2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

ARH headers.LS3

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:25 AM

Question ARH headers.LS3

I've seen lots of people on various sites go with the ARH L/T system and say or show nothing of just axle back. I just received the headers and understand that high flow cat and X pipe are included. Question is, is an axle back adequate or is the full cat back the way to go. Looking at the system and photos it seems people are doing the cat back first and buying these headers and having extra tube not used witch equals money spent on unnecessary pipe. Are there any gaps with axle back and ARH headers during install?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by salty krisp
Question is, is an axle back adequate or is the full cat back the way to go. Looking at the system and photos it seems people are doing the cat back first and buying these headers and having extra tube not used witch equals money spent on unnecessary pipe. Are there any gaps with axle back and ARH headers during install?
Yeah, the way things are set up between manufactuers, it seems you will have an extra pipe.

Go with the parts that work best with each other, I myself would let the guy installing it make the determination...which isn't me.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:40 AM

Yeah I'm going out on a limb and going with the SlP exhaust with square tips. I pieced together my long tubes and almost seems if I have the 3in connecting flanges on the axle back it should work. I’ll post my findings when I have them mounted together, just wish I could find a lift for rent in Connecticut, would save me some cash.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

Cool, let us know how that works out.