2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Zero to 60 in......

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
i was obviously talking about the IRS architecture since the subject was wheel hop.
Camaro does not have the G8 IRS setup.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I doesn't? It sure looked like it to me.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I doesn't? It sure looked like it to me.
From page 2

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
You're right!

...and the Camaro is not 'essentially the same' as the G8 -- (unless we're talking generalities such as 'rear wheel drive' and "independent rear suspension"......
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn 97 Z28 M6
From page 2
that really doesn't say much at all.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM

that really doesn't say much at all.
It says that G8 IRS is NOT the same as the camaro IRS..

How much more simpler can it be stated...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
care to elaborate what is so different?

all i've heard so far for this zeta variant is how they moved the rear forward some and are playing with the bushings/shocks.

if it's a completely different set up from the G8 that they restarted from scratch from the ground up, i'd be surprised.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
It says that G8 IRS is NOT the same as the camaro IRS..

How much more simpler can it be stated...
he didn't say that at all.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM

he didn't say that at all.
If the geometry is different or the parts are different.. then its different and you cant assume that they will react the same..

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out.. But apparently it does to explain it to you..
Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
If the geometry is different or the parts are different.. then its different and you cant assume that they will react the same..

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out.. But apparently it does to explain it to you..
actually with it being a variant of a previous underpinning, it is likely to assume most of the same characteristics. that's not that hard to grasp either.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
actually with it being a variant of a previous underpinning, it is likely to assume most of the same characteristics. that's not that hard to grasp either.
Then why would they change anything if in the end it's only going to perform "mostly the same" way it did before they started??
That is hard to grasp.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Then why would they change anything if in the end it's only going to perform "mostly the same" way it did before they started??
That is hard to grasp.
your getting bent out of shape over nothing. and your "mostly the same" shouldn't be quoted because NOBODY said "mostly the same". its a fake *** quote.

what was stated earlier by TrickStang was an easy to read statement about how the G8 has wheel hop problems at above stock HP levels and how it will be interesting on what the car ends up like seeing as how the IRS in the camaro, judging from pictures released, isn't looking to be an all new, different set up from the G8.

im sure the camaro wont have wheel hop such as the g8 doesn't have wheel hop - at stock levels. but above stock it can be and will be interesting to see if it does.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
your getting bent out of shape over nothing. and your "mostly the same" shouldn't be quoted because NOBODY said "mostly the same". its a fake *** quote.

what was stated earlier by TrickStang was an easy to read statement about how the G8 has wheel hop problems at above stock HP levels and how it will be interesting on what the car ends up like seeing as how the IRS in the camaro, judging from pictures released, isn't looking to be an all new, different set up from the G8.

im sure the camaro wont have wheel hop such as the g8 doesn't have wheel hop - at stock levels. but above stock it can be and will be interesting to see if it does.
Guess I hit a nerve. I'm just fine, quite amused actually but fine none the less. I think you realized just how silly your prior statement was and now "you're" the one bent out of shape. Go back and re-read what you stated and quit wasting my time.

We have a Camaro team member from GM stating the G8 and Camaro have a different IRS. We don't know what is different but if anything is then why would the comparison to the G8 continue. But please keep defending Trick's point as I'm sure it's a prerequisite to stay in the fan club.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Guess I hit a nerve. I'm just fine, quite amused actually but fine none the less. I think you realized just how silly your prior statement was and now "you're" the one bent out of shape. Go back and re-read what you stated and quit wasting my time.

We have a Camaro team member from GM stating the G8 and Camaro have a different IRS. We don't know what is different but if anything is then why would the comparison to the G8 continue. But please keep defending Trick's point as I'm sure it's a prerequisite to stay in the fan club.
It's really funny how personal you take everything camaro

Especially when you get called out on your faulty posts
Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 AM

*CJ pops in, looks around, sees childish tit for tatting, gets hit in the head by a paper airplane and quietly ducks back out*
I think I stepped into a kindergarden class, I thought this was the Camaro forum.
Until someone gets the new Camaro up on a rack with a pair of calipers to measure the differences or similarities of the IRS of the Camaro and G8, I think I'll take Fbodfather's word for it. And since GM is offering performance upgrades for the Camaro, I trust that power can be added within reason without wheel hop.
Now everyone take a time out and cool off.
In a few months we can all test drive the new Camaro and see if it has wheel hop or not. And since the CTS-V and Z06 both have IRS perhaps there is some hope.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:35 PM

It's really funny how personal you take everything camaro

Especially when you get called out on your faulty posts
How sweet did you come in to defend your fellow Ford fan boy’s honor or was it just your turn to post?

You have had two posts from a person who does know and another in the know that the G8 IRS is not the same as the one to be used in the Camaro. We do not know what was changed and what effect it will have on wheel hop. That will remain to be seen. However unfortunately for you and your friend it pokes a major hole in your loosely backed hypothesis that the two IRS units are the same and thus subject to the same tendencies. But by all means keep lashing out at us because you were found to be wrong.

Quick Reply: Zero to 60 in......