2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

Info on my L99 Tune from Vector Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thumbs up Info on my L99 Tune from Vector Motorsports

I have been getting a lot of questions about the tune that is on my 2010 L99 Camaro.

Some background:
I have worked with Vector Motorsports for quite a few years now. They have done work for me in the past and I used their tune on my 2007 Trailblazer SS. I have always been very happy with the results.

I started working with Vector Motorsports again last summer on the 2010 Camaro L99 tune and mine was the car that was used by them to develop it.

Previous Links about it:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=688686
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=716252

And of course, they also did the install of my Magnacharger, Borla headers/exhaust, etc.So here's some more info provided by Kirk @ Vector about their 2010 Camaro tune...

1. All of our calibrations are developed on multiple vehicles on our in house Mustang Chassis Dynamometer. Extensive road testing is also performed to ensure excellent drivability. A properly tuned car will never need to have the ECM fuse pulled for best performance!

2. We design EXACT calibrations for YOUR modifications. We have tested and developed calibrations for the Roto-Fab, Hennessy, New Era OTR, ADM & Air Raid CAI’s. Every one of these intakes takes a different calibration to get the most out of them. We will continue to test new CAI’s as we can get them. The two Vararams are next. All have been tested on both the LS3 and the L99.

3. All the intakes above have also been tested and calibrated with both the Kooks and the ARH headers, catted & off-road. Again on both the LS3 and L99.

4. Expert L99 transmission support that is second to none. We have access to more parameters than any other tuning software. All shift and brake torque management is in the Transmission controller. You know that feeling of the car shutting off between shifts? That is Torque Management. Unlike others we can control Torque Management by Normal/Sport/Manual mode.

Here is a sample of our Stage 2 TCM calibration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKt40BOUQOM

5. Updates are free as long as you own your car. Period. Decide you want headers in two years? You will have a new file within 24 hours.

6. Customer support. Our staff is always ready to help any of our customers out. Again, check the G8 boards and you will see our customer support is second to none.

7. We have been tuning LSX vehicles for 10 years. That is all we do. We have tuned well over 1200 LSX cars and trucks on our chassis dyno (it has over 20,000 miles on it) and have mail order and PowerFlash tuned well over 1000 2006 and newer vehicles. We have tuned 64 2010 Camaros to date with excellent results!

Quick word about our PowerFlash system -

1. Our PowerFlash system is an interface that you keep. Using a laptop computer you can read and write files to your ECM and TCM (L99). You can return to stock when you like.

2, There is a full function scanner program that comes with the PowerFlash. You can record data, or just watch it. You can also read and clear engine codes. If you do record data there is an Excel macro built into the scanner program that will import the data into Excel and lay it out in an easy to read format.
No, that is not my Camaro in the YouTube video above, but I am definitely happy with the Vector L99 trans cal. That alone made a HUGE difference. Of course, the power tuning is killer as well.

I am not done with working with Vector on the car, keep an eye on my 2010 Camaro Project Blog for updates!

Give them a call if you are looking for more info or want to get the tune from them. http://www.vectormotorsports.com. Tell them I sent you!