Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 2010 - 2014 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro Forums > 2010 - 2014 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory TSBs

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #1

What is the bolt pattern size for the new Camaro?

Just curious if these 5th gen wheels are a different bolt pattern than 3rd and 4th gens? Would make a nice upgrade for the older f-bodies.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
Admin Emeritus

Garage
I am not expecting it to be the same as before. Take a look at a C6 or a G8, they might be similar or the same as each other I am thinking that they might be on the Camaro as well. Just a guess.
JasonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
I am not expecting it to be the same as before. Take a look at a C6 or a G8, they might be similar or the same as each other I am thinking that they might be on the Camaro as well. Just a guess.
C6 wheels pretty much bolt right up to a 4th gen, don't they (based on the sticky in the Wheels and Tires forum)? Minus a little grinding on the inner hub, that is.

Edit: Although, I have not seen any 4th gens with GTO wheels....
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokuzumi View Post
Edit: Although, I have not seen any 4th gens with GTO wheels....
I don't think it is possible. Not necessarily the bolt pattern, but the offset. I'd like to see what someone with more knowledge on the subject know about it.

Also, see this blog entry.
http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/blogs/jasond-1186/43-what-i-dont-like-about-2010-camaro-one-disciples-point-view/
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #5

I am pretty certain the pattern will be the same as the G8. If so there should be plenty of wheel options for those who want something different. I beleive the pattern is the same as the 3 series BMW. If I am correct the pattern will be 5-120

Last edited by Pruettfan; 07-28-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #6

GTO wheels work on 4th gens just fine. You just need to dremel the hub a little bit. The guy who bought my original GTO wheels has them on his TA. Said it took all of 10 minutes to do for all 4 wheels.

The difference in bolt pattern is about the width of a hair. GTO's have been using 4th gen and Vette wheels for quite awhile.
RobsWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsWS6 View Post
GTO wheels work on 4th gens just fine. You just need to dremel the hub a little bit. The guy who bought my original GTO wheels has them on his TA. Said it took all of 10 minutes to do for all 4 wheels.

The difference in bolt pattern is about the width of a hair. GTO's have been using 4th gen and Vette wheels for quite awhile.
Cool! What about the offset? Does it look weird?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
Cool! What about the offset? Does it look weird?
Fit wise, it wasn't bad at all. Look wise, I didn't like it. Of course I didn't like the stock 17" wheels on a GTO either.

Stock WS6 wheels fit perfectly on the back of the GTO. The offset is about as perfect as you can get. But you can't run them on the front as they will hit the strut assembly. I had pics of them on almost 4 years ago. Somebody did have 2 WS6 wheels narrowed an inch and it worked out great.

There are a few people that run 16" F-Body wheels without problems.
RobsWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM

Reply Post New Thread