2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th gen focus group

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by HTWLSS
We currently have a '67, two 68's, a '90, a '98, a '99.
We have owned a '69 and a '72.

I'll do my best to represent.
i thought it was you going Terri lol congrats
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
i thought it was you going Terri lol congrats

Thanks. Between myself and Maggie (the other Oregonian chosen), we'll do our best to give a voice for the Pacific Northwest.

-Teri
Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 PM

Thanks. Between myself and Maggie (the other Oregonian chosen), we'll do our best to give a voice for the Pacific Northwest.

-Teri
yea I was kind of upset that no one from Wa is going but you are also a club member ( i think) SO I am glad someone is going from the nw lol
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
BBOMG Organizer

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Hey!!! I resemble that remark!

BTW, I love all generations, inspite of the fact that I own twice as many 1st gens than 4th gens.

My '69 freinds have a saying "There are only two types of Camaros - the 69 model and all the others...."
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Hylton
My '69 freinds have a saying "There are only two types of Camaros - the 69 model and all the others...."
Our '69 friends say the same thing!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 PM

Our '69 friends say the same thing!
That's sad. FWIW, I have always preferred the '67s and '68s over the '69s.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 PM

our current club president is a 69 person & our Activities director is a 67 man lol so you can imagen our newsletters lol
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

You bring up a good point that we talked about for quite some time...it was also important to pick people who understand all 4 gens.

There are a lot of people who feel that way about the 69 - and in fact I've received some criticizm that the concept needs to look more retro -- to which I usually say "Yes! and you're over 45 years of age!" -- and in nearly every instance, they are. Here's the rub: we need to pay close attention to the 18 to 40 year old.........I'm not saying we should ignore anyone over 40 (heck -- I'm well over 40.........in fact, not only am I pushing 55, but I may have bent hell outta it!)...........

The bottom line is that we spent a lot of time going over and over the essays -- this was not an easy thing to do (picking those who would represent all of you.....) but I must say that I think we got a very good representation.

In terms of the first gen: we have one guy who is an expert in 1st gens - and in fact serves as a judge on Legends Class at Carlisle - plus a few more that still own 1st gens.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Cool

The following chosen people for the focus group are very lucky. I think its wonderful GM is going through all the leaps and bounds plus some to make this the best Camaro ever. The new Camaro will be an excellent vehicle not only in terms of power, agility and looks but the fact that it will capture every aspect of what a Camaro is percieved as. Along with is I think the new Camaro has an opportunity to go into uncharted territory and capture some new buyers I.E. G35,350Z and S2000 guys. Anyhow I'am very glad to be part of this Camaro community even though I currently own a Mustang GT. I have had a passion for the Camaro for a longtime. Thanks alot Scott personally as you have really upped my passion in the Camaro and muscle cars in general. By the way if you need an "Extra" 16th member for the focus group Im here for you. Im right in Detroit conviently attending CCS for car/product design. Best regards-rob
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
You bring up a good point that we talked about for quite some time...it was also important to pick people who understand all 4 gens.

There are a lot of people who feel that way about the 69 - and in fact I've received some criticizm that the concept needs to look more retro -- to which I usually say "Yes! and you're over 45 years of age!" -- and in nearly every instance, they are. Here's the rub: we need to pay close attention to the 18 to 40 year old.........I'm not saying we should ignore anyone over 40 (heck -- I'm well over 40.........in fact, not only am I pushing 55, but I may have bent hell outta it!)...........

No you are not pushing 55 Scott lol if you are pushing 55 then I am pushing 35 lol.

the age group should have been 8months -99yrs old scott lol
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
All -- nothing I'd like better than to be able to hold many many focus groups on the new car. That, however, is just not practical. (there are only so many days until product launch.....)

Already I've received over three dozen 'volunteers' -- now...that certainly tells me of the passion you all share for the Camaro. Unfortunately, we've already selected a group of people from a very large pool.

We did not go out on the internet for an obvious reason - and that reason is the avalanche of emails that we'd receive. (again -- there are only so many days until product launch......)

so.......while I'm quite certain that there are many of you out there disappointed....I hope you'll also understand that we're quite busy-- but we felt that it was CRUCIAL to talk to long-time Fcar enthusiasts-- as well as a few 'younger' ones......

When you finally see who we talked to, I hope you'll see the balance that we tried to keep.

Meanwhile -- the future, indeed, looks bright!
If it wasnt for the 1st gen particularly the 69, and now the 5th gen, I wouldnt be a Camaro fan period...

Im 30
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Disciple

I'm not here on this board as often as most, ...I spend a lot of time over at ChirpThird, ...but also on Team Camaro and the Camaro Research Group (CRG).
While I would never claim to be an 'expert', ...I am involved with 1st gens with those that I have restored, currently own, ...and the judging at the Nationals.

I can say this, ...these are my favorite years:

...and (needless to say) they didn't always look like that...
http://photos.imageevent.com/hvclass...ze/My67004.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/hvclass...e/scan0005.jpg

I couldn't be happier that I was picked to be a part of the focus group.

Kevin
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by KevinK
I'm not here on this board as often as most, ...I spend a lot of time over at ChirpThird, ...but also on Team Camaro and the Camaro Research Group (CRG).
While I would never claim to be an 'expert', ...I am involved with 1st gens with those that I have restored, currently own, ...and the judging at the Nationals.

I can say this, ...these are my favorite years:

...and (needless to say) they didn't always look like that...
http://photos.imageevent.com/hvclass...ze/My67004.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/hvclass...e/scan0005.jpg

I couldn't be happier that I was picked to be a part of the focus group.

Kevin
I'm happy to see someone with similar tastes to me is involved. (The '67 Pace Car is my "Dream Camaro".)
Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by jg95z28
FWIW, I have always preferred the '67s and '68s over the '69s.
Same here (evident as to what's in our garage...'67 and '68's). I'm not necessarily a fan of the '69 or 5th Gen for its "gills", but I understand why it appeals to others. Not everyone likes the same thing and that's what makes life interesting. I still want to buy a 5th Gen and as long as I can fit in it easily (I'm only 5' tall), and the right color yellow (bright), it's a go for me!
We had to sell our '72 Z28 because I couldn't drive it....I couldn't push the clutch in all the way because of my short legs.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Disciple

My bias is to new, modern cars. The kind that one doesn't have to make any excuses for when when a "non-car person" is the passenger ... and that makes the others make excuses when their butt gets kicked on the autocross course.

Quick Reply: 5th gen focus group