2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Ambient Lighting

Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bryan2230
I do think the Blue ABL would look alot better than the one that was in the Silver SS. I saw red lighting & seats, but I was informed that it was only available in Orange & Blue. I guess that could be Orange.
it is orange. its called inferno orange metallic. the leather is the same thing. you get IOM lighting when you upgrade your interior to the IOM package. if it were red i would be all over it.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
No, but I've had a few loaners for Parades. I got to drive them for the weekend. Couldn't stop playing with the My Color. Love it. Just having the option to change the color of your interior lighting on a whim is awesome. Because I HATE the green that Ford uses on all of thier other cars. And for the record, I would ONLY own a Mustang if the Camaro and Challenger weren't around.
it get old after awhile....trust me. what really sucks is if your gauges are one color everything else is "ford green"....now if ALL of it changed then it would be cool.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:37 PM

It would be really cool if you could change the color of the ABL, (like My Color in the Mustang) but I love the blue in the concept art pic.
Name:  x10ar_ch032.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
it get old after awhile....trust me. what really sucks is if your gauges are one color everything else is "ford green"....now if ALL of it changed then it would be cool.
I see what you are saying, but at least you can change some of it away from that hideous Ford Green.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
riced up? you know that the camaro isnt the first to have ambient lighting right?? mercedes also has it. and last i checked mercedes wasnt really a "ricey" company.
No, they are more of a Bratworst company.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM

I see what you are saying, but at least you can change some of it away from that hideous Ford Green.
but that makes it worse believe it or not only cause you can change it to look cool and that ends up making the rest look real bad. i ended up putting it back to "ford green" so at least it all matched.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
but that makes it worse believe it or not only cause you can change it to look cool and that ends up making the rest look real bad. i ended up putting it back to "ford green" so at least it all matched.
huh, If I owned a Mustang, and had the 125 color options, Ford Green would be the LAST choice for me.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM

No, they are more of a Bratworst company.
id say more like a nice sirloin.....medium rare.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Disciple

the optional colors offered thru GMPP was discussed here as well:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...=629324&page=2
Old 02-25-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena
the optional colors offered thru GMPP was discussed here as well:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...=629324&page=2
I am still wondering if you were to install those colored door and dash panels, if the ABL would change color from the standard blue or orange colors. I know that there was some rumors that the blue color would change to a purplish color if the Victory Red panels were installed...but if you look closely at those GM press pics of the colored panels, it appears that the ABL pipes look to be above the panels, and not behind them. I guess we will find out soon enough. I actually like the standard silver ones that are part of the black leather interior.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I am still wondering if you were to install those colored door and dash panels, if the ABL would change color from the standard blue or orange colors. I know that there was some rumors that the blue color would change to a purplish color if the Victory Red panels were installed...but if you look closely at those GM press pics of the colored panels, it appears that the ABL pipes look to be above the panels, and not behind them. I guess we will find out soon enough. I actually like the standard silver ones that are part of the black leather interior.
The Camaros I have seen with ambient lighting are best described as a border design, not a backlight.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
West South Central Moderator

the ambient lighting on the S550 is one of the things that made my Dad want it so much. MB did a very good job with it. It is designed so that you don't see the lights, but there is light where you want it that does not distract the driver at all. The intensity/brightness of the lighting is also adjustable.

I should go over to my parents some night and make a video of the lighting.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
riced up? you know that the camaro isnt the first to have ambient lighting right?? mercedes also has it. and last i checked mercedes wasnt really a "ricey" company.
AHEM!
Originally posted by some cool guy:
"I like the lit up sill panel on the Mustang, but if the Camaro had that in additional to the ABL everyone will freak out about a rolling light show and how riced up it is."
Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM

It would be really cool if you could change the color of the ABL, (like My Color in the Mustang) but I love the blue in the concept art pic.
That would be a nice option. Maybe when the bugs get worked out, they can offer that as an MCE option.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
The Camaros I have seen with ambient lighting are best described as a border design, not a backlight.
That is what I thought. So if someone buys the colored trim kits, it would not change the color of the blue or orange ABL then? The VR ones might look good in my VR car, but I do really like the look of the standard silver ones!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ambient Lighting