2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2010 Camaro Production Car... In person

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM

2010 Camaro Production Car... In person

A customer from the shop I work at got a call yesterday from a GM rep telling him Chevrolet was having a meeting in the Charlotte Area and there would be a production car on display. This was not a publicized viewing, but anyone who walked through the building could see the car. There weren't very many major changes done from the concept to production, but after seeing the concept many times and finally seeing a production car, it looked GREAT!

Name:  IMG_2455_1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  64.1 KB

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little lazy and don't feel like uploading these pictures to another website, but you can see there here: 2010 Production Camaro
Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks for posting the pic and links to the rest of the pics. Looks to be a 1LT or 2LT and if I recall that's probably the first pics of the 19" Aluminum wheel.

It's defiantly been driven from the North from the pic of the bottom shows the telltale signs of salt.

I like it overall.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by TransAm99Chic
A customer from the shop I work at got a call yesterday from a GM rep telling him Chevrolet was having a meeting in the Charlotte Area and there would be a production car on display. This was not a publicized viewing, but anyone who walked through the building could see the car. There weren't very many major changes done from the concept to production, but after seeing the concept many times and finally seeing a production car, it looked GREAT!

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little lazy and don't feel like uploading these pictures to another website, but you can see there here: 2010 Production Camaro

Very cool! My dealer in Concord who I ordered my '10 SS from informed me about this last night. I was planning on going on to check it out this afternoon, but unfortunately somehting came up and I could go. Thanks for the pics, I am mad though that they had a Victory Red there, that is the color I ordered!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Looks to be a 1LT or 2LT
The pics that show the interior look like leather, so I'm going with 2LT.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 PM

It looks like the seat bolsters are leather (or vinyl) and the center sections are cloth.
And look at the dash trim (surround piece that flows from doors into dash). It appears to be cloth.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HuJass
It looks like the seat bolsters are leather (or vinyl) and the center sections are cloth.
And look at the dash trim (surround piece that flows from doors into dash). It appears to be cloth.
There's no cloth on the dash trim on any of the models, nor is there a leather+cloth option. You're seeing things.

I'm pretty sure the seats are all leather.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:42 AM

I could be seeing things WRT the seats.
However, I really do believe that the cloth seated cars will have a fabric on the door panels and the the dash and the leather seated cars will have hard plastic on the door panels and dash.

Take a look at these pics.
The first set are from a 1SS:

The second set are from a 2LT:

And I still can't figure out the gauge font differences. The 2LT has the narrow, tall numbers and the 1SS has the short fat numbers.
Do all the "2" trim levels have the tall narrow ones while the "1" trim levels have the short fat numbers?
Or do the V-8s get the short fat numbers and the V-6s get the tall narrow ones?
Or do the RS cars get the tall narrow numbers and the non-RS cars get the short fat ones?

I like the tall narrow ones better.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 AM

And take a look at the back rest portion of the passenger seat (3rd from last pic on 2nd page). Unless it's the pic, it really looks like there is a fabric on the center portion of the back rest.
IDK.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

thats kinda weird if they put fabric on the dash instead of the plastic. i thought they were all getting that.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

I suspect that the plastic on the dash is on the 2LT/2SS, as part of the ambient lighting setup. LS, 1LT, and 1SS, having no ambient lighting, can use the cheaper cloth.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I suspect that the plastic on the dash is on the 2LT/2SS, as part of the ambient lighting setup. LS, 1LT, and 1SS, having no ambient lighting, can use the cheaper cloth.
This is my assumption as well.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 AM

I personally liked the fabric pannels.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 AM

Just noticed the speedo with the tall #s is a auto and the one with the fat #s is a stick, could that be why the differance?? the short numbers have a inside ring with rpm markings
Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 AM

Are they letting you sit in the Camaro? I keep hearing these new seats are more comfortable than the Vette.....show me, don't tell me about it again Chevy!!!!! Enough of the concept Camaro that no one can sit in!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by hotdeal
Just noticed the speedo with the tall #s is a auto and the one with the fat #s is a stick, could that be why the differance?? the short numbers have a inside ring with rpm markings
Good question. That's a possibility. Nobody in the know seems to want to comment on it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Production Car... In person