2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2012 Convertible and the Dealers who will be selling them

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM

2012 Convertible and the Dealers who will be selling them

Now that lists are being taken here in the Twin Cities I have been talking to dealers about getting on a list and getting all the information taken care of ahead of time. I told them I am willing to get on the list and even put $500 down. I let them know that I will not pay more than $500 over invoice as that is what most dealers are doing currently on the Hard Top.
Here is the email I sent and his reply:

How much are you going to be selling them for? Currently you are selling hard tops at msrp. If you can get me a convertible for not more than 500 over invoice I'm in. Other dealers I have spoken with will sell for that.
Have you started a list yet? I'm looking for a 1ss in Red Jewel with an automatic black top and interior. I have a mint 95 Firebird Convertible I may be willing to trade if the price is right.

Jason

Dealers response:
As you know pricing has not been set on the convert and if a dealer has told you they will order at $500 over I'd guess that they will prioritize your order so that it takes over a year to get built. Demand will far exceed supply on this car and if you want to be one of the first in this market to own one I'm sure that the extra money, it's really not that much more, will justify taking delivery as soon as possible.
Yes we have started a list and at this point there is one other customer who will place an order as soon as it is possible and our Sold orders will take top priority. I will keep you in the loop and I'm always available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.

All the best,
Tony Higgins

Needless to say he lost a sale.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:03 PM

They'll sell you a car. They just want to see how far they can push you. I always buy my cars new, and whenever I buy a car, I'll send out 5-10 emails describing the EXACT car I want and the EXACT price I'll pay. If any of them give me BS, I stop communicating with them and concentrate on those who want to make a deal.

Works every time.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM

I've been doing that all day. Finally found a dealer who would guarantee $500 over invoice and put me on the list with a $200 100 percent refundable deposit should I back out. I can order it the way I want and all presold orders will go to the customers first. None will go on the show floor.
There is honest dealers out there who want our business and not just our money.
Thanks to Village Chevrolet
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 95birdible
I've been doing that all day. Finally found a dealer who would guarantee $500 over invoice and put me on the list with a $200 100 percent refundable deposit should I back out. I can order it the way I want and all presold orders will go to the customers first. None will go on the show floor.
There is honest dealers out there who want our business and not just our money.
Thanks to Village Chevrolet
I would wait until you have the car in your possession and the contract has been signed before you trust them too much .
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 AM

I was at a small Camaro only car show over the weekend and a bunch of us were standing around 'talking Camaros' when two 5th gen owners started talking about their experiences ordering and taking delivery of their 2010's.

The one guy had pretty good luck, the other guy had a problem with at least one dealer. Seems he had an 'agreement' to buy his car at sticker, but a short time before he was to take delivery, he gets a call from someone at the dealership informing him that the price was going up by $3,000. Of couse he starts saying stuff like we had a deal etc, but the guy on the phone doesn't seem to care too much. I believe he said the guy said something like 'that's where the market is at' and wouldn't take a dollar less than $3,000 over sticker. Well, this 5th gen owner tells the guy to take a hike and get's his Camaro somewhere else.

The thing to remember is, this guy thought he had a deal--he was wrong. My guess is the dealership had someone else willing to give them $5,000 or more for this guy's Camaro. There ARE good dealership's out there, but you have to look for them.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Refuse Camaro Markups!

If a dealer insists on placing a markup, or "Market Adjustment" cost on the vehicle then find another dealership to do business with. There are plenty of great Chevrolet dealers out there.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

If you don't have an agreement on paper, with a signature from the General Manager, you don't have a deal until you've actually bought the car.

There's really no reason to go in to a dealership in advance of GM actually taking orders on the car. Go in that day, first thing in the morning, and place your order. If you can get $500 over invoice, more power to you, but MSRP is fair. Nobody should pay more than that -- it's your own fault if you do.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 PM

Typical stealership BS...
Old 08-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Well I got my Convertible SS for invoice in writing from the GM of the automotive group he works for. He grew up down the street from me and we have been keeping in touch about things and cars. He pulled through for me.
Thanks Paul