2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

WOW !!!! info released today..............

Old 07-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Looks MUCH better without the odd "hood scoop" that was placed atop the front fascia on the concept. However, since many spy shots have shown that scoop as well, I fear that the six cylinder cars will not have the scoop (good), while the V8s will have it (bad) to distinguish them.

If the six has 296 hp, it is going to rock. I just spent a few days in a Malibu LTZ rental car with the 252 hp V6 and six speed auto. That car was pretty damn quick.

My other fear: 3747 lbs is porky, but not shockingly so. That is, IF that applies to a well equipped V8 model. If that is the weight for a stripper V6 car, I'm concerned about the weight of a well-optioned SS...

Also, and this may have been covered in other posts (I don't come in this section of the site regularly), is there not going to be a "NAV" option? Personally I couldn't care less; I think they are overpriced and screw up the looks of dashboards; portable units are just fine for me. BUT, lots of NAV addicts seem to think a car is worthless without it. What is the little lid-looking section at the top of the dash near the base of the windshield? Looks too small and too close to the glass to be a popup nav screen, so I'm assuming it is just a segment of the dash that is separate for some other reason.

Overall, though, I love most of what I've seen so far... We'll just have to see how the interior packaging works (i.e. will I fit?).
Old 07-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
If the ~3750 is correct and that's for the v8
Don't count on that being the weight of the V8. This is almost certainly a V6 car we're looking at (no scoop), and so it stands to reason that the numbers apply to the V6.

See this thread for a look at a V8 car with the scoop.

So as much as everything from the 4thgen will go in the 3rdgen. From the entire power train to the interior. How much of this will we be swapping in to 4thgens 10 years from now.
I think you can probably count on swapping the engine and transmission relatively easily... good luck with the rest of it.

reverse is moved to the top left vs the top right? what does that mean for the manual? what current tranny has that pattern?
Again, this is probably a V6. No sense putting a TR6060 (which is Tremec's replacement for the now-obsolete T56) behind an engine with only 270 lb-ft of peak torque. My guess is that it's the same tranny found in the CTS.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Look VERY VERY closely at the steering wheel area...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
You will understand it more when you have something to compare it to.
I bet the RS package will include the angel eye headlights, the concept style grille instead of the egg crate, the chrome taillight trim, the spoiler, the raised hood (the non-RS V6 having a completely flat hood or something) and different wheels.

I just noticed something else; why is the gas on the passenger side instead of the driver side? That's going to confuse the hell out of me for awhile.
What are we looking for? I see redundant cruise controls (I think), some sort of phone controls, maybe some redundant stereo controls, but nothing out of the ordinary or special.

Last edited by msgZ28; 07-18-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Prominent Member

Hands free cell phone / bluetooth... pass. side of wheel toward center....
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Heh....I (probably) sat in the very car you see. I sat in it for quite a long time, getting to know every inch of it at the focus group of it and I still cannot stop looking at it.

And there is SO much more to come.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Hands free cell phone / bluetooth... pass. side of wheel toward center....
Yes that...but closer...look beyond....
Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
Not LEDs. If they used LEDs the entire grill would have to be lined with them to get enough light. Hopefully they're the bi-xenon projectors I've been hoping for.
What are bi-xenon projectors? Also, what are the 5 LED looking things that surround the headlight itself? I also thought that LED headlights would be coming to production very soon (possible in a Cadillac) because of some new technology or something.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM

It's too heavy and I don't like the interior. Where are the T-tops?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Prominent Member

Smart Key fob?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm. You said "look at the steering wheel area", not "look at the steering wheel". I see something back there, behind the right spoke of the wheel... not sure what it is...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 PM

There doesn't appear to be much different visually with the RS. The headlights are the biggest change that I can see. Is it possible that the RS package will only be available on the V6 models, and it includes some performance upgrades (rear axle ratio, suspension tweaks, etc.)?

I'm not a huge fan of the speedometer/tachometer setup, and haven't been since the concept was introduced. The console gauges are cool - the torque gauge is a little silly, though.

I'm wondering what the little thumbwheel labeled "SRC" on the right side of the steering wheel is for.

The radio design is ....but it's not bad.

I hope that 3750 lb. figure is for the SS, but I won't be surprised if it's for the V6.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by skorpion317
I'm wondering what the little thumbwheel labeled "SRC" on the right side of the steering wheel is for.
My guess is that it would be to switch between input sources on the stereo. CD, AM, FM, XM, aux (iPod), etc.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Smart Key fob?
It sure as hell doesn't dangle, smacking the dash over even mild bumps. Thankfully.

Originally Posted by skorpion317
"SOURCE"
Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Not looking at the picture I'm going to take a guess.... PUSH BUTTON StART???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WOW !!!! info released today..............