2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advertising....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Re: Advertising....

Originally Posted by AdioSS
you guys have to remember that by the time the camaro hits the streets, the Charger will be several years old.
The Challeger won't. What a war for sales it'll be.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 PM

As cool as these commecial ides are, I think you all are forgetting an importent part of advertising. The thing called product placement. When the new Camaro finally debuts, you should start to see it placed in all kinds of different venues. The tv show that's most popular in 09, the main character should be the owner of an 09 Camaro, it should appear in video games, in movies, and of course tv, and not necessarily as the star, just being there is enough to get people to think about it
Think things like that don't work, what happened to T/A sales after Smokey and the Bandit came out, they had some of the best (if not THE best) sales numbers of the 2nd gen series
Old 12-15-2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by RamAirBird2k2
Think things like that don't work, what happened to T/A sales after Smokey and the Bandit came out, they had some of the best (if not THE best) sales numbers of the 2nd gen series
So if this tactic really works, then I guess whenever people see 3rd-gen TA's, all they think about is David Hasselhoff and his huge 80's hair??
Old 12-15-2005, 08:43 AM

At the time Knight Rider was a popular show and Hassellhoff was considered a God to women.

So yeah, I bet that show drive Firebird sales big time.

It may seem cheesy now but at the time it worked. We need the same deal.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
At the time Knight Rider was a popular show and Hassellhoff was considered a God to women.

So yeah, I bet that show drive Firebird sales big time.

It may seem cheesy now but at the time it worked. We need the same deal.
Holy cow. A light just went off in my head.

David Hasselhoff is our Steve McQueen.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by JG/70Z

Yea...I guess :blah:
Old 12-16-2005, 03:56 PM

About the use of music, i like what dodge did with the charger commercials. It had a hiphop beat, and just gave the whole commerical a "hip" and "in" attitude.

GM has tradiationally used classic rock in their commericals. Do they need a change of scenery with camaro in terms of ad music? is something newer needed?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by JG/70Z

God help us, but its true....
Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gold_Rush
About the use of music, i like what dodge did with the charger commercials. It had a hiphop beat, and just gave the whole commerical a "hip" and "in" attitude.
I agree. The remix of that song was great in their commercials and really stood out.

I was sick of the led zepp song after the 2nd caddy comemrcial. Now's it's just annoying.

Anyone else see the commercial with the 2 Cobalts in a parking garage opening doors while pounding music? and the girls and guys are twirling and smiling at the end. Holy geez was that homosexual.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 PM

BUT, Burt Reynolds and David Hasselhoff were both in Firebirds, not Camaros. But I guess underneath it all, they're both F-body's.

I agree with the whole product placement deal. Get the Camaro exposed. The last time that I recall a Camaro being in a movie was in 2 Fast 2 Furious. Before that Richard Gere drove a pewter 4th gen Z28 convertible in Runaway Bride.

OMG!!! RICHARD GERE IS OUR STEVE MCQUEEN!

Mike G.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:46 PM

All joking aside, we don't have a Steve McQueen. We don't have a Dark Highland Green coupe with Americans and a 4 speed...converting rubber to blue smoke....as it screams through the streets of SF......chasing the bad guys....who BTW are in a mean looking black Charger.

I betcha I've seen that chase scene 75 times.....and it still gives me goosebumps.

Up till now, there is no market placement EVER done for the F-car that in any way, compares to what Mustang got out of that 9 minutes and 42 seconds....and WILL continue to get....forever.

Last edited by Z284ever; 12-16-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Honestly, I despise the use of "popular" music in ads because it is popular. I haven't see the dodge commercial, but if you're going to use hip hop, at least use something good, and not whats on the top 10 charts or the latest little jon single. If you're going to do that, why not have cameos by puff daddy in the commercials and throw in an *** and legs shots here and there to get the viewers' attention .

A good use of hip hop was for a car (don't remember which), was when they used "Dynamite!", by The Roots. Not only did it fit the commercial, but it sounded good.

Just use whatever fits. Whether it's classy or new and edgy, as long as it fits and sounds and looks GOOD with the commerical.

GM has tradiationally used classic rock in their commericals. Do they need a change of scenery with camaro in terms of ad music? is something newer needed?
Like a rock.....ooooooOOHhh like a rock. Da-na-naow-naow naow-naaoooowwah.

And about placement....

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Much of the Mustang's success is due to it's advertising, many of which before the car came out. The steve mcqueen commerical, the car everywhere i new t.v. series, even being available as a rental car, so much advertising it got annoying! But it was affective.
We need to match the mustang in those areas, AND do more.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 12-16-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Honestly, I despise the use of "popular" music in ads because it is popular. I haven't see the dodge commercial, but if you're going to use hip hop, at least use something good, and not whats on the top 10 charts or the latest little jon single. If you're going to do that, why not have cameos by puff daddy in the commercials and throw in an *** and legs shots here and there to get the viewers' attention .

A good use of hip hop was for a car (don't remember which), was when they used "Dynamite!", by The Roots. Not only did it fit the commercial, but it sounded good.

Just use whatever fits. Whether it's classy or new and edgy, as long as it fits and sounds and looks GOOD with the commerical.
I didn't mean "popular music" by popular artist. God, i'd never buy a 5th gen if anything from puffy or 50 was featured in the commercial. The charger featured someone i'm sure i've never head of. It was just nice, simple, and it fit the tone, image, and the attitude of the commerical really well. It just felt upbeat and full of attitude.

I just think the little stuff like music selection can go a long ways in how a product is viewed/recieved. GM seems to use classic rock alot which is fine, but I just thought maybe it was time they looked into a new direction as well. Especially if they want to reach out to the younger crowd. I'd like to see something more modern, edgy, and full of attitude.

It doesn't even have to be hiphop. I liked that Pontiac one (don't remember the band). The commerical i'm talking about is the one where the background is blacked out and pontiac was showing off blacked out solstices, g6 coupes, g6 sedans, torrent, etc... Song had like a techno tone to it. I just thought it fit in well with that specific commercial. So it doesn't even have to be hiphop.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:20 PM

Yea, I wasn't really coming down on your post, just going on a rant.

I Think I've seen that pontiac commerical too, it was good. And also one for just the G6, I loved that one.

One good ad campaign was the Scion commercials. They looked so awesome. The cars were shrouded, some looked kinda underwater with tubes comig out of it like it was a frankenstein monster, only to find that what was revealed was a miniature school bus. For me it failed right there, but the build up and the SFX were pretty cool, a lot of people want or own those low quality peices of **** now.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 PM

I didn't mean "popular music" by popular artist. God, i'd never buy a 5th gen if anything from puffy or 50 was featured in the commercial. The charger featured someone i'm sure i've never head of. It was just nice, simple, and it fit the tone, image, and the attitude of the commerical really well. It just felt upbeat and full of attitude.
Official response from Dodge about the music:

The Dodge music is a "mash-up" where we mixed the Nazareth "Hair of the
Dog" classic rock song with a new up-n-coming rap artist, Chris
Classic.
The Chris Classic song is "Live and Loose". At this time, the music is
not available for sales but may be available in the very near future.