2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

BEE-otch.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Saw it for the 2nd time tonite. I actually think I liked it better the 2nd time thru.

Camaro is just plain stunning.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 PM

I've been reading 5th gen posts long before there was a 5th gen forum.

Saw the movie today. I absolutely loved the 5th gen appearance in the movie. The Camaro references were nice. I had to smile at that.

The movie though is, at best, ok. The charactors have little appeal. I'd rather have seen the original movie up on the screen.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:12 PM
SEMA Media Team

I have never once watched a transformers cartoon nor ever had any of the toys but that was one kick A$$ movie!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnthonyHSV
Ahh I loved it, as for Private Ryan you take out the start of the movie with the beach landing and the movie is so so.
SPR goes way, way beyond shoot-em-up action. Sitting there watching it makes you feel like you're in the middle of the chaos and not just chomping on popcorn watching it. I think that movie is supposed to go a little deeper than that.

At any rate, if you watch Transformers for what it's supposed to be, I thought it was pretty good. Turn your mind off, enjoy the effects and the "scenery", and ignore some of the lame Autobot-Decepticon dialogue. The 5th Gen looks great in motion!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Why can't you guys just enjoy the movie for what it is???? Entertainment, that's what it is and it was good entertainment at that. We are not talking major awards here, just a chance to see the new CAMARO and be entertained and to just enjoy yourself. It seems like you guys are missing the entire point of the movie and besides seeing the Transformers once again, the new CAMARO was also part of the draw that is getting people into the movies. As I stated before it looks fantastic in MOTION. And that alone made the entire movie a pleasure to see.....................Tom
What he said^

The answer is pretty simple though... some people just like to bitch about everything

Besides...the special effects in the movie more than make up for all the cheesy lines in it, at least I thought so
Old 07-09-2007, 12:17 PM

I just remembered one of my favorite parts the line "I'm being chased by Satan's Camaro"....fitting, I thought
Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 PM

i grew up with transformers, was never a big fan, but this movie rocked. Afterwards i got in my '00 Z28 camaro, revved my engine, and the crowd leaving the theater cheered.

Even better a '97 SVT Cobra pulled up to me and we put on a little show for the crowd. Of course i won.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM

Ahh I loved it, as for Private Ryan you take out the start of the movie with the beach landing and the movie is so so.
Again SPR is not an action flick. There may be action in it but it's not about American's shooting German's. Some movies are more than just visuals for the eye.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
SPR goes way, way beyond shoot-em-up action. Sitting there watching it makes you feel like you're in the middle of the chaos and not just chomping on popcorn watching it. I think that movie is supposed to go a little deeper than that.

You can roll your eyes all you bloody want, my opinion. The mid section of the movie it really bogs down, picks up again after they find Ryan and defend that bridge crossing.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM

You can roll your eyes all you bloody want, my opinion. The mid section of the movie it really bogs down, picks up again after they find Ryan and defend that bridge crossing.
Again, because you're looking at it in a simple "I want to be entertained by shoot-em-up action" for 2.5 hours. That wasn't what SPR was about at all.

Anyway.....
Old 07-10-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Again, because you're looking at it in a simple "I want to be entertained by shoot-em-up action" for 2.5 hours. That wasn't what SPR was about at all.

Anyway.....
word
Old 07-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
I've been reading 5th gen posts long before there was a 5th gen forum.

Saw the movie today. I absolutely loved the 5th gen appearance in the movie. The Camaro references were nice. I had to smile at that.

The movie though is, at best, ok. The charactors have little appeal. I'd rather have seen the original movie up on the screen.
Totally agree with this! The 5th gen was the best reason to see the movie - and it really is a beautiful car. And Yellow is a surprisingly good color for the car!

The movie itself I'd say was average - the action was actually too hard to follow. The original Transformers movie was awesome on the big screen - far better than this one.