2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Ambient Lighting

Ok so i have not heard anything in a while. So will the production camaro's have ambien't lighting or not?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Yes, it will. In the higher end trim models. 2LT and 2SS
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM

any pics of it on?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
any pics of it on?
No because every car that has had it and that the public has had access to has had the lit panels covered with opaque black cloth. GM doesn't want you to see it yet.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
No because every car that has had it and that the public has had access to has had the lit panels covered with opaque black cloth. GM doesn't want you to see it yet.
Not quite,.,.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=659481
Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM

yeah i saw that video of it. i think there is a video of the orange and the blue lighting. i can t wait to see it in person.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by F1GT
ah, I remember that video, but that was probably the first "get in" car with Ambiant Lighting, and since all the equipted cars have the black cloth hiding it. That car was probably the cause.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM

I just wonder if there are going to be any controls for the lighting by itself. It is fairly easy to get those lights to do a lot more than just glow. If not from the factory than at least they are in there and can be modded after that.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
ah, I remember that video, but that was probably the first "get in" car with Ambiant Lighting, and since all the equipted cars have the black cloth hiding it. That car was probably the cause.
Are you sure they were covered, or did they not have it and just had the regular panels in place? The best answer I've got so far is Scott saying not to read anything into it. Fair enough, but I begin to wonder. A little off topic, but I asked about the sport/comp and launch control feature and haven't received any kind of answer yet. All of those are "supposed" to be on the car. We'll see, I hope there aren't a whole lot of those 15,000 plus orders that are unhappy on delivery because the vehicle was marketed with certain features that aren't available and the price doesn't come down just a little.

Come on GM......I'm reserving judgement until production starts, don't let me down.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
Are you sure they were covered, or did they not have it and just had the regular panels in place? The best answer I've got so far is Scott saying not to read anything into it. Fair enough, but I begin to wonder. A little off topic, but I asked about the sport/comp and launch control feature and haven't received any kind of answer yet. All of those are "supposed" to be on the car. We'll see, I hope there aren't a whole lot of those 15,000 plus orders that are unhappy on delivery because the vehicle was marketed with certain features that aren't available and the price doesn't come down just a little.

Come on GM......I'm reserving judgement until production starts, don't let me down.
To my knowledge the door and dash panels are not supposed to be black cloth covered. They are plastic. Most likely silver unless you get beige interior or the IOM package.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon

ive been wondering about that launch control too. i hope its not just traction control.
ive asked about it before and for some reason it slips through the cracks.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 AM

I've heard they're still working on the ambient lighting. I would expect to see it. I think they're trying to iron out some bugs with the system .
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 AM

There hasn't been an official answer if the ABL will be ready when the orders get built yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:54 AM

I would assume if they are still ironing out the bugs that they can't make production on the first few models this close to go doing down the assembly line. We shall see, its a mystery!!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Well I guess its a good thing I have to wait (due to financial reasons). Because I really want ABL. (and a convertible, but may not be willing to wait THAT long)

Quick Reply: Ambient Lighting