2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Arlington at Christmas -- and a Christmas Message...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Arlington at Christmas -- and a Christmas Message...

Dear Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends...........

Our Friend, Jan Mellor (Camaro Comrade Extraordinare -- Harry and Dorothy's Daugher!!-- a "Mars Majorette!" .... my neighbor in Mars as I was growing up....) sent me the attached picture and article,

God Bless Mr. Merrill Worcester for what he does! We so often forget about the staggering number of men and women who sacrificed so much so that you and I can freely celebrate this joyous season.

As we prepare to celebrate with family and friends -- let's not forget to meditate for a moment and remember the Men and Women who are, as I type this, serving around the world.

Let's not forget those who have paid the ultimate price by giving their lives -- and let's not forget the families that are left behind to mourn their loss.

It's a tough time right now -- no matter where you live or what you do for a living -- as we find ourselves in one of the most economically challenging times in at least 70 years. What we MUST do is come together - regardless of political affiliation -- regardless of religion -- regardless of differences. United, we, as two nations, (Canada and the United States) will make it through this trying time -- and once again prosper.

We also need to be Thankful -- because we live a miraculous age --

I thank you for the kind notes and cards and emails (and prayers...) that I've received over the past month. It's gratifying to know that so many people DO care about GM and Ford and Chrysler; their suppliers and their dealers-- and the people (let me repeat that -- the PEOPLE) who make up all of these companies. We're fighting as hard as we can to turn our companies around -- and I'm confident that we'll be successful.

I hope that each of you will have time to spend with your families and loved ones -- and that you'll find joy in each others company.

I hope you'll always wear your safety belts -- all the time -- every time -- including everyone in the vehicle with you.
(.............................................ya just KNEW I wuz gonna work that in here somehow, some way.......)

I hope that if you partake of alcoholic beverages (......for medicinal purposes only, of course......) that you'll appoint a designated driver or call a taxi.

I hope you'll find a renewed sense of family and community as we enter the new year...........and I hope that the New Year will bring you health, happiness, and all that is good.

..................and of course, some pretty amazing cars are starting to roll off the line in Oshawa ---

Yup! We've had to wait longggggg time for the new Camaro -- but the entire Camaro team is confident that this new car is gonna blow you away.

And lastly - I thank you -- SINCERELY -- for your friendship.

Your Camaro Comrade and Firebird Friend..............

Scott
(aka Fbodfather)
(aka RedPlanet)

JAN WRITES:
-

Dear Friends: It's great to know that we have people in our great country that remember all our fallen soldiers that have fought for all our freedoms. So pray for Piece on Earth and Goodwill for all Men!

Merry Christmas, Love Jan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"

Arlington at Christmas

I had no idea this was done. I thought you might want to see it.

Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.

Rest easy, sleep well.

Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.

Peace, peace, and farewell...

</ SPAN>

Readers may be interested to know that these wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harrington , Maine . The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

Please share this with everyone on your address list. You hear too much about the bad things people do. Everyone should hear about this.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Good post Scott. Merry Christmas and thanks for what you do.