2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone happy with the experience?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Is anyone happy with the experience?

Decided to write this general question in response to all of the negativity I am seeing on the site. From bad dealers, to company screw ups I'm not seeing the posts about how the car delivered was everything the owner wanted. I know most of us bought into the hype which is why we're willing to pay MSRP and in some cases above MSRP where we wouldn't for any other car.

With this being said, my question is as such.

Is anyone happy with their experience (ordering, taking ownership, driving it or whatever) and can you share your experience with the rest of us?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-17-2009, 04:45 PM

I have personally delivered 7 Camaro's to customers in the last month or so. I think the happiness questions has to do with the dealership that you deal with. People complaining about Gm are wrong. Gm may have something to do with the time frame of delivery......But mostly it is the dealerships fault for telling the customer that the car should be here in 3-6 weeks? A normal Camaro order should take 6-12 weeks from placement to delivery if the dealership has allocation.

I have sold over 10 Camaro's to people from this site alone. I think the dissatisfaction has more to do with the price that other dealerships are trying to get for the vehicle. This is caused because smaller dealerships are only going to get 10 maybe 20 for the entire model year. When you do not get a large allocation you need to try to make your money somewhere.

I also think a lot of the complaining on this web site are from misinformed people.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Steve,

I can tell you that my entire buying experience with my Camaro was just awesome. I was in first thing in the morning on Oct 13th, 2008 to place my order and took delivery over a few weeks ago now.

John Trotto was my salesperson at Buff Whelan Chevrolet in Sterling Heights, MI. I can tell you that we have had many, many phone conversations during the entire process. They are a large Chevrolet dealership, but give you the personal attention of a small town dealership. You can't ask for a better buying experience.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Disciple

We received superb treatment during our order, waiting and delivery. Terry Decker at Milligan Motors in Enterprise, Oregon stayed on top of everything and saved every bit of information he could find for us. His hospitality has been unmatched by any other dealership we've visited. He also let us come back the next day to wash our car again before a car show that was taking place the day after we took delivery.
Terry sells any car at $750 over dealer invoice and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car from him.
I appreciate that he runs a family business and am glad I was able to help support one of the smaller, rural dealerships in Oregon.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:52 PM

I purchased mine from Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa, CA. D.J. Martin, was my contact and he did an exceptional job of taking care of me through the entire process. I took delivery on June 16th and the car is outstanding. I am looking forward to my first weekend with the car when I'll have time to detail it myself and then take it for a nice long drive.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:50 PM

same with fagan they stayed open late so i could get the paperwork done ended p taking a huge loss on my grand prix so instead of 33k it came out to be like 38k with sales tax n all that crap
Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Fantastic So Far

Just bought a 2SS from John Trotto at Buff Whelan- they answered my questions quickly/completely and made me comfortable enough to fly from Tampa to Detroit to buy a car sight unseen. If your anything like my wife you have at least a half dozen but what ifs......questions...."

John had everything ready to go, I landed at 12:30, arrived at dealer at 1:15 and started my road trip home about 2:15pm. So far the Camaro machine has been fantastic- have one or two rattles to track down, papparazzi must have given up on Britney they're chasing me (the car- I'm ugly)

I'll give a full report after making the final 300 mile trip home tomorrow morning- hopefully without any more tix's

Last edited by HeavyChevSS; 06-20-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I could
Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 PM

I got my dealer waiting list in 2006 during the concept unveiling, and I put in my order in january of this year. My Dealer gave me written proof that he'll sell me my car at MSRP. I'm happy about that. He has kept me abreast with production dates. My car is supposed to built either the week of the 15th, which has past, or the week of the 22nd. I'm sure he'll call me and tell me my vin.

I know I sound like an elitist ***** by saying this, but I'm a little dissapointed for the following reson: I have seen several V6's driving around lately, and I'm upset that they are churning out crappy V6's from the factory while I sit on my hands waiting for the fully loaded $37,000 SS that I promised I would buy 3 years ago.

I guess they are doing whats right for them though. They have to build V6s to keep the govt and the environmentalists at bay. They would probably get in trouble if they built every single pre-ordered SS V8 gas guzzler and then started making V6's.

I'm most upset that I'll be set to take delivery of mine right after I deploy, so I'll have to wait even longer to see mine for the first time. At least my wife will get to drive it.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 PM

Interesting 1st post, Steve.............
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Follow up

Okay, took delivery a couple of days ago and gotta tell you, I'm on a sugar high minus the sugar, just add excess of 400hp. I can't tell you how blown away I am with not just the car but the whole experience. First off, thanks to Beardmore Chevy in Bellevue NE, and thanks to GM for having the ball$ to make what America needs in these dark times. The wife, yes, the wife, wanted to get out of bed last night and go for a drive.

She drove back from a buddies house the night we picked it up and her eyes swole to silver dollar signs. She drives a Lexus, don't hold it against her, and she's absolutely in love with the Camaro.

The dealer made the process quick, much less expensive, and totally rememberable for the rest of my days. I buy no cars elsewhere in the future.

GM and Beardmore, you totally hit a home run. Job very well done.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:26 PM

I went from great to stupendous so I can't complain at all. As some of you know, I too ordered in the wee hours of the morning on day one, Oct 13th but ended up re-ordering at another local dealer who would accept my supplier discount (original guy was MSRP only). Both dealers treated my great and I did know up front at the original dealer that the price was going to be MSRP- no surprises. My second dealer handled the overall process so completely and professionally that I recommended him to people here and on the "other" boards, and sold over a dozen cars for him to people here and "there" because of it.

In fact, he's still honoring $500 over invoice and/or GMS (employee) to people who buy from him mentioning one of the Camaro "sites". Apparently he had to drop honoring supplier because of the pricing changes Chevy has instituted to them on invoice pricing; we only see MSRP pricing and the only increase there to date has been the addition of the backup sensors. Apparently the gap from invoice to supplier has gotten to the point where it isn't a great deal for them to sell there anymore. Still, $500 over invoice vs. these asshats that are trying to sell with a 5-10k "market adjustment", is still a great deal at this point...

Back to the original question at hand... Great car, great experience, and great memories. Not too shabby.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 PM

I picked mine up this morning. I agree with the two dudes above me. Everything was as good as it could have been. If I hadn't stood around and gawked/chatted with the dealer staff, I could have been in and out with my car in literally 15 minutes. Plus, my mom wanted to come with me and take lots of pics, since she knew This has been a childhood dream car of mine.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM

One more update. Got my first ticket. It was back on the 12th. Got clocked doing 47 in a 45. State Patrolman told me he pulled me over for not having an In Transit. I had one in my front window. He gave me the oh. Well either, way, I;m just writing you a warning ticket. At the end of it all, he admitted that he wanted to take a closer look at the car! Commented, Sweet ride. I about fell out of the driver's seat!
BTW, he was driving a Dodge but whished he had a Camaro!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:32 AM

Mine was AWFUL!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by HeavyChevSS
Just bought a 2SS from John Trotto at Buff Whelan- they answered my questions quickly/completely and made me comfortable enough to fly from Tampa to Detroit to buy a car sight unseen. If your anything like my wife you have at least a half dozen but what ifs......questions...."

John had everything ready to go, I landed at 12:30, arrived at dealer at 1:15 and started my road trip home about 2:15pm. So far the Camaro machine has been fantastic- have one or two rattles to track down, papparazzi must have given up on Britney they're chasing me (the car- I'm ugly)

I'll give a full report after making the final 300 mile trip home tomorrow morning- hopefully without any more tix's
I just bought my LT1 RS from John last week. It was one that he had just received and was pretty much exactly what I would have bought if I ordered one. Couldn't be happier

Quick Reply: Is anyone happy with the experience?