2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Advertising....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Re: Advertising....

The best commercial is the FbodFather commercial:

Scene of Scott at a car show talking to a small crowd gathered round a covered car.

"It's gotta be faster than the competition. It's gotta handle better than the competition. It's gotta look better than the competition. It's flat out gotta be more fun to drive. All at a chevy price......"

The cover is removed and there is the 5th gen.

"We told you we would be there. We are and we did."
Old 12-11-2005, 07:13 PM

my first post..i have been browsing as a guest for a while
now thats the best i have heard yet
this is my idea anyway....alot like the graveyard one

At a car show. very quiet background music . with several bel airs chevelles (dead chevy's) with the hood up and plaques under the hood saying 19??-19?? (birth and death) then show a camaro (pick a year) with the plaque saying 1967-2002.....ground starts to shakes people look around..the plaque falls off the camaro.and you can hear tire peelin engines roaring... show all the smoke and the commotion.. but dont show the car...go to a black screen. Words can say "guess whos back?" then have the camaro script ( whatever the script syle will be this time) flickering on and off with the electrical "Buzzing"

Last edited by Jcrane88; 12-11-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
How many advertisements have you seen or read for the new Mustang that gave it a refined image? The last one I remember reading in a magazine said something about leadfoots yearning to be free.
Well for one thing the mustang doesn't have a negative stereotypical image it has to shake. It's the mustang, America loves it. This gives Ford the freedom to advertise it anyway they want. This is what the new Camaro needs more of.

A print Ad saying "Give us your untamed, your assertive, your leadfoots yearning to be free." is a far cry from a tv commercial with heavy metal music playing while a new Camaro does a burnout in a dark alley. Jesus, this isn't the way to introduce the new Camaro. If GM just wanted to target young gearheads who could afford a new car then they could run all the "badass" commercials they wanted. But not only do they have to compete for Mustang sales, they'll have to compete for challenger sales.

Personally, I like the idea of simple teaser commercials leading up to full length commercials as it's released.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Prominent Member

Sorry guys, I totallly missed this thread when I started mine...oops!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM

Here's my dumass idea (different from showing the performance)

You see three younger hackers in a basement. You see over their shoulders that they've hacked into GM. A computer screen with some technical specs and it says "GM performance coupe development specs" is clearly shown on the screen.

The stats are something like:

FWD
250HP V6
5 Speed Manual
$30,000
and some other insignificant details

And they start laughing, saying "do you think anyone will notice" and changing it to read something like:

RWD
400HP V8
6 Speed Manual
$28,000

The screen fades out to two them walking with a dealership in the background (subtitle says "later") with big posters in the dealer window that say "New 400HP Camaro Z/28, $28,000" As they are walking one of them says to the other, "Hey, did you year that Jimmy got busted for hacking into GM?"
Old 12-11-2005, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JG/70Z
Well for one thing the mustang doesn't have a negative stereotypical image it has to shake. It's the mustang, America loves it. This gives Ford the freedom to advertise it anyway they want. This is what the new Camaro needs more of.

A print Ad saying "Give us your untamed, your assertive, your leadfoots yearning to be free." is a far cry from a tv commercial with heavy metal music playing while a new Camaro does a burnout in a dark alley. Jesus, this isn't the way to introduce the new Camaro. If GM just wanted to target young gearheads who could afford a new car then they could run all the "badass" commercials they wanted. But not only do they have to compete for Mustang sales, they'll have to compete for challenger sales.

Personally, I like the idea of simple teaser commercials leading up to full length commercials as it's released.
I never said I would like a commercial with heavy metal music blaring and a Camaro doing a burnout. I believe I mentioned that I thought most of the ideas in this thread were less than stellar in a previous post. The Mustang not having a negative stereotype? It has just as much of a stereotype surrounding it as the Camaro does. The new Mustang doesn't sell on how much more "refined" it is, and the Camaro likely will not need to worry about making sales that way either. People buy cars like Camaros because they are fun cars, and advertising should reflect this. Its not a damn Lexus. Its a 21st century muscle car.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by WERM
"New 400HP Camaro Z/28, $28,000"
I hope the guys at GM think the way you do, because if the Challenger R/T hits the market with the power levels Chrysler has proposed, we are gonna need something like this (from a performance standpoint, before everyone jumps down my throats about the car needing to be a "complete package").
Old 12-12-2005, 12:02 AM

The Mustang not having a negative stereotype? It has just as much of a stereotype surrounding it as the Camaro does.
bull****. I don't know how many times I've heard peoples opinions on how f-body's are greasy/ white trash/ Italian Reeking Of Cologne, etc. Yes, i know there are those types around driving mustangs, but the f-bodies always reflected that image more. Why? The hell if I know.

The new Mustang doesn't sell on how much more "refined" it is, and the Camaro likely will not need to worry about making sales that way either. People buy cars like Camaros because they are fun cars, and advertising should reflect this. Its not a damn Lexus. Its a 21st century muscle car.
Your mixing up what I'm trying to get across. I'm saying the Camaro needs to present itself in a more refined way than the way people perceived it in the past. I'm not talking about the car being a luxury coupe, I'm talking about it's perceived image, which in the past, was not too great (mullet mobile).
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 AM

The stereotype was created by other car owners that couldn't stand that f-bodies always won. And the sterotype against mustangs are that they are slow =P.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 AM

bull****. I don't know how many times I've heard peoples opinions on how f-body's are greasy/ white trash/ Italian Reeking Of Cologne, etc. Yes, i know there are those types around driving mustangs, but the f-bodies always reflected that image more. Why? The hell if I know.
That image fits the 3rd gen, but I definelty don't agree that the 4th gen has that image. Stangers get called the same kind of redneck crap that F-Body drivers do, save for maybe the 3rd gens, who have too put up with the worst of it.

Your mixing up what I'm trying to get across. I'm saying the Camaro needs to present itself in a more refined way than the way people perceived it in the past. I'm not talking about the car being a luxury coupe, I'm talking about it's perceived image, which in the past, was not too great (mullet mobile).
Those 3rd gen mullet mobiles sold pretty damn well.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:11 AM

That image fits the 3rd gen, but I definelty don't agree that the 4th gen has that image. Stangers get called the same kind of redneck crap that F-Body drivers do, save for maybe the 3rd gens, who have too put up with the worst of it.
True story. The 4th gen doesn't carry the "mullet mobile" cliche, at least not even nearly as strong, as the 3rd. I hate it when people apply those stereotypes to my car too. Especially when they find out I'm asian.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 AM

No one said the Camaro was classy, but it could stand to have a more refined image like the new mustang. Macho man commercial's don't help in this respect.
What refined image? lol
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
What refined image? lol
Are you serious? You don't think Ford gave the new mustang a more upscale look versus the 2004 mustang? I thought that was common knowledge?

VS.

I'm not even going to post a comparison of the body styles, because I think everyone knows which one has a more classic look.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 AM

Those 3rd gen mullet mobiles sold pretty damn well.
The mullet mobile image might have been dumbed down from the 3rd/ late 2nd gen (disco babyyyy) era, but it did not go away. It's like a terrible stench that is not easy to get rid of.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:33 AM

While the Mustang's interior is much improved over last gens, its clearly not even near high quality. The very cheap looking corprate radio looks old already, and is getting older by teh sec. Looks even worse in the Fusion.
The "metalic" dash is one of the hardest, cheapest, and thinnest plastics I have ever tapped on in a modern car, and I do a lot of tapping.
Guages are very hard to read as well. Seats were ok, and they finaly put the shifter where you dont smash your knuckles into the center stack. The interior's saving grace is that its layed out pretty well.