2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all of the regulars of this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 AM

Re: To all of the regulars of this forum....

im a regular over at automotive forums, im a newb here... i never even heard of this place till someone posted a link over there..then i browsed for a while as a "guest" i saw you guys know your stuff..so dont smack us all down ( smack a few, of course) pat yourselves on the back
and like fs3800 said "not all newbies are newbies"
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM

Elitist? On this forum???

Next thing ya know, you will tell me the world is ROUND!!!!!

j/k Good point though... use patience with those who werent around when we covered... whatever it is we think we have covered... lol. Personally I think we have really just been treading water while waiting until now. Let the games begin!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jcrane88
then i browsed for a while as a "guest" i saw you guys know your stuff..so dont smack us all down
But you're the kind of person that is intelligent when dealing with car messageboards. You didn't (as far as I know) come over here and start random discussion about things that could've easily been learned if one were to just search or take awhile to read up on past discussions and whatnot.

It's not the fact that new people are coming to these boards, it's merely when they come with a picture of Kris Horton's rendering and claim to have found the 5th gen.

The search feature, or even just reading the first page of topics, if really all that is needed to become a useful entity in this forum.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 AM

I agree with Jason. This new car is going to be the equivalent of an established band putting out the best album of its career. This is going to be an exciting time for all Camaro fans, old and new. I can't wait to see the aftermarket jump on this car. Aftermarket support for the 4th gen was pretty good, but let's face it, it was nowhere's near the level of support that Mustangs and imports had and have.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 AM

I want to say hi to all here. I jsut started posting here but have been on this board as a member for several years and just read now and then as I am on many boards. I thank Jason for several years of always remembering my birthday each year. My post count on other boards is in the many thousands just don't have time for all boards as I also have my own club board to run. I just know alot of people here. You have always had a great board here and well run. Some of you here may have met me and others I hope to meet soon maybe somewhere. For several years now I have been the NC State rep. for Worldwide Camaro Club and have always heard nothing but good about this board. Keep up the good work we are all family even when we differ
Old 12-12-2005, 11:51 AM

I have no problem with informing the uninformed.

I do have a problem with people (usually newbies) that are too lazy to look past the first page to see if something has already been discussed, or who create a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed just because they want their comments on the first page.

I also miss the block user function we used to have on the old board.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM

Its nice to get a welcome to a board.

I came to this board a few months ago because of a link I found on another board regarding 5th gen stuff. I found so much good news about 5th gen information on here, that it quickly became one of my favorite sites.

Put it this way: I look to this site as the acid test for credible 5th gen info.

So while new to this particular board, I am not new to Chevy/Camaro/GM/Vette boards or posting in general. I've been a Camaro fan all of my life. I've owned 3 of them. Currently a Vette owner, but still keeping the hopeful eye for the new Camaro.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM

i lurked around this place for awhile before i signed up and started posting. alot of the "senoir" members were really cool and didn't give me alot of grief because i tried to get as much info as i could before i made a post in any thread.

i made a thread last night after seeing one to many "email me the pics" posts.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415219

i don't plan on flaming anyone that comes here and tries to get up to speed on what we all may already know. it's just the ones that make ridiculous statements and troll that are going to get shot down.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:05 PM

I think the fact that new members are in this forum and the renewed interest in the Camaro is good. I remember when the last Camaro rolled off the line in Aug 02 and there was the impending long long hiatis for the Camaro. We had the renewed interest and then the people went away. The die hards stayed here to debate and predict the return but most went on to other things and boards. But now they are back and so what if the topics and questions posed are old and well debated. We should add our .02 and maybe get some different opinions. To be honest this should all be new to many of us anyway. We could debate solid axle vs. IRS or LS2 vs LS1 or retro styling but now its here and we have information that wasn't here before. SO lets ge the debates going again thats why we have forums like this. Sure there are some topics I don't need to comment on and I don't. If you don't like it don't post. TO those new to this forum welcome!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Mike2001SS
I thank Jason for several years of always remembering my birthday each year.
Don't thank me, that is done automatically by the board software so I can't take credit for that.

Keep up the good work we are all family even when we differ
That's what it is all about.

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I also miss the block user function we used to have on the old board.
Click on the user title, select "View Public Profile". On the next screen, look for the "Add (user name) to Your Ignore List" link.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 PM

I agree with the earlier post that we need a sticky by one of the most knowladgable members in this forum.....with all the info that new comers need. That would show that we welcome their thoughts an opinions...AS long as they are informed ones that are offered in a constructive manner.

I may not have a lot of post, but I've been reading this board daily since Feb 05. Just learning, and trying not to make to many stupid statements.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
...one more thing...

If you guys think the wave of newbies is big now...just wait. There is a tidal wave coming, guaranteed. You are going to see this site explode like you never have before.

Again, please set an example.
Is this why the board went to a new host or sever? To have room for all the new members?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
Is this why the board went to a new host or sever? To have room for all the new members?
While we have expcted (and continue to expect) a whole new revlolution (no pun intended) with the new car, it was just time to upgrade.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied. I reread my original post and want to apologize to anyone who took that as me being angry(and it doesn't look like anyone has so far.) I didn't mean to come across that way. Just wanted to bring to the veterans attention that there is going to be alot more of the "newbie posts" with the 5th gen coming out. I guess I was a little afraid that it was going to go the route of some other message boards, where there were a select few that ran off most of the site's population. I don't see that happening here after reading your replies. So thanks again for your respect and maturity (sp?). I think this is exactly why I like this board so much.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM

Being a newbie isn't a problem, but bringing in the Lounge mentality, or just plain posting dumb*** remarks like the example in post #2, is what gets old, real quick. Everyone was a rookie once

Quick Reply: To all of the regulars of this forum....