2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advertising....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:38 PM

Advertising....

I think that this vehicle can, in part, save GM. That said, it cannot be done with the advertising they have done in the past, or lack there of. It seems like GM likes its quality and performance to speak for itself, and while that has kept the company noble and honest, it just isn't enough to draw people in.

Much of the Mustang's success is due to it's advertising, many of which before the car came out. The steve mcqueen commerical, the car everywhere i new t.v. series, even being available as a rental car, so much advertising it got annoying! But it was affective.

So, how do you think they will do in the advertising department of the new Camaro? And/Or, what would you do if you had the power to control how the vehicle is advertised?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM

Re: Advertising....

It looks like GM is going to make a statement with this car. They need to, and that's why I think we'll see one of the biggest marketing programs to come out of GM. It will ne interesting to see what they do. Mustang has a lot of "special edition" cars...Mach 1, Cobra, Bullit and aftermarket Steedas, etc. I think it's obviuos we'll see a Z28 & an SS, but I don't think we'll have mre than 2 high HP cars to choose from, although it would be nice.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Here's an idea.....

Write your own Camaro commercial!!!! (maybe deserving of it's own thread?)
Old 12-09-2005, 12:02 PM

I'm really surprised no one else has contributed to this thread, I was going to post a little "teaser" commericial I wrote, but no one will read it.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 PM

"Grab life by the Horns... Camaro"

no that doesnt quite do it...

lets try again... Although I did like the "Camaro We'll be there" that i saw a few days ago...

I wouldnt mind seeing a commerical similar to the nissian comerical where you touched the car and the guy crushed the orange, but he got to see all the exciteable driving that the car has seen...

something, where on the quatermile drag strips... you can see it racing something... yet it flashes back and forth to show how civilized it can also be... and then maybe play the tunes of a ricer exhaust, then show the macho ls2 sound, then peeling out...

something that is like the H3 comercials where it is trying to be big and small at the same time... the camaro should seem civilized but still a muscle car...

I also liked the video of the Corvette and the SS trailblazer doing doughnuts together... that was pretty cool... it would be nice see a whole SS line up on TV and possibly show them all get into the gas similar to the mazda zoom zoom comercials where it shows all their models racing against eachother...

haha i got an idea, try to digitally modify the exhuast rev to say "CaMARo" at the end or something...

do comercials like the ls1 trans ams... those were awesome
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM

I think first off they should have big nasty(as in mean sounding) growl from the moter, but you cant see the car. The next scene should have a bunch of cars running/speeding away. And then it flashs back to a cloud of smoke and you hear the roar again then you see the headlight turn on. The screen then goes black and the words "The king has returned" then after that fades away the screen flash the bowtie and Z/28!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 93Zblack
I think first off they should have big nasty(as in mean sounding) growl from the moter, but you cant see the car. The next scene should have a bunch of cars running/speeding away. And then it flashs back to a cloud of smoke and you hear the roar again then you see the headlight turn on. The screen then goes black and the words "The king has returned" then after that fades away the screen flash the bowtie and Z/28!
i think GM needs to do a collective advertising campaign that doesnt debut the cars, but gives the customer an intruiging intrest to visit the dealership... because the TV wont give them what they want...

one of those... "to see the end, visit www.crash****avoidance.com" or something...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 PM

This is something that I have been thinking about for awhile now. Now that we know the car is a retro design, will the marketing team really try to play off this and relate the car back to the 60's and the "good ole days" and all of that, or are they going to try to say that here is the new and improved Camaro that is set to take on the world? I am sure they will try to play up the retro thing or else why would they have done the design this way in the first place? I am interested to see how they will try to present this design as something new and fresh and at the same time reason why they went the retro route.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 PM

Im going to be disappointed if I dont hear a mean exhaust note and some tires being 'heat tested'
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by 93Zblack
That's really good, mine was a lot like that, only I think I like your "king" tagline better. Mine was:

A bunch of badge-less cars and their owners -- mustangs mostly, hanging out with a bunch of other cars, checking out eachothers engines, revving their very small, small-block V8's, when you hear a tremendous roar.

All the guys stop talking, all noises cease, even their engines cut out all at once and look towards where the sound came from (looking towards the camera). They look at eachother for a moment and it happens again, "vvvrrruummmmmm", they all stand back in reaction to the sound, cars with their hoods open immidiately shut.

The camera finally is pointed towards the direction they are looking at, and from a steamy, smokey alley, a car comes out of the smoke, but the camera snaps back to the men's faces right before the car is revealed. They are in shock and awe at what they see, only it is not revealed to the viewer.

Fade to white.

Text reads: "The Muscle Car Lives On....

10/16/09
" (random date, possibly a shadowy Camaro emblem in the background)

What do you think?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:14 PM

haha i was thinking of doing a retro, or rather f-body rememberance comercial...

perhaps show a camaro of each generation... or show like a 67, then a 69 a couple from 2nd gen (that looked good or maybe just one) a couple 3rd gens a couple 4th gens... and go to show the new one...

okay, is it okay to say "badass" on a comercial? if it is... it would be a good word to use...

"This time, it's the meaner, faster, louder badass on the block... the king is back... camaro we'll be there"
Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
That's really good, mine was a lot like that, only I think I like your "king" tagline better. Mine was:

A bunch of badge-less cars and their owners -- mustangs mostly, hanging out with a bunch of other cars, checking out eachothers engines, revving their very small, small-block V8's, when you hear a tremendous roar.

All the guys stop talking, all noises cease, even their engines cut out all at once and look towards where the sound came from (looking towards the camera). They look at eachother for a moment and it happens again, "vvvrrruummmmmm", they all stand back in reaction to the sound, cars with their hoods open immidiately shut.

The camera finally is pointed towards the direction they are looking at, and from a steamy, smokey alley, a car comes out of the smoke, but the camera snaps back to the men's faces right before the car is revealed. They are in shock and awe at what they see, only it is not revealed to the viewer.

Fade to white.

Text reads: "The Muscle Car Lives On....

10/16/09
" (random date, possibly a shadowy Camaro emblem in the background)

What do you think?
I like it

There definitely needs to be a lot of revving, loping and tire smoke. I want to smell some fuggin exhaust fumes in my living room.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
I like it

There definitely needs to be a lot of revving, loping and tire smoke. I want to smell some fuggin exhaust fumes in my living room.

I agree... something that will make Mom in the kitchen stop paying attention to dinner and glance at the screen due to all of the ruckas... and in effort to spell ruckas right i looked it up... "n : the act of making a noisy disturbance"... I'd say thats what i want

make mom stop cookin dinner, make dad put down the newspaper,

do one of those intros that are silent, because they capture an audiance, then do a tire squeeling camshaft spinning exhaust flowing tune for 5 seconds or so... then let it go silent again with something to look at... and maybe rinse and repeat...
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM

How about this?

You see a cemetary with a bunch of tombstones sticking out of the ground. The camera shows one tombstone that says "Bel Air", then another that says "Nova", and one that says "Chevelle". Finally it goes to one that says "Camaro 1967-2002". While looking at that tombstone the ground starts to shake all around it. It looks like something's trying to rise from out the grave. You see headlights shining from out of the ground and you hear a deep revving exhaust. As the car is about to be shown, it cuts to a black screen you hear a voice say "Guess who's back?". You then see a red bowtie and one last rev to end the commercial.

I think it'd be cool. Kinda like a Camaro Resurrection!

Mike G.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 PM

I personally like having the "tease" factor. Leaves people saying "what the crap was that? I want to see more."