2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Custom Color?? Round 2 . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Custom Color?? Round 2 . . .

Can anyone verify this or give me more info about this?
  • I was watching chopping Chop, Cut & Rebuild (Maybe it was Car Czar) and a '69 Z28 was rebuilt for auction in New Jersey. The Cowl Tag had --PAINT which they explained the meaning as 'Custom Paint' for that particular car. They went on to explain that with this Tag, the owner could order any color in the current GM Color Palette . . . they chose a dark blue metallic form the Cadillac Color Palette for this particular Z28 which made it a 1 of, very, very rare.

Now we have all seen Fleet Cars/Trucks that have come in colors other than the normal available colors so that got me to think . . . What if you could order Camaro's that way.

The next time I spoke to my Dealer, I asked if a Camaro could be ordered with a custom color and he relied sure . . . but it must be an order of 6 identically optioned cars for that to happen.

So yes, I should be able to get and ABM 2011 or any other color if I can convince the dealer to cooperate.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by VetteMark
Can anyone verify this or give me more info about this?
  • I was watching chopping Chop, Cut & Rebuild (Maybe it was Car Czar) and a '69 Z28 was rebuilt for auction in New Jersey. The Cowl Tag had --PAINT which they explained the meaning as 'Custom Paint' for that particular car. They went on to explain that with this Tag, the owner could order any color in the current GM Color Palette . . . they chose a dark blue metallic form the Cadillac Color Palette for this particular Z28 which made it a 1 of, very, very rare.

Now we have all seen Fleet Cars/Trucks that have come in colors other than the normal available colors so that got me to think . . . What if you could order Camaro's that way.

The next time I spoke to my Dealer, I asked if a Camaro could be ordered with a custom color and he relied sure . . . but it must be an order of 6 identically optioned cars for that to happen.

So yes, I should be able to get and ABM 2011 or any other color if I can convince the dealer to cooperate.
I'm not sure...but I doubt this is possible. I think its a process to switch colors that's why it is limited to so few colors...when we get a new color one is always axed.

I have a friend with a 69 Camaro painted hugger orange who is going to buy a Z28 when they come out. He wants to paint it the same color as his 69. He asked the dealer if he can have it NOT painted (primer only) and they told him they could....