2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

WOW !!!! info released today..............

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM

HA HA! Man, just watched the Edmunds video...Wow. That car looks badazz! Now just gotta get the Vette paid off...
Old 07-19-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ed 2001 SS
Looks like an iPod dock in the center console to go with the 5.1 surround.
If that is an iPod dock right in front of the shifter, I'd be as happy as a pig in sh... Well you get the idea.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chevys
3750 is fat for a v8 let alone a v6/ If that is the case the v8 will be a pig. Shame on you Scott. Keep the faith my ***. What an overgrown pig. Pony boy my *** when the the 5.0 hits the streets. You will eat your words. What a letdown. The camaro has been out for three friggen years because of the fear of rejection. Im not impressed.

I will wait till Monday but im not impressed. You may eat your wrods this time with the Mustang and I love the small block chevy. Im sick about the weight. You guys screwed up. Im holding out until its all official of course but its kinda obvious.

Crap.
Scott already explained in another thread why the Camaro would weigh more. It has more good stuff in it.

If the Camaro is too much of a "pig" for you go buy a Mustang. Hope you enjoy staring at the 5th gen's tail lights.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:23 AM

Dude what? Im only realistic. Scott is not God. The fat *** camaro is perfect as to why he is not.
No he's not God. No you're not being realistic. And no the Camaro is not perfect to back that statement up. Wanna know why? Because He didn't build it: No one person did. So...try again.

I like the car. Im a chevy fan and love the small block chevy but damit it so heavy. Why??? Im just sick about the weight. Scott can blow it off all he wants but its a screw up and he know it.
If you look up a few things, read the boards, or take some time to actually think about the "why", you'll understand; it's not that hard. But if you just see it and automatically complain, you'll never understand "why". "Screw up" is for the buyers, and reviewers to decide. What you assert is a guess....

Im driving a Ford now and will look hard at them come next purchase along with the Gm offering but weight does matter. Im not putting up with a company that cant do any better than this. I like the car but what a pig.
Good luck on your next purchase. Weight does matter, but weight cannot be helped in large part due to safety regs (there's one reason "why"). If you're looking for an inexpensive featherweight that actually performs...you're probably not going to find a modern car that fits the profile.

Wait until Monday. Wait until performance numbers are released. WAIT until you test-drive one. Weight is not the be-all and end-all of a car's merit. This Camaro should ride like a dream; not withstanding the "what-ifs" about what the car "could have been".

Last edited by Dragoneye; 07-19-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 AM

Excellent. Breath taking. Great job, GM.

Now if we could find out the specs for the Aussie version, we might be a step closer... to being a step closer!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 AM

The Edmonds video says the RS Package is an appearance deal with HID's, 20" wheels and spoiler....and it can come with both the V6 car, and the SS. My guess is these pictures are of loaded up cars that will run $27-$30K irregardless of price. If you want a stripper $20K V6 car, you will have ugly headlights, no spoiler, 17"s, and decontented interior.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:47 AM

I'm curious; How much do you guys think the RS package might run for?

Last edited by Dragoneye; 07-19-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:52 AM

STUNNING!!!!

Inside and out.

Love the tight gap between the dash and doors. The door treatment that carries into the dash is spectacular. Helps bring the whole look together. Considering I did not care for the interior retro theme....in finished form it all works great as a whole.

SPECTACULAR!!!!

Challenger who?
Old 07-19-2008, 01:57 AM

3750 is fat for a v8 let alone a v6/ If that is the case the v8 will be a pig. Shame on you Scott. Keep the faith my ***. What an overgrown pig. Pony boy my *** when the the 5.0 hits the streets. You will eat your words. What a letdown. The camaro has been out for three friggen years because of the fear of rejection. Im not impressed.

I will wait till Monday but im not impressed. You may eat your wrods this time with the Mustang and I love the small block chevy. Im sick about the weight. You guys screwed up. Im holding out until its all official of course but its kinda obvious.

Crap.
By God you're right! That's not the Camaro we know and love. If the REAL Camaro were here, it'd consume the Mustangs with fireballs from its eyes, and bolts of lightning from its ****!

[/sarcasm and William Wallace]
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 AM

It's.... beautiful.....

The only thing that would discourage me is if AFM is a manditory function like the current Impala SS...

Other than that, I am sold.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by mvnatedog
It looks like a camera. Maybe for a HUD? Active Cruise Control?
Targeting system for the 30mm machine guns...

Originally Posted by Jason Dove
I don't understand why you'd have the cruise settings on the wheel and again on the left stick... If the set/clr there is in regards to the display panel, then why would you put the display panel stuff along with the turn signal?
That's kind of what I was getting at. But there are some odd placement of things here. The hazard and door lock buttons among other things, but nothing I can't get used to REAL quick.

Originally Posted by 305fan
I call BS on the "LS" and "LT"--those designations don't belong a Camaro
Agreed, the RS is a dead giveaway on that one.

Originally Posted by summerkc
So whats the area to the immediate left of the 12V recepticle? Please tell me it is for an mp3 player.
Don't think so. If you look REAL close at the hi res pics, it looks like there's an emblem resembling traction control.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:08 AM

....absolutely freaking LOVE IT!!

Like someone else said http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...topanel..1.*#5 has a video of it AND a few details I haven't read in the other articles (not sure how accurate though of course).

It also has a few pics I haven't seen....SCROLL DOWN to the bottom and check out the body, drive train, air bag & rear suspension shots.....interesting stuff.

ESPECIALLY THE TRUE DUALS WITH "X" PIPE

What also caught my attention was "Also on the table is a version of the Camaro with the Corvette's self-adjusting dampers with Magnetic Ride Control." That, the exhaust, and the staggered half-shafts (if true) tells me that GM really "sweated the details" and did this car right.

Now if we only had info/pics on the Z28
Old 07-19-2008, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by mvnatedog
I was just going to say this, the display says fuel economy, but the readout is in L/100 KM which is a measure of consumption (inverse of economy).
Ill bet there is something in front of that L we cant see

My guess is that it tells you how many gal or liters are left in the tank and how many miles or km you can go with that much.

so it'll be something like 5.8L/100km (random number inserted)
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM

SRC=Single Refracting Camera

That is in fact a camera in the grille for spotting HP's hiding in the bushes.

Anyone know what the Liscense plate means? It could just be random but Who knows?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon

Don't think so. If you look REAL close at the hi res pics, it looks like there's an emblem resembling traction control.
THATS what it is. Couldn't figure it out. I got $20 says ther is no mp3 hook up. My dad's new chevy truck is the same way, has a CD/AUX button but no actual AUX hookups. Stupid XM.

Quick Reply: WOW !!!! info released today..............