2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

"Camaro Complaint"

Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Arrow "Camaro Complaint"

Please read, I would like your opinion on the matter.

I usually do not have problems with people in general..
especially 5th Gen owners, as you know I all consider you my friends and family.
Recently there has been some "family" problems with ongoing disputes and controversy.

Some have complained and continued to do so about posting Camaro information in the forum.

The complaint originated because of reposts... I under stand no one likes reposting and it may be annoying? However I did have my reasons and in my defense...
Not all of the posts are the same..Yes I do usually post the same material on different pages. This allows me to out reach to a wider audience. Not all enthusiasts visit the same page.
I will agree that some have been repeated.. but as I stated I do have my reasons.

I reposted some videos for instance... such as the ride in the convertible because a majority of people may not have seen the original post. If it is something I feel is important or worthy to share with the community.. I may repost it. I understand that some of you may not this. For some one who missed the original post and gets to see if for the first time.. It may be great to them?
I think everyone should have the chance to see things like the Convertible sneak peek and hear Mr. Welburn's words.

The second complaint is that since I am friends on facebook with pretty much any and every Camaro/Chevy site when I share info on pages... peoples news feed gets cluttered.

I am sorry. Personally I dont see it as my wrong doing, that is not my intent... Like I also previously stated different enthusiasts visit different sites. Why is it fair for only half of them to get to enjoy something such as a sneak peek ride in the 2011 convertible?

Some people have told me I do not need to post on Chevy pages... as one person put it....

"Chris, I've been a GM enthusiast my whole life...and something I've had to learn over the years is that I don't work for them. I don't work for their PR team or their social media team. Sometimes I have to remind myself that whenever I start running intense damage control for the company when people disagree with a decision GM made.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that GM's social media teams will take care of things like this...trust me. I was on a focus group for Chevrolet in September and use of Facebook was a big part of what we discussed. It's not necessary to post it to GM's Facebook wall or the Camaro's official Facebook or Chevrolet's. The fan pages for the individual forums may be a different story, but even then there is a large amount of crossover between the forums. "

I disagree. I would imagine That GM would disagree with him as well... being is a "focus group" im surprised he would say something such as that. Yes, GM will make their own posts on their pages... I understand this. Why wouldnt they want people to talk about it? I would imagine they would want people to share it...There is no way that GM would be able to outreach to everyone in their target audience. If people share information, spread the word...a wider audience can be addressed. Its called networking.

If something as insignificant as a news feed is going to cause problems, im not sure what to say to that... Remove the news feed? Dont read the post? or although.. i would hate to lose Camaro friends.. remove me from your friends list.
I will be taking the courtesy of removing some of you myself.

I understand I do not work for GM. I would love to and maybe someday I can.
Until then.. I really only have one that thing to say.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I respect that.. however it doesnt mean I am going to change how I feel or think. I like sharing all the info I can with my brothers and sisters. They deserve to enjoy it just as much as the next person.

Thanks for listening, love you guys!

Christopher James Tribuzzo

This originated on facebook but It does involve the forums as well... although it may be indirectly.
Its not only on the Facebook pages which i feel makes it relevant but... the same principle applies regarding the sharing of info on different media sites...

For instance I posted this on more than one forum... not everyone reads the same forum but I feel it would be appropriate to share it with everyone. But this is exactly what people complain about.

Also... This did not start after Detroit... I posted the same things well before!!! that is in fact hoe i ended up getting such opportunities that I have had.

Im not sorry for sharing.

Last edited by 20TEN_SS; 02-08-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Re: "Camaro Complaint"

I thought the whole point of the Camaro forums was to talk about how we feel about the camaro and to share info when we have it. You are right, some people are on only one or two sites. I am on about 20 different ones. yes sometimes I do see reposts but hey it happens.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

I didn't notice too much of a complaint here, if there was and I missed it, point me in the right direction.

Otherwise, I am sort of confused. People are visiting the same sites you do and see your posts in more than one place? How is that even a problem? The only alternative is to not post at all, and that isn't exactly the point to being a Camaro enthusiast. Some people seem to take the slant that you need to "pick a side" and only post on one site. That just comes down to personal preference so ignore them. I for one have seen your posts in many places, and as long as you aren't being the classic "post *****", I am glad that you are sharing with everyone. That's the point!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I didn't notice too much of a complaint here, if there was and I missed it, point me in the right direction.

Otherwise, I am sort of confused. People are visiting the same sites you do and see your posts in more than one place? How is that even a problem? The only alternative is to not post at all, and that isn't exactly the point to being a Camaro enthusiast. Some people seem to take the slant that you need to "pick a side" and only post on one site. That just comes down to personal preference so ignore them. I for one have seen your posts in many places, and as long as you aren't being the classic "post *****", I am glad that you are sharing with everyone. That's the point!!
This originated on facebook but It does involve the forums as well... although it may be indirectly.
Its not only on the Facebook pages which i feel makes it relevant but... the same principle applies regarding the sharing of info on different media sites...

For instance I posted this on more than one forum... not everyone reads the same forum but I feel it would be appropriate to share it with everyone. But this is exactly what people complain about.

Also... This did not start after Detroit... I posted the same things well before!!! that is in fact hoe i ended up getting such opportunities that I have had.

Im not sorry for sharing.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 AM

its the internet. do whatever you want. this doesnt need to be a big deal. post what you wanna post and lets move onto some camaro talk.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
its the internet. do whatever you want. this doesnt need to be a big deal. post what you wanna post and lets move onto some camaro talk.
Exactly. There's always drama and people trying to make it. I bypass it and move on. This isn't Days of Our Lives.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Wait... let me get this straight... someone complained because people are multi-posting on Facebook? Seriously?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM

one of the things i learned about the internet....not everyone will agree with you and not everyone will like you. you gotta have tough skin. kinda makes you wonder about all the BS celebs go through.....
Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM

yeah saw this same post over on the other Camaro forums.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by STOCK1SC
yeah saw this same post over on the other Camaro forums.
That's what you get for going to other Camaro forums.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM

What?... wait... there are other Camaro forums?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM

haha this may be true...

and something like this shouldnt be an issue but it came to the point where I was getting nasty messages and people were writing on my wall..
I just find it kind of ridiculous i guess? lol

just wanted to share my thoughts since it is Camaro related.. thats how it all started.. because I reposted pictures.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Well the one I'm referring to isn't exactly that great, after selling the LS1 this is the only Camaro board I'm still a member on. The other forum I saw this posted on is unfortunately usually filled with threads about how many looks their car got that day and what fashion mods should I do next.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

I was just being ironic, guys. See my post earlier in the thread before if you didn't notice.

However, we are glad you like it here. We work hard for that to happen.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Don't sweat it Chris. I would however recommend you call into the Podcast with your stories and/or questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Camaro Complaint"