2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Why can't dealers get their information straight?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:22 PM

A buddy of mines kid works at Best Buy, they test these folks on product knowledge and have secret shoppers that vaildate that the customer is getting accurate info and being treated well. If GM did this then far more of the sales guys would have basic product knowledge. Or maybe they should hire kids from Best Buy.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:22 PM

We are also tested and sent to training to learn about our tires and services. We know our product in and out.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroScooter
SSPORT10, what dealers have you spoken to? I live in Denver, NC.
Thanks
I live over in Mooresville and have spoken via e-mail to Randy Marion, who basically know nothing and really were not all that interested in my business, City Chevrolet, same thing, know nothing just offered to put me on their "information e-mail distribution list", Parks Chevrolet left me a voice mail that the car is being built for production on Feb. 9th and should hit dealers in April and orders will be taken and entered in Jan (obviously not correct information), Larry King Chevrolet in Kannapolis, knew about the order date and I believe they said they are selling at MSRP and would keep me informed, and the most productive conversation was with Ben Mynatt Chevrolet in Concord. They are selling at MSRP, have a bunch of information that most dealers do not, know the order date and basically all the info that we know here, and are very helpful and actually wanting to work with the customer. The only issue I have is that they are "guessing" on their allocation as 20, I am not sure if this is for the year or not, but I am not sure if they will be able to have an order accepted in the very beginning of production. They state that they see no issue with having one sometime in March, as long as the order is placed on the first day dealers can place them (10/13). Might take a ride down to Ben Mynatt next week to see what they are all about.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM

There is a dealer who does a ton of business on the corvette forum. They are very knowledgeble and well respected. They will be creating a special website for their Camaro sales similar to how they do their Corvette business. They ship all over the country and know how to price their cars fairly so I suspect I will be speaking with them first. I hope to see other knowledgeable dealers with good reputations step up and make themselves known.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
There is a dealer who does a ton of business on the corvette forum. They are very knowledgeble and well respected. They will be creating a special website for their Camaro sales similar to how they do their Corvette business. They ship all over the country and know how to price their cars fairly so I suspect I will be speaking with them first. I hope to see other knowledgeable dealers with good reputations step up and make themselves known.
Les Stanford Chevrolet?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I have been trying to get answers from about 7 or 8 local Chevy dealers in the Charlotte, NC area the past few days and like you have been getting extremely frustrated. Nobody knows anything and they are not even putting an effort to earn my business. After the 5th or 6th dealer, I finally found one that actually knows almost as much as we do here on this forum, and actually wants to work with me. They are selling them for MSRP. I inquired about what they thought their allocation will be and they stated probably around 20 or so, but obviously not 100% sure at least until the 13th. They stated that they should be able to obtain one by March, but either way not having the very first one is always the best thing. Price and service are definitely important. We will see what happens, but at least there are some dealers that actually care about earning their customers, as opposed to the other way around when they think that they are doing you a favor.
I had great luck at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet. I put a deposit down...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 PM

Les Stanford Chevrolet?
Rick was at Les Stanford until early/mid this year.. then he moved down to Maxie Price in Georgia to help them recover their horrid rep in the corvette business. He has done well so far (even as much as cutting their prices on corvettes down to invoice +$500ish). Many on the vette forums have taken advantage of this move and have had immensly better experiences with that dealership now that rick has turned things around (and even gotten reinstated as a supporting vendor on the forums).

He still plans to get his site updated and adding the camaro to is repertoire.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
Rick was at Les Stanford until early/mid this year.. then he moved down to Maxie Price in Georgia to help them recover their horrid rep in the corvette business. He has done well so far (even as much as cutting their prices on corvettes down to invoice +$500ish). Many on the vette forums have taken advantage of this move and have had immensly better experiences with that dealership now that rick has turned things around (and even gotten reinstated as a supporting vendor on the forums).

He still plans to get his site updated and adding the camaro to is repertoire.
Rick is a great guy, have talked with hi via e-mail on a number of occassions, especially about the Camaro. I am still considering him/Maxie Price, especially since that dealership is only a few hours drive from where I live. The last Rick told me was that he had no information, probably does not want to give out information before it is "official" from GM and made public.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tantalizer43
Do you know what their volume of sales is? How many people have deposits there?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tantalizer43

Please, people, don't put deposits down before taking delivery of a car!

Even when you can really place your order on October 13th... there should be no money changing hands.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb

Please, people, don't put deposits down before taking delivery of a car!

Even when you can really place your order on October 13th... there should be no money changing hands.
As long as the deposit is fully refundable, I see no issue with putting a deposit down. I worry about the dealers that DON'T take deposits but promise you the world, then it turns out when they finally get a car on their lot, they turn around and sell it to someone else at a much higher price.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

As long as the deposit is fully refundable, I see no issue with putting a deposit down. I worry about the dealers that DON'T take deposits but promise you the world, then it turns out when they finally get a car on their lot, they turn around and sell it to someone else at a much higher price.
Fully refundable is better, but if you're working with the kind of dealer that won't honor his word, you should go elsewhere. Reputable, honest dealers really do exist.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM

It isn't anything new that sales people know very little about the product that they are selling. Very few sales people will take to time to gain product knowledge, as it is much easier to sell on price or emotion. Why do you think the first thing that a car sales person does is try to get you behind the wheel so you'll fall in love with the car. It makes for a much easier sale for them if they can get you to really want the car. This goes for any sales person selling any product. When was the last time that you bought a big ticket item and actually found a sales person that had even a small clue about the product that thay were selling.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:00 PM

What happens when the dealer goes belly up?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=637437
Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Do you know what their volume of sales is? How many people have deposits there?
I do not know what their volume of sales is, and I do not know what their allotment is. Neither do they. I'm not sure how many deposits they have, but I am number 4, so probably not that many. I've just always wanted to buy a car from Earnhardt Chevrolet.

I feel comfortable because my deposit is 100% fully refundable, and I got it in writing, and a gaurantee of no dealer mark up.

Last edited by Tantalizer43; 09-29-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why can't dealers get their information straight?