2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

* * Back Up Sensors - NOW CONFIRMED! * *

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM

are you really trying to find a job in 10 miles from where you live? where do you live NYC? do you know how long it takes to drive 10 miles? ill bet less than 10 minutes.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

What's next? A speed warning when you exceed 70 mph?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
****, why didnt htey just call it the new cadillac camaro? all the amenities and features plus the look make it a cadillac, there is nothing chevy but the motor and bowtie.
Weak. So what would you like GM to remove from the Camaro to make it more of a Chevy? I enjoy most of those features and like that they are at least available. Would I buy all of them, no, but at least the choice is there. It's the way cars are going now. Look at the competition and I'm sure that you'll find that many of these same features are available through them as well. I'd rather the Camaro be competitive in areas other than just performance than have people not buy the car because they can't find options that they'd like, but can find them at Ford or Dodge, not to mention the other more upscale companies GM was said to be targeting during development.

The backup sensor to me sounds like a good idea, because like it or not the view out the back isn't that great. It isn't terrible, and I'm used to it because it is similar to the first gen cars, but the view could be better.

Last edited by 69Camaro327; 08-28-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Not all Camaro owners will want it, such as myself. However...you gotta think about automotive competition in the marketplace. Some people don't want them...but they still compare with other makes/models anyway and it can sway the buyer's decision. The auto industry is fiercely competitive that way.
Very good point,
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 69Camaro327
Weak. So what would you like GM to remove from the Camaro to make it more of a Chevy? I enjoy most of those features and like that they are at least available. Would I buy all of them, no, but at least the choice is there. It's the way cars are going now. Look at the competition and I'm sure that you'll find that many of these same features are available through them as well. I'd rather the Camaro be competitive in areas other than just performance than have people not buy the car because they can't find options that they'd like, but can find them at Ford or Dodge, not to mention the other more upscale companies GM was said to be targeting during development.

The backup sensor to me sounds like a good idea, because like it or not the view out the back isn't that great. It isn't terrible, and I'm used to it because it is similar to the first gen cars, but the view could be better.

that's not what camaro is. camaro is not technical gadgets like ipod adaptors, multi-colored backlit gauges, backup sensors...

why not be the leader in hybrid sportscars? why no diesel option? fuel mileage is important to many more buyers than technical aspects like backup sensors, lane change guidance crap, pre-braking? wtf is pre-braking?

camaro is no longer an affordable sports car. its a caddilac with a bowtie.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
What's next? A speed warning when you exceed 70 mph?
My GTO has that. However, you can set the speed to whatever you want. I have mine set at at about 110 mph if I remember correctly. I never even come close to that.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Disciple

that's not what camaro is.

That was then, this is now. The automotive industry is evolving and to stay viable, GM has to stay competitive and keep up with the technology and "gadgets".
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM

that's not what camaro is. camaro is not technical gadgets like ipod adaptors, multi-colored backlit gauges, backup sensors...

why not be the leader in hybrid sportscars? why no diesel option? fuel mileage is important to many more buyers than technical aspects like backup sensors, lane change guidance crap, pre-braking? wtf is pre-braking?

camaro is no longer an affordable sports car. its a caddilac with a bowtie.

This:
Originally Posted by JasonD
Not all Camaro owners will want it, such as myself. However...you gotta think about automotive competition in the marketplace. Some people don't want them...but they still compare with other makes/models anyway and it can sway the buyer's decision. The auto industry is fiercely competitive that way.
and this:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS
That was then, this is now. The automotive industry is evolving and to stay viable, GM has to stay competitive and keep up with the technology and "gadgets".
are the reasons why. What is so bad about keeping the car relevant and on par or above the competition? The car is still a good bang for the buck as well. There aren't a whole lot of cars at the Camaro's pricepoint that offer the same blend of performance and amenities.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Prominent Member

Boy, it sure takes a lot to keep today's "driver's" entertained.......what ever happened to the love of driving?

Gadget for this, gadget for that....no wonder cars weigh so much...no wonder they design them for the average idiot....

I know, I know...I'm in the minority....it's just sad that the p*ssification of America continues.......
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Boy, it sure takes a lot to keep today's "driver's" entertained.......what ever happened to the love of driving?
Amen! Heck I have not had a radio in my 95 Z/28 for two years now. When I drive it (at least twice a week) its for the enjoyment of driving.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Oh goody.......another tool for morons who can't drive to "keep them safe".........uuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhh.......try turning your heads idiots.........
Do you have x-ray vision? You can't see the things these sensors are there to warn you about.

I'd rather have a backup camera than backup sensors (with a nice display that doubles as navigation and the stereo and HVAC controls), but I can't afford a new car at all (not even a Tata Nano ), so I suppose my opinion doesn't matter.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Do you have x-ray vision? You can't see the things these sensors are there to warn you about.

I'd rather have a backup camera than backup sensors (with a nice display that doubles as navigation and the stereo and HVAC controls), but I can't afford a new car at all (not even a Tata Nano ), so I suppose my opinion doesn't matter.
No, I still have the ability to use my mirrors and turn my head....simple really.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM

and I have the ability to use an old mechanical push mower to cut my lawn, but I use a gas powered one instead. I guess making your life easier = p*ssification. People should be able to park and backup without the sensors, but if they make it easier to do so where is the harm.

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Amen! Heck I have not had a radio in my 95 Z/28 for two years now. When I drive it (at least twice a week) its for the enjoyment of driving.
What about the Tahoe? You have to remember that for a lot of people a new Camaro will have to be a daily driver. Its a lot different when its your only car than when its a 14 year old toy that you take out on occasion.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

No, I still have the ability to use my mirrors and turn my head....simple really.
You can see 8" behind the center of your rear bumper by using your mirrors and/or turning your head?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
You can see 8" behind the center of your rear bumper by using your mirrors and/or turning your head?
I can park either end of my C5 within 6" of any object without mirrors or help.....call me weird, but I know where the ends of my vehicles are.....

Quick Reply: * * Back Up Sensors - NOW CONFIRMED! * *