2010 - 2015 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Discussion for 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels | Tires | Brakes | Suspension

Pedderized WD40/SEMA.ORG Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 AM

Pedderized WD40/SEMA.ORG Camaro!

WD-40/SEMA Cares 2010 Camaro SS/RS and
Pedders

The Mission
Pedders has always supported great child assistance organization like St. Judes Children's Hospital and Make a Wish foundation. When we heard of this opportunity to be part of this great build, that will generate a huge amount of money for Childhelp thru he SEMA Cares Foundation, we were really happy to be part of it. The 2009 WD-40 Camaro will be presented to SEMA for the purposes of generating funds for Charity, the SEMA Cares Foundation (Childhelp). It will attend SEMA 2009 in a Optimum Placement position to generate media attention for our sponsors as well as generate interest in the Barrett Jackson Auction in January when it goes over the block to benefit Childhelp!

Preliminary Attendance for the Car:

Saturday August 1, 2009 SEMA Show and Shine Car Show and Pine Wood Drag Races to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center. All proceeds are going to Childhelp- a home for abused and high risk children and VictoryJunction a camp for children with life threatening diseases.

SEMA09, Las Vegas Nevada November 3-6 in the GM Booth

Los Angeles International Auto Show 2009: GM Booth

Barrett Jackson West World, Scottsdale Arizona: January 17-24, 2010

Camaro's Preliminary Upgrades
Street Scene Equipment: Ground Effects
Hood/Decklid: Siebon/Nuformz
Art and Graphics: APE Wraps
SuperCharger: Paxton/Vortek
Interior: Katzkin
Sound System: Eclipse Manufacturer
Sound System Installation: Audio Innovations
Headers: Hedman
Exhaust System: DynoMax-Tenneco Automotive
Custom Paint: L&G San Dimas
Wheels: ForgeLine
Suspension is Pedders of course!

We are honored to be the first to add our suspension upgrades. Initially the vehicle will be displayed with OE wheels. Dave Schard, Mark Schetter, and the rest of the outstanding crew at ForgeLine are hard at work making a set of 20 inch custom wheels to support 275s up front and the monster 315s in the rear. So stay tuned for more info and pictures to come.

I flew down to my friend Mike Haddad, at Haddad Motor Sports in Inglewood. Mike is a well known tuner, and performance shop, not to mention a long time Pedders Dealer. He has a Camaro on order. He has already done Maggies on the Camaro and dyno tuning. Call Mike and find out how bad the OE air filter is! Mike is in Inglewood, in Southern California, and has one of the best alignment racks in the country!

We will be installing our famous Pedders eXtreme XA coil overs, a new product, our front racing radius rod bushing inserts, and our killer rear eccentric bolt kit.

Front Radius Rod inserts

Rear Pedders Toe Adjusters

Rear Pedders Camber Adjusters

mike
dms
Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 AM

Part 2

We had a photographer documenting the install and it will appear in several magazines. We installed our Pedders eXtreme Xa Coil overs, front radius rod stiffeners, and rear Pedders performance eccentrics.
THIS IS A PICTURE OF OUR FRONT RADIUS ROD BUSHING STIFFENERS

FRONT RADIUS ROD STIFFENERS INSTALLED

We actually make 3 opportunities to enhance your OE front radius rod:
a. Stiffener with OE thickness...... GOOD.....
b. Stiffener with extended thickness for road racing.....BETTER.....
c HD complete front radius rod.....BEST.....

REAR HD PEDDERS ECCENTRICS THAT ADDS MORE ADJUSTABILITY AND HIGHER CAMBERS AND TOES

Our Pedders rear eccentrics added 1.0 degrees to the OE adjustability for camber. Our Pedders rear Zeta adjusters are SERIOUSLY stronger than OE and come with a lifetime warranty.

Now the Camaro. We dropped the Camaro 2+ inches front and rear with a moderate aggressive setting on the dampers. Here are some pictures:

Now the top of the tire tread is equal to the top of the fender. . The ride quality is outstanding since height is independent of travel on our eXtreme Xa's.

Mike Haddad is a very accomplished driver and runs the canyons at a very aggressive speed in the LA area. We set the alignments at a moderately aggressive level, but still streetable. Mike Haddad was impressed when he took the Camaro out that it had understeer when wanted, yet had the right amount of oversteer so he could steer with the throttle.

At 2 plus inches of drop, you do need to take precautions on in/out of drveways. But street driving. she drives like a dream with tons of comfort, but off the charts imporvements in handling.

I did have the time and opportunity to check a couple of thinks:

1. We can get the Xas adjusted to approx. 1/2 inch higher than OEs. This is important to know since a lot of wheels will be installed that will not be the correct offsets and lifting will be required for drag racing as well as improving tire clearances
2. At least on this Camaro, we were able to get the rear OE 9.5 wheels with 275s to fit the fronts with -1.0 degrees negative camber

Any questions, just ask

thanks
mike
dms

Last edited by DMS Motorsports; 08-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:10 PM

love that color.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Pedders did the drop on the WD40 Camaro. I think we were the first to actually get the vehicle. Here is a after picture:

We just got confirmation today a nice article will appear in Restyling magazine about the WD40 Camaro and the install procedure we did with our Pedders Xa eXtreme Coil Overs, front radius rod stiffeners, and rear Eccentric Adjusters.

The WD40 Camaro will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson in January, and all the money will go to SEMA.Org's foundation that will give the money to very needy organizations that will support very needy kids.

Here is a rendering of what she will look like when completed:

thanks
mike
dms
Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by DMS
The WD40 Camaro will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson in January, and all the money will go to SEMA.Org's foundation that will give the money to very needy organizations that will support very needy kids.
I'm a needy kid who needs a camaro, want to help me out?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:53 AM

Are you old enough to remember these Camaros, or were you still in Diapers?

Being a very long time roadrace fan, even before I could drive, I was really attracked to the color scheme of the WD40/SEMA Camaro. See the picture below

So I kept thinking I have seen this before, but old age was kicking in. Then with the help of another memember, Speed Kills, he found it. The Penske Camaros. If I remembered, they totally dominated from 1967 thru 1969 Here are some pictures I found on the internet to show all of you to enjoy.
Penske 1967 Camaro drivne by Mark Donahue

[img]http://forums.peddersusa.com/imagehosting/74a8f9cdfdd78e.jpg[/

img]http://forums.peddersusa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1647

1969 Penske Camaro driven by Mark Donahue

thanks
mike
dms
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Well she is complete and introduced to the world at sema

The WD40 Camaro is complete and was introduced to the press and the world this week. To bring everyone up to spec, the WD 40 is a major undertaking among lots of upper end accessary manufacturers. the WD40 Camaro will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson this january and all the proceeds will go to the SEMA non profit organization that will be donating all the money to 2 non profit children's organization. This is truly a great charity.

I have posted the install of the Pedders system already. Here are some pictures of the unveiling and its completion:

Here is what this great ride looked like after we upgraded the suspension"

She is blown!!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:40 PM

The WD40 girl with Pete

the REALLY big Boob" in the picture, is me. LOL

Mike Haddad and the WD40 girl.

this is Will Wit, one of our SERIOUSLY premiere dealers in Michigan

gain, it was an honor working with the dozens and dozens of manufacturers who really cared and offered to instal their componetns as well as donating their parts.

thanks to all

mike
dms