster than the demand for them.
Intentionally flooding the market isnt the smartest thing to do. Look at the housing market Having said that, I think eventually it will die down and youll be able to negotiate a better price...

Quick Reply: Bit Concerned