2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEE-otch.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM

BEE-otch.

Okay, I just saw Transformers. There are so many threads going on this, that I didn't know where to post. So I figured I'd just start a new one.

So, I guess this movie shows us what the world would look like when GM gets 100% market share.

Anyways, the only reason I went to see the movie was because of the Camaro. What did we get? Like about 45 seconds total of screen time for it? I sure hope the real one sounds as good as Bumblebee.

Anyhoo, I can't say I'm as impressed by this movie as everyone else seems to be here. Some cool parts - sure - and neat CGI - but really, come on guys - this is not Saving Private Ryan, or anything. I'll give it 2 stars. Not more than that.

Last edited by Z284ever; 07-06-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah, Im stoke the Camaro gets some publicity from the movie, but I have no intentions of sitting in a theater to see it. Maybe when its on DVD ill check it out. Not much of a movie guy I guess. Ill spend 2 or 3 hours at the bars and clubs surrounding our theater tonight , just not in it. Maybe if they served drinks and had scantily clad 22 year olds dancing in the theaters Id go more.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM

i'm surprised by the reaction to the movie here as well.. while i found it very entertaining and liked the movie, and i gave it an 8/10.. people posting here seem to have liked it a hell of a lot more than me

that said.. i think age has a lot to do with how one recieves the movie.. and whether or not one played with the toys or watched the cartoon 23 years ago.. a lot of people have said it makes them feel like they are 8 again and i think that's the key to why so many people are gushing over the movie.. its got a bit of nostalgic value to it

and the camaro was on for a lot more than 45 seconds thats for sure. at least 46

Originally Posted by MarineReconZ28
I have no intentions of sitting in a theater to see it. Maybe when its on DVD ill check it out. .
in my opinion this is the kind of movie you really have to see in a theatre to get the full effect..

that is unless you have a big screen HDTV with a surround sound system at home

Last edited by FS3800; 07-06-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever

Anyhoo, I can't say I'm as impressed by this movie as everyone else seems to be here. Some cool parts - sure - and neat CGI - but really, come on guys - this is not Saving Private Ryan, or anything. I'll give it 2 stars. Not more than that.
It's a popcorn flick. Lots of action a little bit of plot some humor. For what it is and is trying to be I think it's pretty damn good. Comparing this film to SPR or any other seriously minded production is just doing those films a disservice. See it for it is not what you would like it to be.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Okay, I just saw Transformers. There are so many threads going on this, that I didn't know where to post. So I figured I'd just start a new one.
I hate you!

Just last night I was thinking there are too many threads on Transformers, why can't we just keep it in one.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:12 PM

i think most people are rating it based on a must see factor. It by far isnt the best movie ever written, but definantly the must see of the decade for me.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by StreamlineZ28
i think most people are rating it based on a must see factor. It by far isnt the best movie ever written, but definantly the must see of the decade for me.
I would say most entertaining movie so far this year is most accrate.

I can see this as a series of movies that may not supass Star Wars but will have it's place in Si Fi movie history.

I am still looking for the Double Pumper under the hood.

It is like a Indiana Jones movie where you can go and forget things for 2.5hours with some great entertaining action.

How about a Camaro tire track in cement in Hollywood? The let the droids from Star Wars do it!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I am still looking for the Double Pumper under the hood.
Yeah, me too. That was a sweet looking motor though. They showed it so briefly. Was that a Weber setup or was it injected? I couldn't tell.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 PM

Looked FI to me....didn't understand those headers though.

Here's a clip with the motor:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7j5WGXkG5xU
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 AM

The engine was the last thing I was looking at during that scene... my my Meagen Fox.x.x!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Looked FI to me....didn't understand those headers though.

Here's a clip with the motor:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7j5WGXkG5xU
It looks like a Kinnsler Injection system. As for the headers I can not see too much but they may be just custom for ground clearance or 180 degree and wrap around behind the engine and under the car?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 AM

So, I guess this movie shows us what the world would look like when GM gets 100% market share.

Anyways, the only reason I went to see the movie was because of the Camaro. What did we get? Like about 45 seconds total of screen time for it? I sure hope the real one sounds as good as Bumblebee.

Ahh I loved it, as for Private Ryan you take out the start of the movie with the beach landing and the movie is so so.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
The engine was the last thing I was looking at during that scene... my my Meagen Fox.x.x!
Sweeeet
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 AM

I don't understand!!!

Why can't you guys just enjoy the movie for what it is???? Entertainment, that's what it is and it was good entertainment at that. We are not talking major awards here, just a chance to see the new CAMARO and be entertained and to just enjoy yourself. It seems like you guys are missing the entire point of the movie and besides seeing the Transformers once again, the new CAMARO was also part of the draw that is getting people into the movies. As I stated before it looks fantastic in MOTION. And that alone made the entire movie a pleasure to see.....................Tom
Old 07-08-2007, 06:35 PM

I saw it yesterday and absolutely LOVED it. Best movie of the summer so far, and thats saying alot since I was a big fan of Pirates 3 and SM3. And the cgi was pretty spectacular.

I loved how the 5th gen came in, rolling nice and slowly with some nice intro music. The 2nd gen was great too, although obviously beaten to hell. It was just nice to see a movie where the Camaro was front and center among all the cars, but it didnt distract from the overall movie. This is a definite DVD buy when it comes out