2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advertising....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:42 PM

Re: Advertising....

i posted this back in July..........

no words, no type. just have a new mustang sitting at a light, 09 camaro pulls up next to it, and the guy in the stang just sits there and stares as the light turns green and the maro pulls away, then have people start honking at him. go to black screen, put a big red bowtie on it. the end.

how's that?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lions3
Something like starting with a serene interior shot of a guy in a business suit, sipping his coffee, listening quietly to some classical or jazz, calmly turning the wheel back and forth..And then the camera pulls to the exterior of the car, and he's doing some very trick driving, tires shredding, exhaust roaring. I dunno, something that you could see being made into a full length movie. Whatever it is, it better give me a boner.
OK, along those lines ... the business guy, sipping coffee, minding his own business at a red light. Up rolls a typical "punk" teenager in his "tuner" import. He looks over and smirks at our Camaro driver and revs his engine. Then show the import in the rear-view mirror of the Camaro, behind a cloud of smoke along with the sound of the V8 roaring and tires screaching .

Business and pleasure, all in one package .
Old 12-09-2005, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Works for the Mustang. I've seen more than one Mustang commercial centered around tire smoke and exhaust notes.
I honestly don't remember seeing any "badass" commercial's for the new mustang that would rival the old Trans Am commercials.
You can have a roaring V8 and screeching tires in a commercial and still have it be tasteful. Remember the Ford GT commercial, or the Bullit commercial? Those were exciting and tasteful.

Not all this Black Camaro in a dark alley revving and burning out trying to intimidate everything that walks the dark lord is your master hail Satan type stuff.

Would I think it's cool? sure, but almost to the point of being corny and emberassing me to drive my new Camaro cause it's the car of choice for the modern day mullet man.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JG/70Z
modern day mullet man.
LOL, I thought that title applied to Canadians in general, eh!

Go Avalanche, the second best thing I ever got from Quebec!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 AM

Ok, Another idea by me!

It starts off playing ac/dc "TNT" (great song for this car) and a tornado of fire, as the tornado starts to lift back up into the sky it leaves a bright red Camaro to drive off. Then the speaker says "Taking the world (or nation) by storm..."

Eh eh?? yea Im just brainstorming :P
Old 12-10-2005, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
That's really good, mine was a lot like that, only I think I like your "king" tagline better. Mine was:

A bunch of badge-less cars and their owners -- mustangs mostly, hanging out with a bunch of other cars, checking out eachothers engines, revving their very small, small-block V8's, when you hear a tremendous roar.

All the guys stop talking, all noises cease, even their engines cut out all at once and look towards where the sound came from (looking towards the camera). They look at eachother for a moment and it happens again, "vvvrrruummmmmm", they all stand back in reaction to the sound, cars with their hoods open immidiately shut.

The camera finally is pointed towards the direction they are looking at, and from a steamy, smokey alley, a car comes out of the smoke, but the camera snaps back to the men's faces right before the car is revealed. They are in shock and awe at what they see, only it is not revealed to the viewer.

Fade to white.

Text reads: "The Muscle Car Lives On....

10/16/09
" (random date, possibly a shadowy Camaro emblem in the background)

What do you think?

Thats a kick *** idea.

It would also be cool to mix maybe all the generations up. Like on a famous race track. Everytime it comes around a new corner it changes into the next generation or something. The background can even go from old timey black and white to current color. I think that would be cool.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 PM

But we also need more wide-based advertising, not just for us, for it to be successful.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 PM

How about this...

A business man walks out of his house and walks towards his spankin new Camaro. When he gets in and closes the door he has a flashback episode and all of the sudden he's sporting ripped jeans, a wife beater and a mullet. He starts the Camaro, revs it up, and burns out of the driveway while throwing a finished beer can out the window. As he's speeding away he flips the bird and yells "YEE HAWW!".

Seriously, if they do an all out advertising campaign revolved around the Camaro being the car of choice for Billy Badass it's going to stick the car with a negative stigma the last generation couldn't shake and we'll be back at square one.

The advertising should be exciting, but kept classy.
Although I think some of the ideas on here have been kind of stupid, when has the Camaro ever been classy? The last Trans Am commercial with the slogan "The Muscle Car Lives" was alright, it would be nice to see something like that in a Camaro commercial.

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Advertising will help (mainly by getting folks into the showroom), but it won't sustain sales. The car must sell itself in order to be a success.
That is kind of obvious, but it doesn't really pertain to this thread.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:09 PM

Some of you guys are retarded. I like NewbieWar's heritage-commercial idea. I'm not really fond of the shock-and-awe stuff because I see those ads in import tuner magazines. Some lame-*** slammed Civic with ridiculous fittings, a hot girl dry-humping said Civic, and a festival around the car gawking at it was the first thing on wheels they've ever seen. I mean, I don't read those mags all the time. Only when I'm done reading the HP Chevy/Pontiac and Hot Rodding mags at Barnes and Noble.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:07 PM

You read import mags, and you're calling us retarded?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:15 PM

I posted one of my ideas back in 2004 when we had a similair thread. Here are some more.

I definately think there should be at least one heritage commercial featuring all of the generations (not just the first).

I also think it would be cool to show a parking lot full of modified imports all standing around bragging about their cars. Then they all stop and watch as a new Camaro pulls in and parks. Cut back to the import drivers as they say to each other "well it's getting kind of late I better go home" and " Yeah mom gets mad if I'm home after 10". Cut to black with the script Camaro.

Another one that I thought they should show back in the 4th gen was Some a Camaro and a mustang pull up to a stop light . The light turns green and the two cars launch away from the light and the camaro morphs into the Camaro Funny car an blows the other car away. Cut back to the guy in the mustang shaking his head coming out of a dream. Show the back of the two cars as the mustangs turn signal comes on. ( the choice of the mustang here could actually be pretty dangerous as the Mustang Funny cars pretty regularly used to beat the Camaro's but any car will work)

Also a commercial where the Camaro is entering a series of turns and morphs into a trans-am car and cuts throught the turns engine roaring.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:19 PM

I read a few of them once in awhile. Some of them (Sport Compact Car) have some really good tech articles. Others (like SupeStreet) are just trash.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:55 AM

You'd be surprised at what you find in 'em. I'm always interested in what the "other side of the house" is up to. Every now and then I also like to take a peek at ClubSI and Honda-Tech's forums just to see what they're saying about us.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Although I think some of the ideas on here have been kind of stupid, when has the Camaro ever been classy?
No one said the Camaro was classy, but it could stand to have a more refined image like the new mustang. Macho man commercial's don't help in this respect.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:20 PM

No one said the Camaro was classy, but it could stand to have a more refined image like the new mustang. Macho man commercial's don't help in this respect.
How many advertisements have you seen or read for the new Mustang that gave it a refined image? The last one I remember reading in a magazine said something about leadfoots yearning to be free.