2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Bit Concerned

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Bit Concerned

I'm a bit concerned about being able to get a Camaro anytime soon. I have not pre-ordered yet, since I'm still in college and working part time. And I don't have a full time job lined up after I graduate yet, though there's a good chance I'm going to get this job at the telephone company.

Anyways, say the earliest I put in a pre-order is May, what would be a good estimate to expect getting my Camaro?

If I can't get it before winter hits, I might end up getting a Challenger. Challenger was my first choice for my next car, but I really started looking into the Camaro's and liked what I saw. However, the availability in my area (North Dakota, middle of nowhere!!) and people ordering back in October, I don't believe I will be able to get one this year!

Problem is my car does not have a block heater, I don't have snow tires, and it hates the cold. ('83 Grand Prix) So I want to get a new car before winter for sure. Even though I prefer the Camaro, I would still love a Challenger.

Any idea anybody?

Last edited by sui_winbolo; 03-09-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM

It's VERY hard to say right now. Wait about a month into production and we should see how fast things are running. My personal belief is that there shouldn't be too much trouble getting one by the end of the year.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:26 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm sorta figuring right now. I sure hope they can pump these things out faster than the demand for them.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 AM

Even though there will be a demand for the car, remember it's a 2010. This car came out early for a reason, so they would not have a short run year. So I suspect that this car will still be able to be ordered well into march 2010 as long as the retool for 2011's go into effect the way other GM cars do. I don't see them releasing 2011's anytime this year!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 AM

put your order in before next monday. the odds are you should have a job before your car comes in.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
put your order in before next monday. the odds are you should have a job before your car comes in.
Problem is I went to a larger Chevrolet dealer in Minot, ND, I talked with a guy and he said they had 10 of them spoken for and I would have to wait to order mine. He also said they had no pricing information.

I can check a local dealer, but I don't know if they'll provide me with any information let alone pre-order.

But if I do pre-order, don't you usually have to put some money down on that? Like at least $500 or so?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM

I mailed a check for $250 to my dealer and he is just letting it sit in a folder till the car comes in and then he will rip it up. The dealer I went to is doing a refundable deposit because he knows that the car can be sold anyway reguardless of the options.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Oh nice, well I hope that my dealer here will be willing to do that! I'll have to get a hold of them soon.

I called them and they said there's quite a list of people who wants them. So he said he will put me down on the list and go from there. I'm hoping he will contact me soon!

Last edited by sui_winbolo; 03-10-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Scott (fbodfather) has said they would like to have all pre-orders built by June/ July 2009, that means after July there are non-presold orders being made, orders placed after March 16.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:03 PM

why don't you just by a new engine block heater? If the winter comes before you can buy a camaro, don't settle for less... patience is a virtue
Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Well I don't consider it settling for less.

But I know what you mean. I need a few things done to my Grand Prix before I can really make it a daily driver. I need a larger radiator for the 301 v8 we put in it, [I can only make it a bit over 30 miles on the highway on a summer day] a set of studded snow tires, and a block heater or an inline heater.(not sure if that's the correct name, but it's cheaper than a block heater)

All relatively inexpensive upgrades.

But like I said, I love the Challenger too. Though I know A LOT of people would disagree with me on that one. Considering this is a Camaro forum and there is a lot of die hard Chevy fans. haha

I'm just going to keep my ears open. I might wait it out. Which will probably be for the best. However, it is ultimately my decision that I need to make for myself.

I appreciate all the advice guys, this is why I joined this forum. Lots of positive support. Can't beat it.

Last edited by sui_winbolo; 03-11-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 PM

I have sat in the Challenger, and it is a great car. Very nice.

But, I placed my Order for my SS early this week. I have to travel to pick it up, But it will be a great road tri0p back!

as for your issue of not having a job yet, I would get the job first. Financing it will be very hard without a good job.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I'm not going to put any money down on anything if I don't have my job.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM

I don't want to pry into your finances or come off as judgemental, but do you think it's financially safe for you to order a new $25k - $35K car now? I only bring this up because you say that you're still in college and work part time. Even if the economy didn't suck right now and it wasn't really hard to get a job right out of college, I still don't see the wisdom in signing up for a new car with presumably little savings and no stable full-time job.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
I don't want to pry into your finances or come off as judgemental, but do you think it's financially safe for you to order a new $25k - $35K car now? I only bring this up because you say that you're still in college and work part time. Even if the economy didn't suck right now and it wasn't really hard to get a job right out of college, I still don't see the wisdom in signing up for a new car with presumably little savings and no stable full-time job.
Nope, I don't think it's financially safe. That's why I'm not going to order a new car until I have a full time job.

I maybe young, but I'm not stupid. I'm not going go after something I can't afford. With the type of job I'm looking at, I can afford 30k vehicle payments.

But I'm not going to actually order a car until I know I have the job.

Quick Reply: Bit Concerned