2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2009 Auto Shows

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 AM

2009 Auto Shows

Should we expect to see anything new at the 2009 auto shows (NY,LA and other local auto shows), just a few months before production starts?

I wouldn't expect to be able to sit in one yet, but at least some different colors and/or stripe packages shown...
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 AM

I would love to know we can sit in the new Camaro in these 2009 Auto Shows. I want to check the seats out for comfort and leg room.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 AM

i would assume that by the time the NAIAS comes around in detroit, that we should be able to sit in one. i am so excited for that show. i love going up there.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
Should we expect to see anything new at the 2009 auto shows (NY,LA and other local auto shows), just a few months before production starts?

I wouldn't expect to be able to sit in one yet, but at least some different colors and/or stripe packages shown...
LA show was last month. Production prototype SS and the "Black" from SEMA was there along with the Volt, G8 ST. Plenty pf new vehicle introductions, too. New Mustang, Fusion, MKZ, Molan, Cube, 370Z, to name some.

You're in San Diego, and you missed the LA show???!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i would assume that by the time the NAIAS comes around in detroit, that we should be able to sit in one.
I wouldn't assume that.

i am so excited for that show. i love going up there.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM

why wouldnt you assume that? its the biggest show in the u.s. and its the last one right before production. and what better place to actually let people touch it than in detroit. the motor city.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

why wouldnt you assume that? its the biggest show in the u.s. and its the last one right before production. and what better place to actually let people touch it than in detroit. the motor city.
I wouldn't assume it because they're not running the production line yet. Whatever cars they have available were hand-built and therefore extremely expensive (and also extremely valuable as test vehicles), which makes me doubt that GM would be ready to subject one or more of them to the wear and tear of a public show. A few hours at a public show can absolutely destroy the interior of a vehicle. Do you want the people who come later in the day to see a Camaro with a torn-up interior?

Having said that, I think it would be awesome if they let the general public sit in one of the pre-production cars, for all of the reasons you said.

So, like I said, I wouldn't assume. I would (and do), however, hope.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I wouldn't assume it because they're not running the production line yet. Whatever cars they have available were hand-built and therefore extremely expensive (and also extremely valuable as test vehicles), which makes me doubt that GM would be ready to subject one or more of them to the wear and tear of a public show. A few hours at a public show can absolutely destroy the interior of a vehicle. Do you want the people who come later in the day to see a Camaro with a torn-up interior?

Having said that, I think it would be awesome if they let the general public sit in one of the pre-production cars, for all of the reasons you said.

You just haven't lived until you find a used diaper in a Z06 at a car show!

The vast majority of car show attendees are regular folks, there are, however, some true barbarians, and usually they bring their children who are barbarians in the making...

It can get even get "wierder" and worse, much worse.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-16-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Texhoss
I would love to know we can sit in the new Camaro in these 2009 Auto Shows. I want to check the seats out for comfort and leg room.
I sat in the IVER car at Indy.
Very roomy, very comfy. LOTS of front leg room. I'm 6'1" and I had to pull the seat up some. The car is wide. I was sitting in the car with someone else and was surprised to see the amount of distance between our shoulders.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb

extremely expensive...like all the test cars we see out running around? i would safely guess that they have run a few cars off the assembly line to do the test runs and hence the test cars we have seen driving. thats not just to drive around for the hell of it. thats to test the vehciles and the build quality off the line. and if the cars get that torn up why do they let people sit in them at all, knowing how crappy their going to look later in the day? they dont get that bad. ive gone on the last days of the show and the cars still look as good as new.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Texhoss
i sat in the yellow rs at indy and it was very comfortable. i dont remember too much because i was so star struck by seeing the car, but it did feel good.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 AM

i sat in the yellow rs at indy and it was very comfortable. i dont remember too much because i was so star struck by seeing the car, but it did feel good.
You sat in the yellow car?
You weren't supposed to. I'm surprised the big guy in the gray shirt didn't yell at you.
I gently touched the top of the door panel on the silver car and he yelled at me. And my cousin attempted to open the door of the yellow car and he got yelled at.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by HuJass
You sat in the yellow car?
You weren't supposed to. I'm surprised the big guy in the gray shirt didn't yell at you.
I gently touched the top of the door panel on the silver car and he yelled at me. And my cousin attempted to open the door of the yellow car and he got yelled at.
yeah. i got a picture of my buddy sitting in it too. the door was open and people were in it before me. i just hopped in. no one said a word.

whos the big guy in the grey shirt?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:26 PM

I guess he was security.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 PM

yeah. i got a picture of my buddy sitting in it too. the door was open and people were in it before me. i just hopped in. no one said a word.

I sat in the IVER as well...........it was a nice fit and I'm not a small guy either.

You were one of a few that got in the yellow car until Scott saw it and put a stop to it..........they finally strung string in the door opening of the silver SS to keep people from sitting in them. It was more for people to be able to get up close and check them out.........

The guy in the grey shirt is the man responsible for overseeing the cars to, and during the events when Scott's busy answering our questions which he always answers like it was the first time he heard it. He also wiped down all of the pace cars that were inside on display at Indy. Nice guy.....but I wouldn't want to **** him off.........someone else was getting ready to get in the yellow car and when he caught them and yelled at them, the guy about pulled out his back trying to stop in mid-motion...........

Quick Reply: 2009 Auto Shows