2010 - 2015 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Discussion for 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels | Tires | Brakes | Suspension

Video of Camaro on test Track with Xa's, fr, radius rod bushings, and 275's

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:50 PM

Video of Camaro on test Track with Xa's, fr, radius rod bushings, and 275's

Why Pedders Is Different

This is where a number of early Xa coilovers are going. We are working with a great TEAM of people building Camaro SuperCars. We test with them for no other reason than we miscalculated and waited on a SEMA car. We did make it to the Final round, but came up just short. That left us waiting for a retail Camaro, but our builders have them so this is what we do with them.

The video will be processed by YouTube shortly. It will be a HD quality video when fully processed. Let it cache as it makes the vehicle look slow until the download has been one once. This Camaro has ONLY Xa coilovers, radius rod bushes and a special alignment. It is set rather low. It did pull more than 1G on the road course. It is not completely sorted out. We will tweak one or tow more things and then we will be next to perfect.

I can't say who or where, but I really want to thank them for allowing me to participate in their two day testing session. I am not easy to work with. I like it my way, because it is the right way. THANKS GUYS!!! You were all AWESOME!!!!

As soon as they give me a green light, I'll let you know who and where.
This is an important function of our responsibilities to the performance communities and just the guys who want their ride to be better. The processes for setting up a vehicle for maximum handling under a race track environment, which can be very similar to running the twisties or having to make a very serious emergency maneuver, are immense and start of by installing your suspension, safety checking, tires and tire pressures, then corner balancing. The corner balancing process allows you to adjust load on all 4 corners of the car, which can be challenging when turbos, and superchargers are install. Even some wild stereo systems can have influence. So the desired balance is obtained, then a prescribed alignment is performed. Then the testing begins! In our test on the yellow car and our tests this February described in our thread titled Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day, had professional drivers that seriously know the difference between 3 sections of a turn, and can tell the differences between minute changes. The goal is if we can satisfy a professional driver, then someone who is a “weekend warrior” will have a tried and true product! That is what we do. We did it at the New Jersey event, we did it at Autobahn with Nickey of Chicago, and we did the first round at on the you tube track. Now once we were done, the pro driver said we were a 9 out of 10, but Pete was still not 100% content. We know there are going to be a fast array of tires and wheel sizes, plus vast differences between systems installed, from just coilovers, to all out Track II systems. We will be continuing refining the setup and then we will do it again. We have multiple sessions schedule and will test at Bondurant with a different configuration with wheels and tires. In between, Pete will be doing his own thing with his personal Camaro.

With the LX, we have done system testing in New Jersey, and took the Arrington Engines 300c to a .99g on a 200 ft skid pad. This was attained with 2 different drivers. Plus on the track, both of our pro drivers had lap times .8 seconds slower the GTA corvette qualifying time and all with stock tires and wheels. Oh, I forgot to mention she has a complete Pedders Track II system with one of Arrington Engines custom built 426 HEMI. Unfortunately she had stock brakes and even worse stock tires!!! We did not have our Xa coil overs for the LX completed to test them there. But we are working on getting them tested now on a LX with Track II currently.

We monitor our systems and input from customers completely, and in the past have made and will continue to make enhancements that we feel are required. We talk the talk and walk the walk and many times work to 2 to 3am in the morning to assure our products meet your expectations, which are higher than our customers!

Thanks
Mike
dms
Old 07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

Oh my....that is really...really something!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Those aren't the stock SS wheels... maybe the dealer-installed 21" ones though. What tires is it wearing?

And do I hear the roar of an aftermarket exhaust and the faint whine of a supercharger?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Those aren't the stock SS wheels... maybe the dealer-installed 21" ones though. What tires is it wearing?

And do I hear the roar of an aftermarket exhaust and the faint whine of a supercharger?
They are 3 piece 20s' light weight by HRE, has a blower, not sure about the exhaust. But she kicks butt on the corners!

mike
dms
Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DMS
They are 3 piece 20s' light weight by HRE, has a blower, not sure about the exhaust. But she kicks butt on the corners!

mike
dms
Great! Any specs on the blower?

You didn't mention tires. Are those the stock Pirellis?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Great! Any specs on the blower?

You didn't mention tires. Are those the stock Pirellis?
I will be able to disclose a lot very soon.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM

that thing sounded mean! and it definately had a whine to it. very cool video. cant wait for my Xa's.