2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"

….The “American Pride Camaro” represents America ….and our struggle for freedom throughout our country's history. America represents freedom and hope for people worldwide.

Starting at the Right Rear Quarter panel, we see George Washington and his army crossing the Delaware; a likeness of the U.S. Constitution. ("..We The People.....") -- and each conflict is depicted in amazing ways - ending at the left rear quarter panel where we see a soldier and his Hummer in Afghanistan. On the trunk: Arlington National Cemetery where a Soldier is 'crossing over' -- and being met by those who have crossed before him. This Camaro is not only a treasured work of art, it's a history lesson............

Our Freedom is the envy of the world….

but it did not come easy --

it did not come cheaply--

......and we did not attain it without so many making many, many sacrifices…..

Throughout history, other countries have called on America, through its armed services - to come to their rescue.

Many countries have remained free or have received freedom from America’s "peace through military strength" policy….

....and that’s what this Camaro honors.

We thank world renowned Artist Mickey Harris for his incredible artistry and imagination --

and our friends at Mountain Muscle Cars for their time and talents in bringing this Camaro to reality.

Here is a TENTATIVE list of Autoshows where "American Pride" will appear.........there will be many more appearances in the summer months -- not to mention next show season. We plan to keep this work of art for the forseeable future -- so that it can journey around our great country -- and that "We The People" can admire Mickey's artistry.

Anaheim, California Oct 7-10
Long Island, NY Oct 15-17
Miami, FL Nov 5-14
San Antonio, TX Nov 18-21
Orlando, FL Nov 25-28
Boston, MA Dec 1-5
San Diego Dec 29-Jan 2
San Jose Jan 6-9
Omaha Jan 20-23
Philadelphia, PA Jan 29-Feb 6
Chicago, IL Feb 11-20
Kansas City, MO Mar 2-6
Richmond, VA March 11-13
Fort Lauderdale, FL March 16-20
Denver, CO March 30-April 3
Dallas, TX April 6-10
New York April 22-May 1
Austin TX May 20-22
Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Beauty shot:
Attached Thumbnails Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american-pride.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Hood and Deck shots. (thank you, SSMike!)
Attached Thumbnails Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-ampride-hood.jpg   Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-ampridedeck.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Damn, that looks good. It sent a chill down my spine. It makes me proud to be an American for sure!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

This thing is literally a rolling masterpiece. Pictures don't do it justice, but I will see if I can post the ones I took of it.

BTW...I love the name of it!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM

Awesome.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 AM

it sure looks good in front of that black backdrop. really makes everything pop on it.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM

WOW, that is a lot of work and detail on that and looks great.

Wonder how long it took him.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Wow. Beautiful. As a servicemember and a Camaro enthusiast, I've got to say, that is quite amazing.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM

That's a nice looking car! But aren't you guys kind of ripping off the whole Dodge George Washington Liberty ads?
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

I myself don't see a "rip off" connection between a satirical commercial with George Washington and a Dodge Challenger and a Camaro with a custom patriotic paint job to honor American pride.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I myself don't see a "rip off" connection between a satirical commercial with George Washington and a Dodge Challenger and a Camaro with a custom patriotic paint job to honor American pride.
Well I didn't mean so much rip off as seeing a good idea that hsa become popular and going in that direction.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Being a Patriot and showing it is not a fad or a trend it has been in effect now for 234 years and counting ...

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE...THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS WILL PAY MOST OF YOUR SHARE.

Last edited by Vette Pro; 09-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM

The effort that went into this Camaro is incredible. The paint is gorgeous with the cues to past and present wars.

With that though I just don't think any special design, fancy graphics or paint work on a car can truly capture the bravery, loyalty and service put forth by the men and women of the armed services for what they've done for this country. THANK YOU to those who serve and those who have served.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

As promised, here are the shots that I took.

Some things to note...
  • This was hard to take photos of due to reflections of the parts in the Summit Racing showroom. Don't let that stop you from looking very closely at the details. Nearly every inch of this car is covered, and some of them are sort of hidden...you really have to study it. For example...on the driver side door, you can faintly see eagles in some of the explosions.
  • I believe that there are 38 total eagles on this car. Good luck finding them all. The wife and I tried for 20 minutes, and circled around the car 10 times and didn't find them all.
  • While the whole car is incredible, the trunk lid really gets to me (in the next post).
  • The photos start at the passenger side hood and work their way around the back and back to the front driver side.
  • You really, really need to see this car in person. No photo can capture it accurately. You have to experience it in person. See the schedule in the first post of this thread.

Keep scrolling for more pics...
Attached Thumbnails Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american_pride_camaro_1.jpg   Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american_pride_camaro_2.jpg   Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american_pride_camaro_3.jpg   Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american_pride_camaro_4.jpg   Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"-american_pride_camaro_5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"