2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all of the regulars of this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:30 AM

To all of the regulars of this forum....

First off I am not here to flame anyone or to single out any one person. However, with the release of the pictures there will be alot of "newbies" out there that are going to want to come and discuss what they saw. Since they haven't been in this forum posting everyday for the last x amount of years, they are certainly not going to be as educated as you. Much of this stuff is going to be new to them. I have been seeing alot of posts from the "veterans" that basically are talking down to the newbies. I do not think this is fair. If they want to discuss a topic that was debated a year ago then I think they should be able to do so without the "I debated that topic years ago, Newbie!" comments. You may have, but there are quite a few that haven't. Again I don't want to offend anyone and I respect those who have been here for a long time, but you are going to have to get used to the new guys rehashing (sp?) some old topics. All I ask is a little respect in return. If you don't want to discuss these topics then please don't post in them.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 AM

Re: To all of the regulars of this forum....

Save your smackdowns for fools like this....

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415091
Old 12-12-2005, 08:01 AM

rotfl. Ok, I guess there should be exceptions to the rule. I'm just glad that noone's tore into me yet.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 AM

Mature attitudes add to the forum,
Flaming and hard headed ignorance does not.

That’s my only beef with newbie’s. I fully welcome anyone who comes here to add to the discussion and have no problem explaining ideas we have talked about before if they ask nicely.

People who come in here to tell us how it is are not as welcome.

I’m not saying don’t have an opinion, but there are some things we have figured out.

Most of the “talking down” you have seen has been sarcasm/ jokes, or whatever.

You have to realize us dorks that are here everyday have acquired a lot of inside jokes.

Past that, I welcome everyone to the greatest car forum on the net.

Last edited by stars1010; 12-12-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 AM

Totally understandable.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 AM

But its so much fun to flame newbies.....

Old 12-12-2005, 08:47 AM

I wonder how many more people will post those pics in this forum.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Demonstrating an elitist or arrogant attitude toward new people is as unacceptable as new people acting like trolls.

Most people come here to learn. They eventually teach others who want to learn. That is the basic idea of any forum and copping the ol' "holier than thou" attitude serves no purpose if someone is genuinely new to this and just wants to be a part of things. Those who are veterans here, please set an example when applicable.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

...one more thing...

If you guys think the wave of newbies is big now...just wait. There is a tidal wave coming, guaranteed. You are going to see this site explode like you never have before.

Again, please set an example.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 AM

I like these boards.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 AM

heh.. just fyi, i may be a newbie to this board but i've been around on other boards for at least a couple of years now..

i've learned a lot about a lot over the past 3 years i've had my car, before then i was certainly not a car guy and knew nothing..

i just wish i could get some hands on experience rather than "book" knowledge.. circumstances do not allow it

just wanted to point out that not all "newbies" are necessarily newbies
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 AM

As a user who's been around for a long time...

I stopped browsing the forums on a regular basis back in about 2001. I had sold my IROC and bought my Mustang. I sold the Mustang and got my first LS1. I tried to get back into this site, but at the time, there seemed to be quite an abundance of ignoance, so I moved onto LS1tech.

It's funny now though that LS1tech is starting to harbor many of these newbs. I'm sure it's because as the price of the cars goes down, more and more people of many different types can get their hands on them. I guess that's just how things work.

If I happen to post something "stupid", don't just assume by my miniscule post count that I'm so new. I've been here for quite some time, but somewhere the post counts got screwed up (I had over 1k back in 01)... FWIW, I remember the days of CRKHEDMAT and the "secret" forum once you hit a certain number of posts
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 AM

What we need is a Sticky created by someone like Guy who will explain in detail whats been discussed and what hasn't and the overall consensus, followed up with what he knows about the program in detail. To many newbs are getting on here talking like they know all and they don't. A little maturaty on their part would help. It is annoying to get on here and have to search through the dribble just to find a good solid post from someone intelligent. I think this is why this area grew to what it is because it gave people in the know an outlet without all of the garbage that comes with other sites. Plain and simple we need a sticky post titled: "Before you post, read here first!!!" this should cut down on alot of the BS...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ADV1
"Before you post, read here first!!!" this should cut down on alot of the BS...
We have plenty of those on LS1tech. Still, most newbs don't pay attention.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by FS3800
heh.. just fyi, i may be a newbie to this board but i've been around on other boards for at least a couple of years now..

i've learned a lot about a lot over the past 3 years i've had my car, before then i was certainly not a car guy and knew nothing..

i just wish i could get some hands on experience rather than "book" knowledge.. circumstances do not allow it

just wanted to point out that not all "newbies" are necessarily newbies
Understood, but for the purposes of the subjectmatter in this particular forum you might know how to turn a wrench but you might not know squat about the latest news and inside info regarding the next Camaro. So a newbie in here isn't quite the same thing as a newbie to an F-body board in general.

I think we all try to be patient with the newbies, but its the ones that pop in with a post count of 10 and make a big grand post of what they know to be true (which is really way off) about the Camaro. This really gets to a lot of the regulars who are much more in-the-know.

I think if newbs come in with the attitude of reading and asking questions and getting up to speed there's not a problem. Newbs who have a friend who has a friend who asked a salesman at the Chevy dealer in podunkville USA who told them this and that aren't going to get a good reception here.

Camaro news rules:
1) Consider the source
2) heresay is worthless
3) read a few threads here first before posting anything
4) respect the fact there are people here that really do know what's going on inside GM but may not be able to give us the whole story

Quick Reply: To all of the regulars of this forum....